Dhadak (2018) Poster

(2018)

Another remake which simple insults the original.
nikhilraj199020 July 2018
Same old story, nothing new, "two lovers have biggest possible obstacles, and there's nothing important than love in life".
127 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful acting
ekoniondosa20 July 2018
Awful acting by Jhanvi. Even the little Taimur would turn his eyes away. All these young starkids can do is put their fingers in each others nose like we have seen them doing recently. Utter disgrace..
160 out of 231 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ignore the haters, it's a great watch!
mukherjeesubham934 October 2018
I'm actually stunned by the low ratings this movie has received, though it has rightly proven to be a box office success. First of all, I will state I haven't seen Sairat. Maybe Sairat is much greater than this, but that doesn't undermine this movie! Furthermore, Sairat is a regional movie, it can't appeal to all audiences alike, like the way this does. Dhadak is a fantastic movie in it's own right. You feel for the characters right throughout. The film starts like a normal bollywood romance, a boy meets a girl, they fall in love....romance pursues. But it is the second half, where reality kicks in, is where the film soars. This movie required debutants, who are raw and unpolished. Even Sairat did that. Dhadak does that too. Jahnvi Kapoor and Ishan Khatter are not pros at acting, but thier raw unpolished performances make you believe in the characters. People are silly at making a fuss about nepotism as if they would've done it better than them. We celebrate the likes of Ranbir Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, and suddenly now we scream about nepotism! Just watch the movie, and enjoy it guys! Another plus point of the film is great music and Cinematography. Udaipur and Kolkata are beautifully captured in the two halves. Overall I definitely recommend Dhadak. Ignore the haters. These days it's simply cool to bash bollywood, and go gaga over anything hollywood. It's a trend. Everyone judges movie even before watching them. Rating- 8/10
39 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Horrible
ARKspeed20 July 2018
Both of these stars are just an excuse to work in Bollywood, looks like a c-grade movie with third-class acting.
93 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sairaat ...
madhur-0840520 July 2018
Such a cult movie SAIRAAT cut to mince by KJ ... Go n watch Sairaat once more than this Dhadak disaster...
86 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nonsense
nitinkumarsisodia21 July 2018
Watch it at ur own risk. Had Sairat not released, it still would have done some business. But comparing this crap to SAIRAT, it's painful. Complete waste of money and time.
80 out of 120 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A flop debut.
gursharan155120 July 2018
If you are a star kid, with experienced people from Film industry to guide you, shouldn't you star in a movie which at least makes some sense(at least script wise, if not acting wise)? It's like a part of a Masaan has been taken and powdered with usual useless waste. The trailer was bad but the film is even worse. Privilege can only take you this far.
75 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
RACE 3 aftereffect!
nikhilkishoremails20 July 2018
Just plain shut ruined Sairat! Jahanvi Kapoor is awful and Ishan is average.
76 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Only watch if U do not bring your brain in CINEMA THEATER
satyam-1826721 July 2018
Creepy acting, useless adaptation of original movie , time waste movie.
61 out of 94 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful movie
pramuc20 July 2018
Movie is not at all upto mark...and Janhvi Kapoor acting is not at all good....she needs to work hard so much...
61 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What the hell is this?
anuragmahendru20 July 2018
Just because actors are star's kids not make them a great actor. Worthless movie. Don't watch it if you respect your time.
77 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
lesson in awful acting and film making- complete torture and crap
sreeramk-9494320 July 2018
Both the actors don't even know to act and emote..this is a crap movie fit to wash our poop in toilet. . Worst movie ever. .my rating : 0 stars .Don't waste Ur time seeing this garbage.. Better see antman..don't encourage these crap actor's who are flag bearer of nepotism...this movie is fit for toilet cleaner. Only biased reviews bciz of payment from Karan johar..this is a garbage movie..All of u don't watch this disaster movie of arrogant actors
54 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10 stars because all heartless and senseless people are rating it low
gmegul1 October 2018
All those who are not appreciating this movie, seem to me against love stories like this one, which is ridiculous, I think people in India have problem with girls from remote areas fall in love, so they have made propaganda to devalue this movie. As far as, the acting of both the debut actors is concerned, I loved their acting. I don't understand and don't find any sense in peoples' comments against the acting of Janhvi Kapoor, may be she is being targeted for something, otherwise she has given her best and I found her very good for the role she played. The first half has shown an innocent love and is a fine entertainment, in second half, story gets serious, but I can relate the whole story as well as the acting, so it is a thumbs up!
21 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hail Nepotism
sndave22 July 2018
Nepotism can get film to this star kids but telnet is god gifted. Waste of time and money
30 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
cbmetri20 July 2018
Artificial expression in every frame. This is what happens when industry is full of dynasty people and these dynasty junks are pushing more dynasty junks.
48 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Full Time Waste
adityapratap-9530121 July 2018
Total waste of time, instead go for any movie but don't go for this. ! you will come out of the hall abusing and cursing yourself only.
38 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too bad
harshsachan-7156121 July 2018
Doesn't matter how much this movie gonna make money bt cast didn't earn the respect its countepart sairat gained
33 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
pathetic
rajni-6234020 July 2018
Do not watch this. this is horrible. waste of money.
38 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Honest Review.
manjotbajwa-3952222 July 2018
People are hating this movie because of it's the remake of Marathi film 'Sairat'. If the movie 'Sairat' didn't exist , more people would have loved this movie. I'll be pretty honest I never watched Sairat. When the posters dropped on social media , I actually didn't know it was a remake of a movie. When the trailer released then I knew that it's a remake. But I was really excited to watch this film , so I didn't watched Sairat. Today I went to watch Dhadak in the theatres , AND I COMPLETELY LOVED IT! The actors have done an outstanding job! Janhvi & Ishaan , you guys were amazing!

