Last Summer (2018) Poster

(I) (2018)

Absolutely Brilliant...
drhersh19 June 2019
Better than 98% of movies you will ever see coming out of Hollywood.. A story of great wisdom from the mind of a child. Perfect acting all round, gorgeous cinematography, intelligent writing, masterful direction. What more could you want in a movie.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartbreaking Story Done It Right
mccollum2615 June 2019
The poster gave me the impression this maybe the UK version of "Stand by me", but it was nothing like it except for the story evolves around 4 boys. Davy(Noa Thomas) spends his summer days with his brother Iwan(Gruffydd Weston) and best friends, Rhys(Rowan Jones) and Robbie(Christopher Benning).

Then they witness a tragedy between Rhys and Robbie's parents. Their much older brother Kev(Steffan Cennydd) finds out the reason behind it and try to revenge a neighbor named Dai(Richard Harrington) for it while the family is falling apart.

Sensitive Davy refuses to accept the sudden change in his best friends circumstance and tries to correct it by himself. But he's too young to fully understand the situation and to powerless to do anything about it.

Growing up in a loveless household myself, I understand the parents as well as the kids what they want and why they want it. The movie climaxes when Davy confronts in hopes of turning back things the way it was, but it ends very realistic way without any tragedy. I love this movie exactly for it because life is like that.

The cinematography is beautiful and the acting is pretty solid from mostly unknown actors. Wish to see them more in the future. This is a heartbreaking story without any good or evil, because that's what we are like.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartbreaking story done it right
mccollum263 June 2019

Then they witness Rhys and Robbie's father shoot their mom and kills himself. Their much older brother Kev(Steffan Cennydd) finds out their mom was gonna leave the family for a neighbor named Dai(Richard Harrington). Kev blames Dai for his mom leaving dad and goes after him to revenge while 2 younger brothers are sent to a foster home.

Sensitive Davy refuses to accept his best friends sudden depart and tries to correct it by himself. He wants to bring back his best friends home and takes care of their dog, Rex. But he's too young to fully understand the situation and to powerless to do anything about it.

Growing up in a loveless household myself, I understand the parents as well as the kids what they want and why they want it. The movie climaxes when Davy confronts Dai in hopes of turning back things the way it was, but it ends very realistic way without any tragedy. I love this movie exactly for it because life is like that.

0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Breath taking.
hannibal-it782 June 2019
This is a realy strong movie. Strong start, tense continuation. The actors are authentic, especially Noa Thomas who is kinda center. We will see the story through his point of view.

Tragedy strike, some lost there parents. The adult world threathen to destroy what's left between friends and brothers. Davy Davies (Noa Thomas) is who is not giving up, and fight to the last just to keep everything together. Still, in every tragedy, in every hard time, boys can be- will be always boys, and can find the joy what can start the healing of their soul.

Heartbraking, breathtaking, it's a call for your soul. The film is not without faults but you can easily forget if you let the movie carry away. The landscape is beautiful The music is give a good backround, accompanies the story well. A true classic coming of age story.

I can recommend for everyone who is looking after whats not a usual blockbusster, and who like to see something authentic.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.