Vampire Dad (2020) Poster

(2020)

Good little comedy film ,more to come ?
crapstuff-6770018 June 2020
I enjoyed this though possibly you need to enjoy a certain type of humour to get it. Emily did a fine job as the 50's mum ,perfect casting i think. Though i did at times think she was channelling a character from a stage-play farce. I get the feeling she's done a lot of stage work . Not that that's a bad thing ,she's great. Dad was was funny too ,also great casting. I do hope this is carried over to a tv show. I think ,given time ,the characters could all bed-in a bit more and we'd have a pretty good ,fun ,weekly show that is different from the usual stuff we get.. Great job ,hope to see more ,including the underworld goddess !
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
enjoy this with your vampire glasses on...
ops-5253516 June 2020
Because its , at times extremely witty and funny, a little rump of a low budget, one house location, b-quality, smallcast vampirestory. there are blood, and blood and a little more blood of course, mixed with some ''at sale'' specialeffects it works darn well. it may sound like a cruel lie to you all . but it isnt.

i swear that i hate vampire and zoombie movies, but how the story is plotted and the acting are done , is a transverse abysmal dive towards the sky of fun and cliched vampyrianism, where the dialouges hugs you like fangs, and the bleeding irony sips from more holes than just the two usual ones.its production quality are not artistically impressive, but theyve managed to make an engaging struphophysical comedy at a perfect pace and playtime.

so this was a giggling surprise for the grumpy old man, almost like my kids used to feel when reading ''the little vampire''- books for them at bedtime many many years ago. so bring ahead your special vampire glasses, and find the childish feeling of shock and awe and enjoy vampire dad. a throatslithering recommend.
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Light hearted family fun.
franklyincredible7817 June 2020
A throwback to monster comedies. Silly, satire for all.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent. Simply excellent.
Absolutely great use of satire, comedy, b-movie tactics for the comedy, and more. This ranks right up there with the teenage wereskunk movie.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Goddess of the Underworld
nogodnomasters1 September 2020
In 1962 Psychologist Raymond Walinski is bitten by a vampire. He was chosen to be a vampire so he could treat monsters who are lonely and have issues. His wife and brother-in-law know. His BIL supplies film with human blood from work. They have a 16-year-old daughter.

The film had a lot of potentials. It was one I thought I was going to like after the opening scene, but it lacked any sort of clever dialogue.

Guide: No swearing, sex, or nudity.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and Entertaining!
HarleySpinn19 June 2020
Super adorable. Wouldn't be surprised if it became a cult classic. ✨
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My new favorite vampire film
michaeltetro-5744019 June 2020
I really enjoyed this movie! Watched it with my girlfriend and we were laughing throughout. It's a fun time.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Vampire comedy without a proper bite...
paul_haakonsen17 June 2020
I must admit that I had expected more comedy from this 2020 movie. Writers Frankie Ingrassia and Kathryn M. Moseley didn't really fully manage to produce a storyline that felt wholeheartedly or properly enjoyable.

Sure, the movie was watchable once, but this is hardly a movie that I will be returning to watch a second time. Simply because the storyline just didn't have sufficient contents to support a second viewing.

The acting in the movie was adequate, taking into consideration the limitation of the storyline and script. And the fact that director Frankie Ingrassia didn't really manage to make something unique or outstanding here, just didn't help to make it a memorable movie.

The concept of the movie might have seemed interesting on paper, but it translated poorly to the screen.

It just felt too scripted and forced, and the movie was just way too predictable.

My rating for "Vampire Dad" is a generous four out of ten stars.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So incredibly fun!
chelseaxrivera4 July 2020
I thoroughly enjoyed Vampire Dad! Horror comedy is one of my favorite genres and it absolutely delivered. There were moments of laugh out loud laughter and a few scares as well. Super recommend!
Great fun
kvsturges29 June 2020
A fun, refreshing spin on the vampire genre. Lighthearted and super entertaining. Loved the script and the styling. Overall really enjoyed it. Look forward to hopefully seeing more!
Hilarious
noahnks23 June 2020
Such a cute and witty -indie film that brought smiles to my self and my family... and we needed this film because it took our minds off the hellish current events of 2020.
A flawed comedy film.
cristinalinderman18 June 2020
* (Rating 4.5/10) *

* There is 1 end credit scene *

Frankie Ingrassia in her directional debut and crew brought a flawed comedy film. The story is about a family man turned vampire that struggles with his new nature. I love the idea of being set in the 1960s and how some scenes were mixed with the style of a comic book. This movie was meant to be cheesy and campy but I didn't like how it all seemed forced and over the top in his awkwardness making it not funny. While I didn't laugh it was still watchable, well ever so slightly, but not as it should have been enjoyed. This could have been great but as a TV series not as a film because it feels like a sort of a pilot and like some TV series, not all first episodes are good. The film was not properly set up and it left a huge void, such a shame, there were so many interesting things left unspoken or should I say incomplete.

The composer Oliver Goodwill was prepared to bring his music to the 1960s in a comedic style and he did a wonderful job.

I loved the cast but I couldn't enjoy their performances since the poorly script kept them confined to what was given and by doing so it turned their acting skills into so many annoying scenes.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a mixed (blood) bag
district-231052 July 2021
This one is hard. On the one hand, Vampire Dad genuinely made me laugh more than most movies ever do. It was just so quaint and cute and silly and looked gorgeous.

BUT, on the other, it was more like a demo, unfinished with so many ideas that were just left hanging or unexplored. It's so frustrating because its dripping in potential.

Basically, the story is the dad is turned into a vampire so he can offer counselling to the creatures of the night, BUT that's the weakest part of the movie (as the jokes don't land and it's all just a bit weird).

All the actors - all the elements are there. I could watch Sarah Palmer read from the telephone directory, but none of it lands (her role is just unnecessary, she's like Endora from Bewitched, but without a proper character or any meaningful dialogue).

So it was hard to judge. It's cute and it's funny, but it's utterly lacking in any substance. It's an hour and 20 and I felt it was dragging after an hour.

It made me laugh way more than What We Do in the Shadows, but it needed a tighter script and more laughs from the main points, to really stand out. The animated series You're Not a Monster did this so much better.

So, with great regret, for a vampire movie, Vampire Dad has no bite, but the potential is awesome. Let's see a TV series.

So check this out if you like your vampires, but there's not enough here to really satisfy.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you want vampire humour
lineart-1297317 June 2020
I think 'What We Do in the Shadows' is a much funnier series.
0 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.