The Devil All the Time (2020) Poster

Put me down as deeply disturbed
xxforkliftermattxx6 October 2020
The Devil All the Time is a slow burn, thriller and melodrama with outstanding acting, exceptional editing, and precise cinematography. I love the focus on the theme of evil disguised as good. The film focuses on people who are thinking they are doing good under the guise of religion, God, and divine right instead of the harsh reality that they are terrible people committing terrible atrocities. Unfortunately, this is true to life. Obviously, this isn't saying all religious people are evil. It's more so that people are using religion as an excuse to commit crimes. The performances are all really good, and provide a look into the minds of sick, vile humans. The film is deeply disturbing because of how true to life it is and how it focuses on real life themes. It's extremely well crafted, and I love how it's presented, using voice over narration to dictate the flow of the film. The plot is a little convoluted, and the story could've been more thought out. Get ready for a slow descent into disturbing madness. This is one for the ages.
166 out of 183 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Goddamn wel acted movie.
kjeltprent16 September 2020
Okay Tom Holland, Bill Skarsgård, Robert Pattinson, Sebastian Stan and harry Melling acted great in this movie. The story was unlike anything I'd ever seen personally, it was messy but also satisfying. I was interested in what was going to happen throughout the movie and it just kept going. The ending won't work for everyone but it worked for me. I give this movie an 8/10 for acting and how they told the story in a new way.
452 out of 529 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I did not expect this.
Azanspy16 September 2020
Wow. I thought I was in for something else. I didn't think this movie would be in such a high level on artistic grounds. Great story and the director shot with a correct pace which would not bore us. The casting was excellent and all did great. The music is other impressive thing in this movie. I'm happy that Netflix is delivering some content driven good movies nowadays. Overall, I recommend this movie because it's crazy and worth your time.
412 out of 488 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's not for everyone, but great acting and a good story
Prasina_sa_Marsa16 September 2020
From the start, you realize it will be a long movie, with already being more than two hours long. It's a slow-burn movie, with a great story, great acting from actors that we love for their roles in other movies. Here we see they can be more, they took the risk and made something great and worth watching. Netflix as usual gives as every month a new movie to talk about, but this one we will remember for a while.
327 out of 390 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All psychopaths packed in one movie.
chrisleverkruid18 September 2020
If you want to loose trust in humanity, watch it. It has plenty of bad persons that like to do things I've never ever thought about. Religion is a thing that can drive you crazy. I love the grain and unsettling feeling I get from this movie. But I'm happy that I've great people around me after watching this.
259 out of 309 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We need more movies like this!
lukebohn24 September 2020
I will make this very quick. This movie is a breath of fresh air for Netflix originals. This acting is superb, everyone brings their A game. The story is dark, but trust me it's not as dark as people say. If you have ever seen "The Road", that is very dark. This is just kinda f'd up. The story is complex but easy to follow, and it just get's you invested. Also a very good script with some lines that I will remember for awhile. The cinematography is very good too. Honestly, nothing really bothered me or stood out as bad. A very good experience, and I would recommend.
187 out of 222 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The bible belt's pulp fiction
Seppe_VB17 September 2020
Some of the best acting I've seen in 2020. It's not for everyone, but I highly recommend it.
166 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tom Holland takes the cake!
lewishart18 September 2020
When i first saw Tom Holland he was a great addition to spiderman. But my god he had much more to give and this film just shows it. We know bill skarsgard is an amazing acting anyway but also robert pattinson gives a brilliant performance. Back to Tom Holland. He is incredible in this. I never thought he'd go beyond marvel and into 18+ films. He suits it so much more and that lad is TALENTED! His performance is impeccable. This is one of the greatest films of the year.
100 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tom Holland shines in the undoubtedly divisive The Devil All The Time...
msbreviews16 September 2020
If you enjoy reading my Spoiler-Free reviews, please follow my blog :)

Netflix has been able to deliver films with all-star casts pretty regularly. Whether people like the movie or not, that's a whole other subject, but as a convincing argument to make people want to watch a film, this type of casting is perfect. Almost every actor in The Devil All The Time is a fan-favorite due to their presence in cinematic universes, iconic sagas, or Oscar-winning flicks, so it's no surprise if this aspect alone gets audiences to sit in their couches for a movie with an almost two-hour-and-a-half runtime. This is my first time watching an Antonio Campos' film, and my expectations were moderately high, having in mind the synopsis and the genre itself.

