L.A.'s Finest (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

Old School fun
pearson25219 May 2019
This is fun fast paced, with bit of 90s urban charm. Both Gabrielle Union and Jessica Abla have great chemistry, You'll definitely have a good time with this is, if you don't take life to serious and up for a few laughs , you will enjoy this .

I see a few people moaning because this is a spin off ,from bad boys with female characters. But it's not trying to be bad boys, it's just following Marcus sister Syd from bad boys 2 life as a cop and her partner . So treat it as it's own thing.

People today have this attitude because a show has female leads or LGBT character it's some agenda,but we have had females, POC and LGBT leads on TV for a decades now, that's because the world is a diverse place , and television reflects that, it's nothing special it's pretty average. People's identities aren't political, they're just people living their life's .
51 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty good
ladywriter562 June 2019
After reading all the negative reviews on this I'm wondering what exactly does today's audience want in a cop series? More sex, language, unreal car chases? Less plot and enough action sequences in one episode to give your brain an epileptic seizure? After getting hooked on fun, entertaining shows like The Good Cop and Battle Creek only to have them cancelled after one season, I give up trying to figure out today's viewers. No, LA's Finest isn't perfect (or totally realistic, but hey, what show is?). Yet it's pretty engaging. The story lines keep me coming back for more episodes and I think the acting is pretty good. But what do I know?
18 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Give it a chance!
condell7021 May 2019
Not as bad as all these other reviews. Based loosely on the film's Bad Boys and Bad Boys 2.

Nice to see strong women in alpha roles. Hope Spectrum will let these strong characters grow organically and not pull the plug too soon.
34 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WEAK
chuckye6714 May 2019
Watered down, derivative tripe. There are several cop shows out there that are worth watching, but this one isn't among them. Weak sauce, Spectrum. Stay in your lane.
68 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining and a little cheesy
jessicadawnmarie22 May 2019
I'm shocked at so many bad reviews.

Bad boys was full of this same cheesiness. It's a great entertaining show to relax and unwind watching but still keeps you guessing
25 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I like it
orchidami27 May 2019
I don't think it's tough to watch. The original "Bad Boys" movies were no different. Unless your just gender bias. Boys have been making these types of shows forever. Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Union are doing just fine. The story line has some twists and if men were the main characters everyone would eating it up. It's a lot more entertaining than reality tv or half the stupid mindless crap on now. You go girls good show.
18 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holy Crap
cpmay-4889915 May 2019
This is one of the worst I have seen.... The acting is not up to speed, the use of force is fake... what else can I say but crap
36 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A shot in the dark
nathanlujan18 May 2019
Stellar cast for a show spinning off The Bad Boys franchise which is due back in 2020. Union and Alba join forces together to form a duo of tough women detectives with attitudes. 74 yes 74 year old Ernie Hudson looks greater than ever playing Unions father. With all these cops shows on today it's hard to vy for the viewers eyes with solid shows like the Rookie getting canned seems to be the norm. Spectrum may not have this problem as this is their baby from the get go with high production value in Sony and Jerry Bruckheimer behind them.
28 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
nothing new here
stehartley15 May 2019
I so wanted to like this show but struggled to get through the first episode. to many cliché and trys way to hard to be edgy. canceled after 1 season to be sure. theres so many good cop shows out there at the minute, no point wasting your time with this one.
30 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Using a Franchise They Don't Deserve To Piggy Back On!
davidsask16 May 2019
If one could rate lower than 'one' rating this show, would have lots of that number posted! It's sad that after this show got passed over by everyone else that Spectrum started with this show to high lite feature.

Jessica can't act period, the way pronounces everything is painful to listen to. Reading off cue cards from someone acting would have more life. Lastly there is no way in hell she is believable as cop, so the show ***** the bed right there! Gabrille can hold her own but talents wasted here!