Ok i respect peoples opinion but please don't spread this much hate because it is a remake of a movie you like.

IMDB rating should be : 7,2

And now I'm going to watch Sairat, and I know I'm going to like it.

So guys go watch this film , it's beautiful. And if you don't want to watch it because it's a remake , go watch it for the actors.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie ever
ajay-avis21 July 2018
Not at all for families and next generation. Jahnavi's badluck that she got this movie.rest everyone along with movie disappoints
31 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unnecessary bashing. it is a great movie
arunabhmooc10 October 2018
The movie is fun like any bollywood movie. Also has great rewatch value. I do not care about SAIRAT. who wants to watch marathi movies? Especially when policitcal parties have so much hate against other communities and regions. It maybe a remake and not better than the original. But the original is made by a community of haters and not people proud of being an Indian
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing film!
trujillo-janna12 November 2018
I'm utterly shocked by the bad reviews. Bad acting? I don't think so! I found every character to be charming and relatable. I loved the story line, and how real it got. True love isn't all rainbows and sunshine, they had their hard moments, but they made it work, which is more than what most people would have done in that situation. She did seem a little naive at times, but she's young. All in all, I really loved this movie. Please don't listen to the bad reviews, and at least give it a try. You won't regret it.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst of all
niteshagarwal-8778421 July 2018
It ruines the essence of sairat ... totally flop Third class acting by jhanvi Ishaan is average I only like the cinematography of Udaipur
24 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad Remake and totally Nonsense
inform_vikash21 July 2018
Despite the fact i don't know a single word in Marathi, i saw Sairat with English subtitle. It was one of the best romantic movie with excellent acting and music. Dhadak is a pathetic remake. Poor acting, badly written dialogues. Just to launch 2 stars, they ruined an excellent story. Don't waste your time and avoid Dhadak & save money. Instead, watch sairat (available on Netflix).
20 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very poor direction , hurried and trashy screenplay , only saved by good performances by the lead. Insulting the classic Marathi film Sairat.
aryanyo-8986022 July 2018
I was initially in no mood of watching Dhadak since I was so in love with the original one and another reason was the direction and the production house. I knew I was digging into something which will be of on worth compared to Sairat. But the only thing which makes this mess watchable is the fresh pair: Ishaan and Jahnvi. They both've acted good in the movie especially Ishaan . He was brilliant just like his debut movie into the clouds and we can say Jahnvi was decent in serious situation although some of them were so rushed which just destroyed the essence of the scene from the original one or had no so essence. Just pale 1-D direction .And she was easy on eyes on lighter moments. Coming to the screenplay and direction both are very bad. I'm surprised that why Shashank Khaitan is even handed projects and something like the remake of an iconic movie... Why God why. The direction is not simply poor . There's nothing to talk about it and screenplay .. omg he just insulted the original one by changing some of the parts of it and making it too rushed , choppy and flat.. ughhh!!! Why ?? The supporting cast is not at all used well. The friends which played a major role in Sairat , they are reduced to just comical figures and side-kicked stalkers. Nothing else to talk about them. Summing this up , this movie is nothing like Sairat . Another Easily forgettable flick by Bollywood and a trashy remake only made watchable by the lead pair.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.