I didn't know what the movie was really about since the synopsis doesn't really shine a light on what the main narrative truly addresses. I only watch the first official trailer *after* I watch the film (so I know what I can write in my reviews), and to be honest, it's a bit misleading when it comes to the time certain actors are actually on-screen (Holland only shows up after forty-five minutes, for example). So, for the first hour-and-a-half, I found myself struggling to understand where the story was going. There are more than a handful of relevant characters and storylines, being this my main issue with the flick, but I'll get there.

I'll start with the cast and their characters. The former group is impeccable, as expected. Tom Holland is undoubtedly the biggest surprise by delivering a part of him that no one had seen so far. Arvin's personality is shaped based on his traumatic, tragic, violent childhood. Transitioning from the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man to such a haunted character is not an easy task, but Holland finds a way of dealing with the emotionally overwhelming, dark path that Arvin walks. However, this is a long movie where every character has an important role to play, even those who barely impact the story until the last few minutes.

Bill Skarsgård plays Holland's father, seamlessly incorporating a man whose blind faith in religion sets not only a horrible chain of events, but it also establishes the overall theme for the film. Riley Keough and Jason Clarke play a weird couple with a disturbing modus operandi, but the former is genuinely impressive. She's becoming quite an interesting actress by picking unique roles in unconventional movies. Everyone else is great, Robert Pattinson, Eliza Scanlen, Sebastian Stan, you name it, but Holland, Skarsgård, and Keough are my absolute standouts, as well as their characters. They're definitely most developed across the runtime than the others, which takes me to one of my negatives.

With so many characters, the balance between the numerous storylines fails to be consistent enough to keep me engaged throughout the entire runtime. Antonio and Paulo Campos offer every character a good chunk of time, giving the viewer opportunity to understand the motivations behind said characters and connect with their story. Excellent storytelling method, no doubt about it. However, by the end of the film, some characters have close to zero impact on the narrative in retrospect. Contrasting with my standouts, a few characters feel one-dimensional, used merely either as a plot device to make the story go forward or as an object for gratuitous, gory, bloody killing.

That last aspect might be a no-go for tons of viewers. There are dozens of sequences where a character is brutally shot or beat close to death, so you have my warning. It can go from entertaining to excessively gruesome in a matter of seconds. Nevertheless, the thing I love the most about The Devil All The Time will be the exact same many viewers will definitely hate: its take on religion. Similarly to Darren Aronofsky's mother!, this is a movie that doesn't shy away from depicting how blind faith in hardcore religiousness can be dark, somber, sinful, and take people through the most terrible of paths. It's the overall theme that connects every storyline.

Throughout the film, almost every character's decision is made based on their religious beliefs in some shape or form. If they believe praying is the solution to cancer, they'll pray for days in a row and make sacrifices. If they believe God is giving them supernatural powers, they'll do everything to test his will. If they believe God is telling them to make the most illogical decisions, perform inhuman actions, and sin in the most awful way possible, they'll do it in the blink of an eye. This religious manipulation is depicted in such a realistic manner that it transforms The Devil All The Time into a pretty tricky viewing. For me, it felt so authentic that I can easily connect it to the state of the real world.

From the moment I realized this underlying theme, the second half of the movie became much more interesting. Character arcs start to intertwine, previous questions being to receive their respective answers, and everything falls into place in the last thirty to forty-five minutes. However, the runtime still feels way too long and even though Antonio and Paulo Campos do a remarkable job by coherently joining the several storylines, some of these simply don't add anything to the narrative or to the protagonist's arc. Technically impressive across the board, standouts being Lol Crawley's lingering cinematography and the sweet score from Danny Bensi and Saunder Jurriaans.

