River's Edge (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- There are some pretty graphic sex scenes in the movie.
- A boy meets an old semi-naked man in a bedroom. Gay sex is implied.
- Topless frontal and full rear nudity - male and female.
- Frank conversation about gay and heterosexual practices - fellatio, female masturbation, who 'leads' when two men involved, vaginal and anal penetration with an object (the act itself is also depicted, although seen only obliquely).
- Teen pregnancy. The mother has kept a log of men she has had sex with, whether they used protection, and whether she gained financially.
- Characters undress for sex. She puts her hand in his underwear before they both get naked and have intercourse.
Violence & Gore
- A character gets beaten up a few times by school classmates. There is a dead skeletal body in some scenes.
- A burning person falls to their death from a building. There is some discussion of how this might have happened.
- A character attacks another with a craft knife, inflicting several bloody wounds. A character strangles another until they become unresponsive, believed dead.
- Some threats and sexual dialogue.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- High school students smoke tobacco and sniff cocaine. Later there is discussion about having more 'stuff'.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- No frightening scenes but this movie is bleak and hopeless.
- Two characters have eating disorders. Both overeat, but one immediately vomits, while the other gains weight and is clinically obese.
- Self-harm, teenage pregnancy, nihilist attitudes.