The Siege of Robin Hood (2022) Poster

One of the best robin hoods
sydmwswy3 July 2022
After Michael Curtis' Robin Hood, which was very good but I didn't like it, I haven't seen such a good Robin Hood. Scott's Robin Hood was not bad either, but it was in another phase. I don't see any differences between the story and the film.
31 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LEGO Stop Motion would've fared better.
ckennp-210487 June 2022
12 minutes and 30 seconds in, I couldn't take anymore. Cringe, lame (that's just the first 10+min); what was the point of this video? I've seen parodies and fan-made videos on YouTube (not particularly about Robin Hood) that had better VFX, acting, transitions, jokes and filters. The trailer is the only "professional" product of this video project.

After seeing the settings in the first 12.5 min of this video, it seems that whatever money was spent on this, would've been more effective had it been invested in a LEGO stop motion video titled: "The Siege of Robin Hood" and uploaded on YouTube.

Speaking of Robin Hood on YouTube; copy and paste the following in the YouTube Search box, and select the first video to watch a proper telling of Robin Hood: eRz2UFPo9BQ.
34 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love B movies, this is a classic
john564778 June 2022
The set, costumes, everything is just B movie perfect.

I love that the cart taking the prisoners had car tyres.

That the horses lived in a stable built of concrete breeze blocks.

Only in 12 minutes, and am so excited by how bad it is.

EDIT: Finished the movie, am I the only one?

Actually, some of the fight scenes towards the end were not all that bad, seriously!

Plenty of fun, B-movie or not.

Even a Viking funeral at the end, I kid you not.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just dont
arnbjarnarson8 June 2022
I thougt haters gonna haters, and gave it a chance , but holy hell , this movie is so bad ....... the acting, the story line , just everything is so lousy :)
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What an attempt at film making .....
tonybeatson7 June 2022
Had my 5 year old grandson made this alleged attempt at film making i would have been shocked to the core as even a 5 year old could have made a better film then this shocker ...but even he would have realised that Merlin and Sir Lancelot didn't have much to do in the Robin Hood Legend ....or is it just me ? Somehow l don't think so....l had to call it a day after 20 minutes of this assault on my senses i don't know HOW In a Million years this got the ridiculously high score it got on IMDB Obviously from the people involved in its production i should think .....anyway guys back to the drawing board and see what delights you can come up with next time ...maybe you could put King Arthur and Sir Galahad in there to and retell the story of William Tell ....on ice good luck with that one .....for sure it cannot be any worse a shocker than .......The siege of Robin Hood.
15 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Empathic embarrasment
sczhch8 June 2022
Randomly clicked through the movie and every glimpse made me shiver or laugh. Looks like a high school project filmed with a cell phone. Please find another hobby. This is not working out for you.
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I tried to ignore reviews
kodylenzerkl8 June 2022
I attempted to ignore reviews but, jesus. First couple minutes in and you could tell how awful this film is. Actors are just bouncing around making random sounds not knowing where to even look. It's like a food lion brand Disney TV show.
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Renaissance Festival For 3 Year Olds
stevendbeard9 June 2022
I saw The Siege of Robin Hood, starring Paul Allica-Sky Hunter, Kung Fu Yoga; Kahli Williams-Blood Hunt, Crestfallen; Dave Beamish-Riverdale_tv, Batwoman_tv and David Macrae-Nancy in Hell, Patient X.

This is a bad, bad, bad movie. It's written, produced and directed by Paul Allica, who also stars as Robin Hood. Paul plays Robin Hood in name only. This movie is not by any means historically accurate-maybe because it was filmed in Australia and they must not have our history books down under. Kahli plays a bar maid named Freyda-not Marianne-that joins Paul in his rebellion against David, the Sheriff of Nottingham. She is also the romantic interest to Paul. David kills the queen and becomes the king of England. Merlin the magician is Davids' brother. Dave plays Sir Lancelot, that also joins Pauls' merry group of parcour and martial arts specialists-lots of jumping and kicking going on here. Some of the wooden carts that are seen have car tires on them. Like I said, bad. It's like a Renaissance festival was putting on a play for 3 year olds.

It's rated R for bloody violence and has a running time of 2 hours.

I would not buy this on DVD or even rent it-the manager in my theater said a lot of people have walked out of the movie after 10 to 20 minutes-so if you really want to see it, I'd wait until it comes to your tv.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
no no no
einsamer_boy8 June 2022
What can I say? Aren't there minimum standards for quality control?

Anyone who sees this wonders who is waving through something like this since it's so incredibly poorly done.

Every cosplay meeting offers better costumes.
11 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I think a child could do a better film
evo9008 June 2022
This whole movie was like a toddler made it. I actually think a toddler could probably make a better film if i'm being honest. Terrible acting, special FX, roll play etc...Made it about 20 minutes in before I couldn't take it any longer.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow, for the wrong reason though
stipekatusic8 June 2022
Are you guys serious? I couldn't take it more than 15 minutes.

This is a Robin Hood version of Sharknado movies. Actually, Sharknado movies are much better.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An imperfect Robin Hood movie with heart
Stokes_Music17 June 2022
Okay, yes, I suppose rating this film an 8/10 is generous, but I think it's about time that independent filmmakers get a fair shake. After all, sometimes our beloved Hollywood filmmakers spend over $100 million dollars and still produce a turkey. This movie, on the other hand, immediately looked like something that some of my friends (my more talented friends, that is) shot with their cell phones at a Renaissance faire and edited on a MacBook, but you know what? It had heart. It was fun, funny, and had the spirit of adventure that Robin Hood stories should have.