The Devil All The Time is destined to be incredibly divisive. Antonio Campos and Paulo Campos conjured up a somber, dark, extremely violent screenplay, packed with numerous storylines and an underlying theme that's going to cause some controversy. With such a stellar cast, it's impossible not to have outstanding performances. The entire cast is impeccable, but Tom Holland (the absolute standout), Riley Keough, and Bill Skarsgård deserve the shoutout due to their genuinely impressive displays. However, the high number of characters and their respective arcs unnecessarily overextend the runtime. Too much time is given to characters who, in retrospect, barely have an impact in the narrative or in the protagonist. Some are used as mere plot devices or kill targets for the sake of entertainment. Nevertheless, the narrative's focus on religion is bold and audacious, showing how blind faith can negatively influence people's lives, taking them and others through the most painful paths. Depending on each person's view on religion, on how open the mind can be and the sensibility to bloody violence, I leave my warning that this film might not be for everyone. But, if it is for you, it will be hard to forget.

Rating: B+
218 out of 295 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Holland and Pattinson lead an amazing cast!
RobScott-1316 September 2020
I never read the book "The Devil All the Time" so I didn't know what to expect but I really enjoyed this movie. Tom Holland & Robert Pattinson lead an All-Star cast that are all at the top of their game here. Pattinson is amazing as usual. He's quickly become one of the better actors around and Holland? Wow, this is such a dramatic role that shows how good of an actor he really is.
143 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just got to love Robert Pattinson and Tom Holland
noehuertafalcon17 September 2020
Good movie, great cast. I really don't know how two English boys can do a great southern accent, both so good.
121 out of 167 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Didnt expect it to be this good.
chompypatil16 September 2020
The place beyond the pines + No country for old men. Good job netflix
142 out of 201 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a good movie!
henriquemmd23 September 2020
António Campos should be really proud of this one. Usually I don't care for a narrator during this movie but when is Pollock telling the story everything gets better. Pollock gives an excellent narrative full of opinions and insults for each character. The story is well written, even with the cross between storylines witch is always difficult to do. The cast is superb! Everyone one is so memorable. My surprise was Herry Melling! He was great in every scene speacialy the one with the spiders
34 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Netflix with yet another film for the best of 2020 pile.
joshbarton1516 September 2020
So there's this new film on Netflix where Spider-Man, Batman and the Winter Soldier make up only a few of the oddball characters in the bleak and unforgiving crime thriller, The Devil All the Time, from Antonio Campos. Now, I'm going to stop right there and tell you that is a ridiculous way to approach this film yet it seems some just aren't ready to relate the actors in this film to anything other than the superhero films they've either already graced or about to. The three respective actors are only a small part of an ensemble cast that may just be the most imipressive of the year.

Arvin Russell (Tom Holland) is a young man devoted to protecting the ones he loves in a postwar backwoods town in Ohio but when a number of sinister characters converge around him, he faces a true test against corruption and brutality.

Our lives can be shaped by a number of varying aspects at such a young age, whether it be through how we are raised by our parents or what we see in the outside world. Amidst the backdrop of a small backwoods town in postwar America, The Devil All the Time is set when both family and religion had a major imprint on people, Arvin Russell in particular being exposed to a childhood of violence carried out by his father on others.

Antonio Campos' film is quite an experience, taking time to settle into its surroundings and many characters but it warrants being a bit of a slow burner with a neatly woven narrative that doesn't shy away from violence, catching me off guard a few times throughout. It's an important part of the narrative though as Arvin struggles with finding a path in life that doesn't lead down the same route his father's took.

Campos has quite a cast at his disposal and he really does get the best out of the film's major players, Tom Holland giving one his finest performances to date in the lead role that showcases a real sense of vulnerability amidst the responsibility to protect those he loves. Robert Pattinson is the scene stealer of the film as a rather unholy preacher that once again proves how electrifying a performer he really is. It's a film made up of many characters that we don't particularly spend a lot of time with but it's testament to Campos as director that he can get such good performances from his cast no matter how minor their role.

