My Masterpiece (2018) Poster

Really good movie portraying Argentinean culture, excellent script and great acting
widjajamichael1 October 2018
I really enjoyed this movie, was above expectations. Living as a foreigner in Buenos Aires, Argentina, I quickly recognized the strong Argentinean culture elements in this movie about relationships and how people interact in Argentina. The friendship is one strong element that is shown how it survives with all ups and downs, but also how businesses are dealt here locally is well portrayed.

Besides that, the directing and acting of the key characters is well done, very convincing, and able to time the moments and express themselves in their settings.

The camera work and music are two other pluspoints, well taken and integrated, and able to picture the city as well as the landscapes.

The script is relaxing with some some good and funnny comedy scenes, as well as some exciting scenes to keep the plot moving. The speed the story is told is good, not too boring while still keeping the viewer well maintained of how the plot unravels.

Really enjoyed it.

I gave it a 9 because I watch many movies, and i like this one a lot and I have not yet seen a 10.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Recomendadisima
pamela-boveda27 August 2018
Buenisima pelicula, para ver en familia! muy divertida y excelente actuación
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a duet !
FrenchEddieFelson25 February 2019
Guillermo Francella and Luis Brandoni deliver a high quality performance and form a memorable duo. Moreover, the film is generally successful even if the scenario is sometimes perfectible, with 2/3 insufficiently credible transitions . But this remains secondary. I loved !
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A great moral about friendship
bachito199614 September 2018
This movie was directed by Mariano Cohn (well known for co-directing "El ciudadano ilustre", a movie I enjoyed a lot un 2016) and was hilarious, funny, sad, dramatic... plenty of feelings combined. Brandoni delivered a great performance, he is basically the movie, even if he doesn't appear at the screen. With this movie time goes really fast. Pure entertainment.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Argentine drama
manugw3 February 2019
Excelent movie about a commercial association between a famous ill tempered paint artist and his longtime friend, a slick art seller who pull an scam with him. Both performers are top notch Argentinian actors with a long track record in comedy and drama. Mr Brandoni portrayal of the grumpy painter is remarkable. The movie wants to leave a message about life and materialism, have some scenes shot in the beautiful Argentine north ridges of Jujuy as in inner Buenos Aires, the nation capital, where most events take place.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Muy buena
sebazko27 January 2019
Excelente trama y grandes actores. Grandiosos paisajes y fotografia
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
fernando-cosentino31 January 2019
Never disappointed of Argentinian movies, like always. Amazing movie.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amusing
jdmcox5514 March 2019
Very amusing all the way through. Guillermo Francella was also in The Secret in Their Eyes (the Argentinian version), where he displayed the exact same dead-pan humor playing as Pablo Sandoval. In fact the whole movie seemed to be written for his style of humor (tongue-in-cheek).
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An authentic argentinian flavour.
hdirenzo20 September 2018
This is a film about true friendship, Argentinian style. In my country friendship is some kind of religión we all profess. So we feel touched by the situations in this film. Another good reason to watch it is enjoy the actors' great work. Impressive, even when we know they are among the best actors of Argentina. Great movie! go watch it.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost opportunity
ferdelaboca25 January 2019
Could have been a better film, good acting though. Wanted to surprise with the script, but was very predictable the twists. Overall, not horrible but a lost opportunity - give a 1 though because of gallinas
4 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.