Minding the Gap (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Frequent and sometimes detailed discussion of domestic physical abuse and child abuse. A young man recalls how his father used to beat him. A young man says "B-tches need to be slapped sometimes." Audio of a verbal fight is heard from a cell phone recording (no visual footage shown). Blood is seen on a skateboarder's hands after he falls and scrapes himself (not graphic). A young man recalls having a gun pulled on him by a police officer.
- Heavy use of profanity. Frequent and consistent use of "f-ck." The n-word is used several times in one scene from a video recording. A young man recalls how his father would "kick his ass."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A young man drinks heavily and admits that he uses alcohol to cope with emotional stress and disappointment. He is frequently seen buying and drinking beer.
- Frequent smoking.
- At the beginning in one scene Zack with others smoke weed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film explores the lingering psychological effects of physical abuse, mostly on minors and young adults. A woman becomes very upset while she discusses her abusive marriage. It realistically shows the vulnerability and emotional after effects of abuse, which may be difficult for survivors to watch.