The Devil All the Time is a meandering crime thriler that will hold you in a vice-like grip for large parts of its runtime before releasing with quiet but unflinching moments of brutality. It's most definitely one of the best films of the year.
131 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best films of the year
baconeater-260275 October 2020
The acting in this movie is exemplary and should be used more often. The lack of a true main character for the story to revolve around quickly becomes to its advantage. It's a very slow burn movie (and by no means for all people) and revolving between characters every so often helps the story not become stale. Kind of like Magnolia. I'm about to go into spoilers so I suggest you stop reading if you're considering watching this movie. The movie beautifully shows how religious beliefs can corrupt the mind and make people delusional or be used for corrupt purposes like convincing young girls to have sex. The first 30 minutes or so of the movie is used to set up our characters and rightfully so. We are going to spend the next hour and a half with them after all let's give them backstory. Those 30 minutes are tastefully used to show us the backstory instead of having some throwaway line about how Arvin's Dad committed suicide and killed the dog. The Bible Belt accents of characters were done very well and not distracting. One of the only issues I have with this movie is that the narrator continually pops in. At one point it takes me out of the movie completely when he says Robert Pattinson's character only became a preacher because he enjoys the power over people. That took me out of the movie a bit. But the narrator was used appropriately when he says that she stopped asking him to come to her mother's grave. All in all kind of a love-hate relationship just wished they would have shown some of the things he says instead of just telling us them. I understand not wanting to tack on extra scenes to an already long movie but 30 seconds to show he enjoys the attention people give him when speaking shouldn't have been that big an issue. This movie also has one of the best lines in a film I've seen from this year (albeit the selection is limited) when sheriff Bodack is in the squad car talking to young Arvin and says "some people were meant to be buried"." Almost gave me chills. The ending of the movie was well set up as I mentioned before it's a very slow burn but the climax was well set up by it. It's one of the most tense scenes I've seen in a while. Overall I'm gonna give this one a 9/10 not quite an instant classic but it will not be forgotten soon.
27 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dark, depressing, worth it
mattb1245617 September 2020
Get ready for a depressing movie with superb acting.
72 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Has Potential But Lacks Subtext
alipinchie-966-30681516 September 2020
When watching movies I don't normally feel too compelled to write a review but for this movie I will. The Devil All the Time by Donald Ray Pollock is a haunting, twisted story with many complex characters which is what makes the book so interesting because you don't know what they'll do next. Sadly, in the movie, directed by Antonio Campos, the plot is jumbled and the characters' subtext is thrown out almost all together. While I suppose this is to make the movie more mysterious and slow burn, it doesn't work for me. On the other hand the acting was phenomenal! Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson, and Bill Skarsgård took the cake for me. They're performances were hands down the best part of this movie. I could barely take my eyes off the screen during their scenes. Overall, the movie's plot was poorly put together and script could use some work (I do like that they used some dialogue from the book) but the acting was phenomenal and the cast did a great job with what they had.
70 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Creepy story that sticks with you with an excellent cast
trinaboice19 September 2020
IN A NUTSHELL: Netflix presents a new film directed by Antonio Campos based on the gothic crime novel also called The Devil All the Time. What's cool is that the movie is narrated by Donald Ray Pollock, the author of the book! Knockemstiff is a town featured in the movie that you'd swear was a made-up name, but it"s a real place where Pollack grew up. The movie is produced by Jake Gyllenhaal, which makes sense because the characters sort of feel like characters Jake has played in some of his former movies. Speaking of the cast, that's why you want to watch this movie. It's like attending an acting class. That being said, it's a bleak and gruesome movie that features the ugliness of twisted people. This is NOT a family-friendly film, nor one you want to watch with your grandma.

