Paradise Beach (2019) Poster

So disappointing
FrenchEddieFelson25 February 2019
Sami Bouajila (Sauver ou périr, Indigènes, ...) and Hubert Koundé (La haine) are trapped in a disappointing movie in which the 9-3 invades Thailand with a superficial script and an avalanche of clichés (communitarianism, violence, ...)
20 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Scenery is Gorgeous
bshaef-3422912 November 2019
Everything else, story, acting, music, directing is strictly C list. I'll watch another Thai movie in 20 years to see if they have been improving. Note to Netflix - don't greenlight any Thai movies unless there are enough people in the country to enable it to turn a profit.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing but it was set in Thailand!
peter0711 November 2019
I love films set in Thailand, so when Netflix offered this flick, I jumped at the chance to watch it. And since it was also a French production, I was hoping for something better than B-movie trash produced in the U.S. I was pretty disappointed.

The plot is that Mehdi, a member of a gang that robbed a bank 15 years earlier in France who was the only one caught by cops, is released from prison and joins the rest of the gang on the Thai tourist island of Phuket. The Phuket-based members are all doing well in the businesses they set up with the 2.4 million euros they stole. The trouble starts when Mehdi, citing how he spent 15 years in prison while the rest of the gang was in paradise enjoying their loot, wants his share of the money, or 400,000 euros, so that he can go back to France. The members make various excuses on why they cannot pay him now but the member closest to Hicham, now married to a Thai woman whose brother is a police chief on Phuket, pledges to get Mehdi his money. Things go south for the gang from there as Mehdi erroneously thinks the methods he employed in France will work in Thailand.

The sets were great and reminded me of Thailand, and also got me wanting to go back. The problem is, the plot has a few unbelievable elements and twists that just don't make sense. As much as I enjoyed the film mainly because it was set in Thailand, well, I can't say it's a good movie. It didn't suck as the plot did have twists and turns that had me guessing but in the end, the ending fell flat. That said, I still enjoyed it and for those who love Thailand, this film is fun.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously
sabitbol9 November 2019
Some of the worst acting I have never seen. Even the plot is lame. Just when you think this movie has some potential, they throw some complete nonsense into the mix with complete garbage acting performances. Don't waste your time.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously is a movie?
stevebig14 November 2019
I watched this bc I live in Patong. Stereotypes and a lot of fake ideas of this place. I know many people in movie and place too. Good photography and scenery, real life in bag round, but free easy violence in club is only fake. The story is very poor of fantasy and originality. French production ? C series or less.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Created a IMBD account just to make this review
juandilago13 November 2019
Worst plot Ive ever seen. Looks like a high 16 year old made it.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I created account just to review this film...
avs-6246714 November 2019
Some films have some bad acting but to get a film with absolutely no half decent performances is a one in a million.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix no wonder
sungjew-769-88265512 November 2019
I'm too bored and tired to cut it off. I never have any ideas ninety some minutes could be so long.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor movie with poorer captions
ghatbkk11 November 2019
Poor acting, poor dialog, stupid plot, bad ideas and really poorly done language sub-captioning.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is not as bad as they say!
ronzob11 November 2019
I got thrilled with some scenes, the violence is well choreographed and some acting is just great. Just enjoy it
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why is it so low scored?
cecada-2096011 November 2019
I'll tell you why... Because it's stupid. Good movies and television shows don't exist on this planet anymore.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
why is it so low scored?
AleksandrBelenko4 November 2019
It was a nice story. All the characters motivs are well done. Not thee great movie, but I enjoyed it.
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting test of loyalty.
redcoupe0011 November 2019
Give it a watch. It's not as terrible as people are making it seem.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of Xavier Durringer's best efforts.
searchanddestroy-120 February 2019
Let's be clear; that's not a great movie, not a masterpiece, but I love this film. Remember J'IRAI AU PARADIS CAR L'ENFER EST ICI?, twenty one years ago, also directed by Durringer and also written by ex con Jean Miez? Here you have another hoodlum tale taking place in Thailand, a place which Durringer has some connections with; check one or two of his past features. In this movie, you have a table conversation scene made with a long shot, as you also had in J'IRAI AU PARADIS, with excellent dialogues and character scenery...As Durringer probably took from Tarantino's RESERVOIR and also a heist that we never saw. That said, back to this movie, that's not a so good film as directing and sometimes acting, but thta's a bloody, drak, bleak and brutal gangster film, in the pure film noir tradition. I highly recommend it for crime films lovers.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too Boring!
modeeg-5103013 November 2019
Great place with boring movie! Do not waste youre time
Too boring!
modeeg-5103013 November 2019
Great place with boring movie! Don't wast your time
What a mess.
larajayne713 November 2019
I give the 2 stars to the beautiful scenery, as a fan of Thailand and Patong Beach that was the best part. The rest of it a total mess, with weird musical montages and a bunch of pathetic thugs, rubbish.
Camera work was great
Jayroo16 November 2019
But the storyline was atrocious. Absolutely no thought went into the script.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Drivel shows an embarrassing look at the pondlife that infest parts of Thailand,
wallettface16 November 2019
The girls don't look Thai. Just badly produced and little respect to a great people and country.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
no good man. i mean film
bigdeddy-675-34012012 November 2019
One of the worst film i've ever seen. bad acting, in some frame you can see dead people breath, bad scene and bad choises. im asking to myself if the film director know what make films mean. 1h and half throw away
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What an absolute cringefest
wraptile11 November 2019
Only tuned in because it was French movie made in Thailand and what a grave error that was.

Hadn't seen such cringey plot and acting since those old post soviet russian gangster movies. Thai references are absolutely hilarious, wrong and just plain absurd.

I hate watched half of it because of hilariously awkward Thai references but couldn't force myself to finish it - it's like eating gravel with on ocassional gummy bear sprinkled in.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dont spend time on this bad movie
computermusen10 November 2019
Spoiler.

What a wast of time. The wrong ones get killed, corrupt police and a unfaithful wife kills her husband. So wrong. So Who wins here? All the bad ones..... This is not a movie you should spent your time om. Bad bad bad....
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
worse
benjamin-vogel8614 November 2019
One of the worsest movies I have ever seen. nothing positive to say
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Underrated
kvarzi16 November 2019
An interesting story set against a stunning backdrop. Don't listen to the negative reviews. This is a short and sweet crime thriller with a few plot twists, that will kill an hour and a half with ease. It's worth the journey, enjoy!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie, great storyline
bob-4421715 November 2019
Don't believe the hype! :p

Great movie. Not standard movie story with a hero who wins at the end. No romantic stuff, enough action, kept me close to my screen. Keep attention to the story line. Loved it till the end. Don't understand the bad reviews at all.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.