It Chapter Two (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 51 items
Sex & Nudity
- We see a man's buttocks when he's getting into a bathtub naked.
- Not much nudity but a few sexual jokes are made. Richie tells a masturbation joke during his standup routine but doesn't finish it. A creepy old lady is seen with her breasts exposed twice but it's not sexual at all.
- Beverly is shown to have a sexually abusive relationship with her husband. The scene is brief and non-explicit
Violence & Gore
- The violence involves small children and often horrifying crimes.
- This movie is more violent than the first one but it's still fairly infrequent and much tamer when compared to the book as well as other horror movies. Honestly not too graphic.
- One very very brief shot of gore, the scene is very quick.
- Strong language throughout the whole film. Way more than in the first one. Over half of the profanity comes from Richie and Eddie.
- Pussy is used twice. One faint and easy to miss, the other very clear
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Beverly smokes 3 times
- Teenagers are shown smoking in a few scenes
- The losers are seen drinking during the dinner scene
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Pennywise (or IT) disguises itself as many frightening things in the movie.
- Pennywise can morph his mouth into a giant gaping mouth with layers of sharp teeth which he uses it mangle and eat his victims. This is all done with CGI but can definitely scare young kids.
- The finale is intense and involves scary imagery and loud noises
- Multiple children are killed by Pennywise on screen. They are very disturbing to watch
- EPILEPSY WARNING: This film has several scenes that use severe strobe light effects. The most intense ones happen in a pharmacy basement, in a house of mirrors, and interwoven through about half of the climax of the movie, which lasts roughly half an hour.
- The first scene is extremely disturbing. This movie is not as scary as the first one, although it is a bit more graphic
- In the beginning of the film, Beverly is seen floating with white eyes and had looked as if she was getting possessed. This may scare young kids
- Beverly is shown to have a sexually abusive relationship with her husband. He doesnt trust her when she says Mike is just a friend and hits her multiple times with a belt and she then hits him on the head with a blunt object. As she runs out the door, he screams "youre nothing without me!"
- The opening scene is extremely upsetting. It isn't as scary as it is disturbing and depressing.
- Many many jumpscares. They are usually very predictable though and not that scary, unlike in the first one.
- There is a scene later on that is super claustrophobic and intense
- There are few frightening moments but overall this movie is not that scary, especially when compared to the first one. Honestly feels like more of a comedy than it does a horror film.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene, we see Beverly almost drowning in a toilet cubicle that fills up with blood.
- Eddie gets stabbed on the side of his face (cheek) by Henry Bowers. There is some blood dripping down his face.
- A young girl is lured behind some bleachers by Pennywise. The Clown then sinks his razor sharp teeth into the girls right part of her forehead. Although the scene cuts off right after the impact. The scene can be very upsetting to some viewers. No blood is shown
- We see a zombie-like form of the late Patrick Hockstetter present Henry Bowers with a switchblade. This form also assists Henry in escaping from the psychiatric institute he has been in for 27 years.
- A child is trapped behind glass panes in a Funhouse. Pennywise violently bashes his forehead against a pane repeatedly to get to the child. As the glass cracks, Pennywise smiles to reveal his razor sharp teeth. One of the Losers is on the other side of the child, desperately trying and failing to break through the glass before Pennywise. Pennywise eventually breaks through the glass and bites the child's head. Although the contact is offscreen, blood splurts onto the glass.
- A gay couple is attacked and brutally beaten. Bones in one of the victim's bloodied face are heard cracking as he gets repeatedly punched and kicked whilst helpless on the ground. The same man is thrown over the bridge in an attempt to kill him. The man soon after falls victim to Pennywise when a large chunk of his upper body is bitten off; Pennywise is seen with the chunk in his mouth for some seconds before disappearing.
- There is quite a lot of scenes what will probably make you jump.
- Eddie is stabbed through the chest by one of Pennywise's giant spider legs. He later dies from the injury and is left in the cavern whilst the rest of the Losers Club escape.
- The Hobo/Leper from the first movie attacks adult Eddie and throws up in his face while a song plays. It's played as dark humour.
- Multiple onscreen deaths including children getting their heads bitten into by Pennywise's giant mouth. These sometimes result in blood splatters. These are not really graphic
- One form Pennywise takes is young Beverly, with her hair on fire and skin gradually decaying.
- Henry Bowers is killed when Richie throws an axe into the back of his head. The impact is offscreen but you see the results when he collapses to the ground.
- Pennywise is shrunken down to a smaller size by the Losers Club's taunts. Mike reaches into It's chest and pulls out It's heart. The rest of the losers then crush It's heart, killing It. It screams as it dies.
- Eddie stabs Henry through a shower curtain. The impact of the blade going in isn't shown and the blade is covered by the curtain. Henry is seen shortly after pulling the blade out though this part is very brief.
- Multiple bodies of dead children are seen emerging from a body of water. They are incredibly mutilated with various limbs scattered around the water. A bit graphic
- Bill shoots his younger self in the head with a Bolt Gun.
- Mike's parents are shown in a flashback burning alive. Their charred hands can be seen protruding from a door but the rest of their bodies are unseen.
- Right before Beverly leaves her old home. Pennywise appears to her in human form. He paints white paint on his face and then cuts his face with his finger nails making blood pour down his face.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Mike takes a fictitious hallucinogenic substance, called Maturn Root, given to him by the Shokopiwah tribe to allow him to see Pennywise's origins. The same character later spikes Bill it.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Early on in the film, a hate crime takes place. Two gay men are verbally then physically attacked by a group of homophobic men. One of them is beaten and is then thrown off a bridge into a river. Pennywise appears to help the man out of the water, but bites a chunk out of the man's upper torso whilst the man's boyfriend watches in terror. Both Pennywise and the victim are obscured by balloons, then mysteriously disappear.
- The final sequence involves Pennywise changing into a large spider-like creature and chasing the members of the Losers Club through an underground cavern. This could be distressing for anyone with claustrophobia or arachnophobia.
- In one scene, 2 characters go through 2 doors. In one door, a body from the torso down is running at them with blood spurting out of his torso. In the other door is at first a cute dog for a few seconds but then turns into a monster like dog which might scare some viewers (the jump-scare is unexpected)
- Eddie's death can be quite distressing, especially with Richie's reaction to it
- Near the end of the film, Pennywise takes the form of Stanley's corpse. He is folded up inside of a refrigerator, and when the losers his find him, his head roles off. It then sprouts spider legs and begins crawling around like an insect. It is a very unsettling creature that may by frightful to children.
- In order to defeat Pennywise, The Losers taunt him until he physically and mentally regresses into an infant. Mike proceeds to rip out his heart and crush it. Though Pennywise is the villain, this may still be a bit disturbing, considering that violence is being inflicted upon a baby.
- There's a scene with the Losers' Club in a chinese restaurant where when opening fortune cookies, they spell out "Guess Stanley Couldn't Cut It". After this happens, the fortune cookies being to pop open, revealing hideous monsters such as a baby head on a fly, a bat wing, and a crawling eye. In the aqaurium tank, there is a bloody, floating head shown inside. What can make this fact creepier is they're the only ones that can see it.
- Stanley commits suicide not too far into the film (maybe 20 or so minutes). You see blood dripping from his fingers when it happens and red water. Then later, after the mess with the fortune cookies, you see his body again from farther away. Both times you cant see much but you still get whats going on