What this show reminds one of is the wknd syndicated back in the day programs that were upmost filler fails. (with the exception of Hercules and Xena)

Don't even let an eyeball do single wink at it 1/10
35 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I like it!
lparker4815 May 2019
Love Jessica Alba and Gabrielle Unions relationship! Fun to watch
33 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't find any way this show could be worse than it is.
kayjay-8435615 May 2019
It is BAD in ALL ways. Waste of time. Poor choice of actors for parts. Just too much on so many levels there are NO words. The diversity of actors/characters is not diverse, only stereotypical trying too hard taking themes from bad old shows already overdone.
33 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Yuck!
pswanson0030 May 2019
This show is remarkably bad. The writers have given the central female characters the maturity and judgment of 17-year-old girls, and they bear no resemblance to any peace officer I've ever known, or even seen portrayed. Don't waste your time.
19 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Jessica Alba Fan
franktop-7541918 May 2019
As a Jessica Alba fan I was really keen to see her on the small screen again, but my god this is a unmitigated disaster. The real crime for this load of garbage is the abysmal writing the over acting is a result of the s#it they are expected to parrot to the camera. Oh and lets not forget the diversity quotas needed for present year, it doesn't really matter that the talent is talentless just as long as they meet the diversity requirement. The STRONG BLACK FEMALE check... the dialogue between the two leads is really cringe and I truly believe that Jessica Alba knows this is garbage so is trying too hard to make it work, I truly feel sorry for her being involved in this carp. If I hadn't been a fan of Jessica Alba I would have walked away from this after the first episode, but I am watching the second episode and I want to gouge out my eyes and stick a ice pick in my ears. Jessica Alba has been in some great features and I also loved her in Dark Angel but unfortunately this is not going to do anything for her career. I predict a one season series and that's if they are lucky.
26 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As bad as Spectrum Cable Service
trprt7715 June 2019
My God, could they use any more idiotic cliches that are the worst of every cop show over the last 40 years?

Combined with poor writing, and acting, this show confirms that Spectrum is not only a terrible cable provider, but also a terrible content provider.

I hate to think that all the price increases the last few years in my Spectrum service was to subsidize this garbage.
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Drama, Comedy and Suspense!!!
info-7543916 May 2019
This ensemble is not over the top, by any means. After viewing three episodes, at least five different plot lines have been revealed. Do yourself a favor and don't pass on this show.
26 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NOT BAD SHOW
jwenn712 June 2019
Well I was entertained, like it says it's a spin off from bad boys so dont expect to see bad boys watered down for TV.. It's got it's own thing , and it aibt bad, trust me theres plenty alot worse on TV than this show. I'll be following it to see how it goes... Thumbs up from me.
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm wondeing if the 1/10 reviewers only watched the pilot.....
xDaisyJohnson15 June 2019
.... because i watched the pilot... and it was bad... like a 1/10 bad..

but i carried on and by episode 3 i found it very interesting.. the plot twists and the dynamics between the two leads is good.. also alba and unions characters in a sense are more interesting than the male leads in bad boys... at the end of the day lawrence and smiths characters were decent guys and good cops.. union and alba are shifty to say the least and its very compelling to see what kind of dodgy shenanigans they will do next..

its not a great show.. but its a good watch.. just get past the first episode which is really trying too hard and is just a cheesefest and by episode 3 it really does change for the best and becomes a decent show.

its a strong 6/10 but im going to give it an extra point just because i love alba and unions chemistry.

my only real issue is sometimes the show feels like its trying too hard to remake some scenes from the bad boys film... theres homage and then theres literal scene for scene camera angles and rip offs.. and it doesnt need to do it... it lessens the show for me. Also the humour sometimes feels a little too juvenile for me.. but this is probably down to me getting older... i found the humour in bad boys funny when i watched it as a teen but 20 plus years later that kind of humour just annoys me.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it's boring
ihor-6274215 June 2019
Wooden characters, boring plot, too many politically correct crap. The last one makes this show feels like it was castrated.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Big swing big miss.
johnscreek18 May 2019
I wanted to like this show, but it's pretty bad. I cannot tell if they are trying too hard or if they are just bad actors. I have seen Gabrielle Union in other stuff and she was great, but not on this one. Maybe the writing is just so bad she cannot overcome it. This should have been good.
20 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is Good!!
yahi197320 May 2019
Its a really entertaining show... Jessica and Gabrielle have good chemistry... Jessica should be more bad-ass though... Her voice is too "soft"...
12 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it
L.A.'s Finest is a cute show with great actors. The storylines seem very cheesy, but it's a fun show.
11 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not great but likable
lina-al-zouman27 May 2019
Yes its not the greatest show, But its nice to watch. And i love both actresses.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A dead cert to be cancelled
confidential-6789721 May 2019
Why would Jessica Alba sign on for this? If your gonna have a bad boys spin off, put it in HBO or Netflix and make it for an adult audience. This is like a spoof of a bad 90's buddy cop show
16 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good one liners
christ-0666624 May 2019
Not as bad as people say- nice to have on in the background. Some funny one liners in every episode
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.