Aquaslash (2019) Poster

(2019)

Curiously, Not a Film About Peeing in the Pool...
Xstal30 June 2020
... or a Danish Europop group of the 1990's duetting with a guitarist from Guns N' Roses for that matter. Might make you think twice about visiting a water park or why you just wasted 80 minutes of your precious time.
22 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and very slow
Sergiodave6 April 2020
Let me start by saying I love Horror movies, especially slasher flicks. The idea of the movie was really quite good and original, unfortunately, the script and pace of the movie were awful. On the plus side, cinemaphotography was pretty good, and the acting was a lot better than in some horror movies I've seen. The Reason I've given it 3 stars rather than 5, movie lasts 70 mins, 50 mins of it are boring.
21 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring And Appalling.. the only one slashes here was my precious time
marianabrentano14 May 2020
As I am feeling generous tonight I ll give this film 2 stars

Please avoid this

Till the last 10 minutes of the movie It looks like a cheap comedy What one was expecting comes very very late The scarce effects were ok but the acting and most of the plot was awful

All in all we have, Sex/making out/boobs/horny boys and girls 65% Drugs and alcohol 30% Horror 5%

My advice : Watch something else
15 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Urban Legend
There was an incident in our city Edinburgh of someone who put razor blades in a flume... This was about 20 years ago. it is so clouded with mystery no one knows if this was really true, or fabricated but it definately put many people off from venturing down the slide. This film brought back that childhood memory just bigger blades. Unfortunately the pace of this flick was more than questionable and there was a lot of weak points in the script... it's not a complete waste of time but with little to no character depth etc etc... it is hard to name many positives. Ah well over all it is not the worst ever!
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So very bad.
jmbwithcats29 June 2020
The entire pay off to this movie is in the trailer but they stretch it out over a third of the movie, while the first third is just pointless partying and highschool drama... I would avoid this movie... seriously... it's that bad.
9 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a slasher movie.
nch-357709 April 2020
This isn't a slasher as most of the deaths in this are from a tampered waterpark slide. This is one hour and eleven minutes of my life i will never get back.
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Embarrassing
knoxfan200812 July 2020
Everything about this movie screams "overconfidence", "obnoxiousness" and "incompetence". Not only do none of the character actions make any sense, but we don't even understand their relationships to one another. It's extremely easy to mistake one character for a different one because all of them are boring, one-dimensional tools with no believability.

Besides the atrocious acting and non-existent characters, the sound design in this movie is embarrassing. Whenever they're too lazy to actually do any sound editing, they just put public-domain-sounding ambient music over the top of the visuals. The appalling editing isn't helped by the fact that almost every shot is either way too close to the actors, or too far away. There is no spatial awareness in the film-making.

Even if you're looking for a goofy, no-brained slasher, this won't appease you at all. There's hardly any kills, and when the big set-piece happens, it's so dumb and poorly conceived that you'll just end up frustrated. The only way any conflict comes about, is from characters acting like aliens who've all received lobotomies.

Aquaslash is one of those movies made by talentless tools who think one mediocre kill is enough to base an entire movie around. Don't watch it unless you want to cringe and feel embarrassed for all involved.
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of Time
christopherbalasco14 June 2020
This may have been the worst movie I've ever seen. There was seemingly no plot or character development whatsoever, little explanation as to the motive of the killings, and I couldn't believe it was over after just barely an hour. Seemed like the movie was halfway in and they just stitched an ending onto it. Good god please don't waste your time.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a strange little oddity of a semi-slasher, I quite liked it!
Foreverisacastironmess1234 February 2021
Didn't come to much, or have that much to it, but I feel I got my money's worth, it worked well as a homage of sorts to the more weirder and obscure slasher movies of the eighties that had the really oddball gags to them, like Iced and Killer Workout! I appreciate how very long it took in getting to and building up to the point where you could say something definitely horrific happened, and it was a pretty great payoff, it's so ridiculous how much it felt like the whole point of the movie was getting people on a waterslide of gory death, everything else felt like mere slight padding in getting the movie up to that part, but again I liked something about that, it didn't play its cards right away and most of the death was saved up to one admirably drawn out and epic sequence of the most awesome looking waterslide ever becoming a sluicing people-blender after a vengeful mystery person installs crisscrossing giant blades in one of the slide's three tubes, and it was quite tense as they unwittingly went down it to their brutal swift deaths, reminded me a lot of that seventies dark thriller Rollercoaster, and there was so much blood and guts, a veritable fountains worth! And it was mostly nice and practical effects, very nice to see that kind of gruesome spectacle back in a horror movie! So I liked this quirky horror comedy but I didn't love it, I was engaged enough by it and the characters such as they were and the overall situation were set up well enough so that you could really savor the tension of the climactic bloodbath, could have been better and had a little more structure and meat on the bone so to speak but I feel it used what it had well and I was entertained and had some fun with it for what it was, not too bad, and definitely not downright terrible like a lot of the other people seemed to find it, I thought it was good little bloody romp, it was very cute, way too enjoyable to properly be called a bad movie! X 🌊 💀
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waterslide to Hell
Tweetienator15 April 2020
For certain no masterpiece or must-see, and here and there some lengths, but on the other hand Aquaslash is based on a fun idea, got some funny moments and blood, and some pretty and young guys and gals get slashed. Production is okay, cast is solid. Aquaslash = a movie to pass some time on a boring rainy Sunday afternoon with nothing else to do, or something like that.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Drowns it's potential to be a decent flick.
MikeHunt107512 April 2020
Here lies a film that obviously started out based on the myths of razors being dumped in waterslides by sickos. While more evidently it's small shaving blades that are how the myths grew, this film takes it to a much larger scale, then adds an extra hour and and half around it with a bunch of characters doing stuff before the climax.

