Woman (2019) Poster

(II) (2019)

Painfully brilliant
jennysandbergpark3 February 2020
I went to a screening of this movie at the Gothenburg Film Festival and was completely blown away. I have watched "Human" and thus my expectations were quite high. But it was so much better than I could have ever imagined. The stories, the editing, the visuals - the respectful way in which the women from all over the world were interviewed was incredible. It was truly a rollercoster of emotions and the transition between topics was spectacular. We laughed, cried, were appalled, amazed, thrilled and inspired. I honestly think this movie should be screened in schools so that we can all learn more about the struggles of women all over the world.
10 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This film is mostly about men
marianne_noordzij9 April 2020
I don't like it. The film is a stereotype of the male take on a 'feminist' movie totally ignorant of the omnipresent feminist discourse which by a thousand miles advanced from the repeating of rape, violence and intimidation caused by men.

It's in no single way better than blockbusters drenched in rape-culture and violence against women. I hope the interviewees received sufficient after-care after revisiting their traumas for the sake of making this film.
11 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant
mignotracheljm26 February 2020
One of the best documentaries I've seen so far. It's very powerful and extremely well-made. It needs to be seen all over the world.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.