Float Like a Butterfly (2018) Poster

Beautiful Hearfelt
mariuchka9 February 2020
A beautiful portrayal of the life and hardships of the Irish Traveler/Tinkers and the life and kinship of the clan. The love is real. This touched my soul and heart. If you have no Irish in you, you will probably not feel it. Great and beautiful film. The photography and beautiful Ireland I was never able to get to in my lifetime
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A nice little film
jraychretien19 January 2020
This film should be a lesson for little girls and boys. A family with a history of tragedy are reunited with the father. At a time when womyn were expected to be quiet, pregnant and in the kitchen, some womyn started to say no. This young lady is finding out who she truly is in beautiful rural Ireland. It is nice to see the strength of some womyn being portrayed in this way. The world I live in, most womyn are willing to knock a man who is out of line on his arse so any talk of being unrealistic is laughable. Only a very little man would have his insecurities rattled by this film.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2017
twelve-house-books10 November 2020
In 2017, after 500-plus years, the Travellers of Ireland were finally recognized by the Republic as their own ethnic group. The films Snatch and Into the West are also about Travellers, but this masterpiece is the most realistic regarding how they lived in the 1960s. It's a bit different today, but not much (see above mentioned films, or take my word for it because I lived among Travellers in Ireland for a year). All that aside, if you've not yet been honored to see Hazel Doupe act, then this is your chance. Not only is she an exemplary artist, her natural beauty which deviates from the common female aesthetics of our own day like a persimmon differentiates itself from the common apple or orange is well worth viewing--and she is in nearly every scene. I only give a full 10 stars to superlative work, and this film is nothing less than perfect.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GREAT MOVIE!!!
kolleen_adelphia122 October 2020
On top of it being a great movie...... it was made/filmed in Ireland about Irish people!!!!!! SLAINTE!!! CHEERS!!!! X
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Long winded story about life of a young traveller girl. Well acted.
rochfordsimon15 September 2020
I enjoyed this movie. It's over the top at times and too many stretched gaps in the story.

But ultimately tells a great underdog story. Hazel Doupe (Francis) is a superb actress and holds this movie together.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow!
hiacios17 January 2020
How unrealistic can you get? LMAO!

A girl in Ireland is inspired by Ali so much that she wants to fight boys?
9 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heart Warming Film
mattewmanue20 December 2020
I really enjoy this film, it was beautiful acted and amazing
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Inspirational
ktfejvrn20 October 2020
Loved the cast and scenario. Storyline or story telling could be better
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.