The plot goes that a bunch of kids have graduated, and it's off to a water park with killer slides to celebrate. This and that happens and a bunch of interaction between a bunch of people and drama, drama, drama, sex, drugs, rock n roll (not very good rock tho, whoever the singer was in the band better not quit his day job) then a bit more drama, drama, drama, drugs, sex, sex, death, drama, drama, drama, Meatballs, death, death, bloodbath, wrapping up with an ending that attempts to be clever, but fails miserably.

The acting isn't that bad to be honest, it's a typical bunch of kids that are in every movie of this calibre. No need to name them. But it does become very predictable who will die first etc. There is however some odd choices of characters to introduce, making it seem like they where just added to expand the movie past it's only anticipated scenes. I can understand other reviewers saying it was boring waiting for the gory fun to begin, but meh, I wasn't bored at anytime during the movie, I just have no desire to ever watch it again now that I have.

If you're impatient and just wanna see the good bits, skip to the last ten minutes of the movie. Afterwards, you'll most likely think how unrealistic the attempt at suspence and dumb characters with no common sense makes it feel unbelievable as it throws logic and realism out the window, then be disappointed and feel no need to watch the whole thing with the terrible final 2 minutes and the even worse after-credits scene.

Overall, if the plot and synopsis interests you, it's ok for one viewing, just don't expect a masterpiece or must see cinematography, but know it's not filmed like a bad B-grade indie flick or anything, the production is pretty good.... oh, and don't expect comedy. It doesn't really have any, except for those like me who laugh at gore scenes lol.

Make up your own mind if you wanna see it or not? But you're not missing out on much if you never see it.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Aqua@ss
JShaft337 March 2021
What do you get when you take a bunch of 30-year old community college drop outs, try to pass them off as high school students and cast a bunch of females skankier than Bella Thorne and her sister? This movie. Also, I have never seen a waterpark with it's own hotel rooms inside. 2 *'s for a decent Final Destination style kill.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please Dont But or Rent This Movie
justybear9622 July 2020
Holy mother of god how does one movie screw up its premise this badly? The "killer" literally only put blades in ONE slide. ONE. I figured maybe it was going to be multiple slides with people dying all over the park. Boy was I wrong lol. It's literally an hour and 15 mins of nothing and the killer was the lamest horror villain I've seen in some time. You never get a look at the killer, his kills are god awful and again only put blades in ONE slide. I feel incredibly cheated out of my $5 I used to rent this. What a joke
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Guilty Pleasure! B-Movie with eccentric 80s flare
influxtwo14 April 2021
It's far too easy to write this off as the "worst movie you have ever seen". To me it was a guilty pleasure that I really enjoyed and reminded me of the sporty 80s horror movies, like Killer Workout, Death Spa, Sleepaway Camp, and the likes. It even uses the bright and blurry slow motion aesthetic similar of 80s and late 70's films. This is not a film to scare you or blow your mind or take seriously. It is simply a campy crime horror with a quirky plot like some kind of bizarre 80's tv movie. I would be lying if I say I did not enjoy the gory climax and the youthful plot that was Spring Breakers meets cheesy 80's horror. The acting had it's weak spots and there was stock sounds of typical stock screams that you recognize from just about any other bad movie. But the ending winks at the audience and the killer was not who I expected at all. This was a fun movie. It drags a bit on the "horror" but it is refreshing. Not scary at all. But I found it entertaining. Reading the reviews of relentless hatred towards this quite intrigued me to give it a chance, I am so glad I did. I would rather watch this than a horror film that is full of pure misery and in completely poor taste. At least this film can flaunt it's campiness and is a drawback to late 70s exploitation and eccentricities. A teen movie like 'Carrie' but with a water slide, what do you expect. A strong 6 out of 10 from me.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Had Potential Then it Didn't
Dark_Lord_Mark13 April 2020
Opening had some great style; nice serial killer type character acting then halfway through the movie it stopped and then they had some potential killings and it was not that good.