TIPS FOR PARENTS: Gory, bloody scene of a man on a cross A disgusting scene with a bunch of spiders. EEK! Yes, they used real spiders. A kid gets a black eye from a fight (we don't see the fight) Suicide, deaths Bloody murders Two awkward car scenes that imply sexual encounters Profanity, including several F-bombs You see a woman in just her bra, then topless You see a naked man full-frontal

THEMES: Gossip Faith/religion Standing up for yourself and others Deception The lives we touch

THINGS I LIKED: Robert Pattison has been cranking out a lot of exceptional performances lately. Recently, he starred in Tenet and last year The Lighthouse. He uses an interesting voice for his character in this film, something he loves to do. He has stated before that he feels like a fake if he sounds like his regular voice. In fact, he wouldn't let anyone hear the voice he was going to use until the first day of filming. The Amazing Spider-Man fans will love seeing Tom Holland in this. You'll be impressed by how Peter Parker disappears and a new character emerges, as Tom Holland uses his physicality to completely change his persona. Be patient...he doesn't actually show up in the movie until 46 minutes in. Marvel fans will also enjoy seeing Sebastian Stan, although you might not recognize him. The MCU represents well in this movie. Strong production values All of the female actresses were great and did a lot with the small roles they were given. Kudos to Haley Bennett, Mia Wasikowska, Eliza Scanlen, and Kristin Griffith. The scenes were shot on 35 mm film, which is rare for a Netflix movie. Jason Clarke was good, but we've seen him be this kind of character before.

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE: When people today see religion portrayed like this in movies, it's no wonder they want nothing to do with Christianity. Like horror movies, the characters are clueless and don't see what should be obvious. Most of the characters are all the same age so there's not a wide range. With a title like The Devil All the Time, you can bet that there are some extremely dark moments you'll wish you didn't see. Time is supposed to pass, but the characters don't really age. The story jumps forward and backward in time, which could make it difficult for some viewers to follow.

You can see the rest of my review on my Movie Review Mom channel!
42 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Good Movie from Netflix
WhatcanyaDo21 October 2020
Mean, cruel, and unflinching, Devil All the Time is indeed a highly depressing movie. It's also one I couldn't look away from. It's full of misery, loss, and irredeemable characters placed against a southern gothic background. Tom Holland's portrayal of a good man whose actions send him on a cascade of increasingly worsening situations is at the heart of this well-made flick. Good pick for an evening's entertainment if you're a Netflix subscriber.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A terrific cast that deserves a better script.
Ethan194516 September 2020
First things first, The Devil All the Time undoubtedly has the cast of the year. Tom Holland proves himself as a legitimate actor worthy of awards recognition and Robert Pattison makes the most of his limited screentime to create a truly chilling antagonist. The supporting players also shine with Riley Keough, Sebastian Stan, and Eliza Scanlen also delivering great performances.

However, outside of the performances there is very little to say about Devil All the Time that is positive. Antonio Campos's script bites off more than it can chew, with themes of religious fanaticism, generational trauma, and the nature of violence popping up on multiple occasions. But the film has so many topics it wants to explore that none of them end up being fleshed out in any satisfying way, leaving the audience with a bunch of half-baked ideas and a sense of emptiness,

Perhaps this would have worked better as a miniseries with a slow burn or as a shorter film with less characters and subplots. But in its final form The Devil All the Time is a watchable but forgettable experience that won't leave anyone hungry for more.
100 out of 160 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In a star-studded cast, centre stage belongs to Tom Holland
harry_tk_yung24 September 2020
Tom Holland, the ultimate star and protagonist of the movie, appears only after the first 45 minutes. This 140-minute movie should have been a mini-series (someone may still make one, for all I know). As well, the brilliant support Robert Pattison appears only after Holland does. But then, the 45 minutes of "prelude" is comprised of no less than 3 separate stories, each good enough to become a separate movie. They are, of course, inter-connected in one way or another.

Story One. Vietnam veteran Willard (Bill Skarsgard) comes home with PTSD. While his pious mother wants him to marry Helen (Mia Wasikowska), he falls for Charlotte (Haley Bennett) at first sight. Their son Alvin (Tom Holland, and Michael Banks Repeta at age 9) losses both parents before puberty. After Willard's desperate prayers and sacrifice (killing Alvin's favourite family dog) fails to save Charlotte from cancer, he commits suicide.

