The Rookie (2018– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
Sex & Nudity
- In two episodes, a man is seen with his girlfriend in bed, they are both topless, it is unknown if they had sex or not. No private parts shown. Both of the scenes last for approximately 30 seconds.
Violence & Gore
- Based on the trailer, it looks like this show will have pretty standard "cop show" type violence, such as gun violence, standoffs, and shootouts; physical confrontations resulting in blood, bruises, or other injuries; and officers and civilians in dangerous situations (car wrecks/chases, kidnappings, domestic violence, home invasions, robberies, hostage situations, etc.).
- Nolan and Bishop respond to a domestic disturbance, they enter the house and see a a man and a women attack each other. The woman is seen stabbing the man repeatedly. The man falls to the ground and the woman is restrained to the floor. The mans neck is covered in blood. This scene is disturbing and intense.
- A man and his girlfriend are seen being tortured by a gang. This is only lasts for 3 seconds.
- Throughout the series, multiple people are shot and usually get killed.
- A cop is involved in a brutal fight with a serial killer, this scene is intense and possibly disturbing to some viewers. Neither are killed.
- A woman is tortured by her ex-boyfriend, this lasts for 5 minutes. This scene can be incredibly disturbing for some viewers. No one is killed.
- A fugitive's ex-girlfriend is seen being tied up to a chair with a shotgun tied next to her aiming for her head. The fugitive threatens to kill her if the cops intervene with what he's doing. This scene is intense and disturbing.
- The season finale is disturbing and very intense: A man is infected through his mouth and nose, he starts going into a seizure and attacks a cop whilst more and more blood is seen coming from his nose and mouth and dies. A criminal threatens to kill everyone on a bus. This scene is disturbing and intense.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- While this series may not be as bad as others in the genre (i.e. 911 or NCIS). There may be R-rated content slipped in every once in a while. TV-PG/14