Was it everything I ever wanted from a Robin Hood film? No, but did I waste two hours watching it? No! I had fun. It felt like an enthusiastic friend telling me a fun story. And, by the way, where did Robin Hood legends come from? They came from the common people, not the ridiculously rich people, such as our multimillion/billion dollar Hollywood elites.

And who am I to tell you this movie is a worthwhile watch? I'm not a filmmaker, but I do have one of the most ambitious webpages for Robin Hood film, TV, and video game reviews. I've also seen every film on the AFI top 100 and the revised list they published a decade later, and while this puts me still in the category of "film enthusiast", I still count myself as a self-proclaimed expert when it comes to Robin Hood films.

So, if you want a perfect film, bound to go down in the annals of film history, this isn't it. If you want a fun Robin Hood adventure, told by the common folk to the common folk, then cast off the guise of pretentious Hollywood film critic for a moment, and just enjoy the fun of watching this film, like a lowly commoner.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quit after 7 minutes
rchevalier-373032 August 2022
This was so bad I gave up after the final Saban films acknowledgement at the beginning of the movie. No spoilers no reviews I just gave up because the first seven minutes were so awful.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film, great characters
tamarajane-522111 July 2022
An action packed film with humour - really enjoyed watching it. Loved how Robin built his team of warriors and how the characters developed within that team. Beautiful scenery. Well done to all involved.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Set to become an Australian indie cult classic
tyler-393721 July 2022
I was fortunate to have today been present at the Australian premier of this remarkable film including a Q&A with the cast a crew. Hearing their stories, laughing and cheering alongside them helped me to appreciate what an achievement this film is. Produced on a minimal budget with local talent, it is rare to find films of this nature in Australia.

Whilst it is certainly a medieval fantasy, it felt like a uniquely Australian film and at times like a Hong Kong action flick. Watch it if you enjoy any of these genres.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie
petercolinmcfayen8 June 2022
Great effort from a group of amateur, first-time film makers. The fight scenes and special effects are terrific and the film features a great mix of comedy and drama. Loved the way it featured Kryall Castle in Victoria. Well done to everyone involved.
13 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They should be ashamed of themselves for this garbage
johnthetech31 July 2022
Obviously the higher rated reviews are shills, this movie was painful.

I saw one reviewer saying we should give these indie movies a fair turn. I'd gladly give them a pass if they didn't sell out and release this horrible, unfinished, piece of junk. Unfinished sound work. The average YouTuber could have done better. I wasn't expecting a fantastic plot, but there was zero quality control or cohesion.

In summary: it shouldn't be this easy to tell who slept with who to get their job.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Refreshing, funny, full of action
Just great to see a home grown Aussie film that doesn't use the same faces! Wonderful action scenes. Great setting. Really fine piece of work from a young filmmaker Let's back our independent and industrious next generation!
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't listen to the bad reviews, they have no soul
solamatryoshka11 June 2022
Do you remember Avatar?

Will you remember this film?

B)

Just have a good time, don't take things seriously bois. Not every movie has to be a masterpiece. B)
8 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film
khenderwood8 June 2022
Fantastic film with a twist to the traditional story line of robin hood. Definitely worth watching all the way through. The live action fight scenes were fantastic!
10 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved It
envirowolf8 June 2022
Make up your own mind on this one, I loved it for its entertainment value for sure, I was entertained. I loved that it was produced on a low budget by up and coming entertainers, keep up the great work guys.
9 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie's solid.
dingobeans12 June 2022
Look, considering the creators could've just done a Ned Kelly movie with the same themes and cast and probably had this one slipped into a cushy feature spot on SBS On Demand shows the actual level of passion and care they had for this project. Instead they got a few hundred of their LARP mates and booked out a castle and shot a Robin Hood story with gum trees and colorbond roofing as its backdrop.

And they pulled it off. The soundtrack's great, the cinematography is tight, and I'm incredibly impressed at the choreography behind so much of what's going on, especially the jousting scene. The acting's pretty good and the costumes are great. You can tell that everyone's having fun, but it's not at the detriment of professionalism. Cracker job.

What the creators have done is low key insane for an Australian production. Why does this exist? It has no right to. Please make another.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch at your own risk
gargis-9132910 June 2022
When I saw the poster I got the vibe of Mad Max but how wrong I was, I knew once I started watching it.

Well, they did attempt to make it but too bad that it failed.

I hope they do better in the future.
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Aussie action at its best!
Hendo12243 July 2022
As a fan of genre, I had high hopes heading in and am glad to say this film exceeded them easily. With a great story, funny characters and top tier action, I couldn't recommend this to other fans more. Can't wait to give it a rewatch in the near future! 10/10.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic Aussie Action Film
SamanthaRuthH8 June 2022
I thoroughly enjoyed this ambitious action film which presents a refreshing new take on old legends.

While the fight scenes are a clear highlight and keen point of difference from your stock standard Aussie film, Siege balances these with both emotional depth and humour to create a highly engaging and entertaining watch.

Allica carries himself well in the nostalgic role of Robin with charm and determination, whilst bringing a well needed twist to the timeless character, and is supported with solid acting by the surrounding cast. Some beautiful scenery and a great soundtrack round out this daring and fun film.

An impressive effort for a first time filmmaker! Will highly recommend to friends and family.
7 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.