Helen is the link to Story Two, which sees her married to mentally disturbed preacher Roy (Harry Melling), with whom she has a daughter Lanore (Eliza Scanlen). In a crazy moment, he takes Helen into the woods, stabs her to death, then asks The Lord to resurrect her. Like Will he dies too but not by suicide. The way he meets his death links to the third story. Lanore, just like Roy, becomes an orphan, losing both parents at the same time.

Story Three, a minor subplot in itself, is about a pair of criminals Carl (Jason Clarke) and Sandy (Riley Keough) whose business is in conning victims into compromising photos with Sandy, scantily attired or not at all. Roy is one of the victims. Another character in this arc is Lee (Sebastian Stan), Sandy's brother, a corrupt cop.

Remember: at this point, you have only seen 45 minutes of this 140-minute movie. Already, there are three stories each can legitimately claim a movie of its own. Arguably, what I have disclosed hitherto should not be labelled "spoilers".

The main story, as you surmise by now, is between Alvin and Lenora. There is a third, a preacher called Preston (Robert Pattison), who is charismatic like Roy but mentally sound, if devious.

Let me back up a little, and keep this as spoiler free as possible. After the opening 45 minutes, there is another brief prelude, set in 1957, just after the two children have separately become orphans. Alvin is taken into the wings of his uncle where he meets Lenora, a "step sister" adopted by his uncle. While there is no blood relationship between the two, romance is not on the cards. However, Alvin loves Lenora fiercely, as a sister. In this brief prelude, we see how Alvin braves a bunch of bullies twice his size in protecting Lenora.

Finally, we move to the main movie, in 1965, with a proliferation of period pop music throughout as background. Our two protagonists are now teenagers. The early part of the "main movie" runs parallel with development of the dark side in Alvin's character and Preston's cunning lustful scheme with Lenora as prey. I'll stop here before treading into spoiler territory. Suffices to say that usual elements of lust, pregnancy, violence, vengeance, confrontation, and body counts come in abundance, with poetic justice to boot.

This movie is a gutsy revelation of festering corruption (in more ways than one) under the serene pastoral surface of the Heartlands. Both the subject matter and the graphic visuals may be too much for some. Those who can stomach it will be rewarded with the enjoyment of some fine acting.

As mentioned, the cast is star-studded. With no gender discrimination, but reference only to this movie, the heavy-lifting is mainly by the men, and hence a heavy-weight male cast. Skarsgard, Melling, Holland and Pattison (in order of appearance) all shine while Clarke, in a comparatively less demanding roll, is still an impressive presence. One final observation, only of interest of Avengers fans: this is a reunion of Spiderman (Holland) and Winter Soldier (Stan).
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TOM HOLLAND
paradinap17 September 2020
His performance as peter parker was very different from this. I haven't read the book yet but as I'm watching and analysing the film, it seems like he portrayed his character so well. Best movie I've seen on Netflix so far. Big clap for tom for his acting! 👏🏻
65 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"Ain't No Human Head Big Enough To Calculate Misery Like That."
snaadrsn17 October 2020
South America during the 50-60's, is there really anything more disturbing but at the same time very interesting? From the beginning I had a dark cloud in my heart, but I don't mean that's a bad thing, I love movies that move me and take me to their place. The actors in this was AMAZING, and as a proud Swedish woman I'm super impressed by Bill Skarsgård. I just feel that they rushed it a bit, this movie would do better as a mini serie. My rating is 8 just because of that rush, otherwise a clear 10.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hard to watch, but worth it
lg_kristijan775 October 2020
Pretty dark and hard to watch with all kinds of f-up characters and overly religious people.. but it is really a good movie, with good main character (great actor btw) and somewhat satisfying ending.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The story tellers art
timdinchhammonds9 October 2020
It's great to see a film written, without both eyes on the bottom line. An excellent script, well paced by an ensemble cast who all deliver their A game. Like any great film, each viewer may take a different message. I leave it to you to decide what it is but any film that makes you think after the credits roll has done its job. It's sad to think, that perhaps the only other outfit to be given funding for such a project are the Cohen brothers. We need more films like this, we deserve more films like this.
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.