It had some real potential and then there was barely any killings. There are NO heroes in the movie. The one person that COULD have been died halfway through.

The movie was not good, and I don't think I can sit through it again.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What the hell did I just watch?!
LostFRINGE28 March 2021
One of the worst writing and acting I have ever seen! I've seen plenty of "B" movies or straight-to-DVD movies, and I've never seen such nonsensical carelessness by the whole film's cast and crew. I don't think this director knew much English as that's why the dialogue was written so terribly. No normal human talks or behaves the way every single character acted in this movie. Editing was also so lazy, I can't believe somebody was paid serious money to do this!

"Your dead father left you the whole estate." Girl turns around -- "Oh my God..." -- with a blank stare.

Guy covered in blood, screaming -- "Don't go into the slide! Something is wrong!" Another guy rolls his eyes -- "Dude relax! You need to chill..." -- jumps into the slide.
Hold on
kosmasp13 March 2021
And you thought water parks are just fun and games ... well think again! Or maybe don't! Actually do not use your brain too much while watching this movie. It's meant to be a fun wild ride (also wet yes, snicker away), with lots of blood and quite a few sexual encounters (that's what they are called right?).

So no this does not make much sense and people are literally thrown into their death, because ... well don't look for any real reason, even if there is a somewhat of a twist reveal towards the end, that you may or may not care about. It does what it says it will do - nothing more, nothing less
"Wet and Wild Ride"
Kamurai2510 March 2021
Decent watch at best, won't watch again, and can't recommend outside a Bad Movie Night.

While it is great to see young ladies pretending to be high schoolers in bikinis...it's not a unique selling point by any means.

The movie also takes far too long to establish things and get onto the actual action.

The traditional 2nd act action and 3rd act resolution is highly reduced and not satisfying for me.

For the murder mystery aspect of it, there is no character approach to finding the murderer. No cops, detectives, or gang of kids with a talking dog actively searching for the killer, the investigation isn't part of the story, it's just sort of a tacked on addition to the story.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plot elements, without the plot
imdb-202127 March 2021
Slasher movies have a lot of tropes, but usually there's some kind of story involved as well. The story in this movie is extremely thin.

I kept wondering what alternate universe this takes place in, where high school students (!!) are having sex in the park, doing drugs openly, bikini car wash (in 2018? More like a wet t-shirt contest anyway), and so on.

And the park manager and staff are clearly not meant to be running a lemonade stand, much less something like this. It stretches credulity beyond the breaking point.

You kind of know you're in trouble when they add a Wilhelm scream so early on into the movie... you just know they're going for the cliches, and they don't disappoint in that regard.

Ultimately it all boils down to one big set piece (no spoiler here, it's in the movie poster and trailer) of criss-crossed blades in the water slide. But, I mean, that's really it. There are the "killer POV" shots of some mysterious person doing other things, and preparing the slide, but it's kind of boring.

By the time anything really starts happening, even the average movie watcher has figured out the "whodunit" part. Oh, and the weird end-credit scene... what the heck was that? I wondered why, earlier in the movie, there was a totally off-kilter scene with a strange kid and his injured foot. I figured it was just sloppy writing and editing (which is a good guess, because the movie is full of that), but... that's the payoff? A stupid end-credit scene? It didn't even make sense.

Don't bother watching unless you're bored. I gave it 3 stars because I did watch it while I was bored, and the best thing I could say about it is, I did end up watching 'til the end just to see if I was right about who the mystery killer is. If you want to avoid wasting your time, I'm sure some review here has a spoiler you could read.
Not what I was expecting
stekebabman5 March 2021
Only writing this review simply because of a review by daryldemarco-752-177177...I read that someone 'tampered' with a flume in your pool..exactly same thing happened to our local flume slide,and about same time 20 years ago now..had whole place closed and rebuilt..some strange sicko's about really is ! As for the film don't be expecting no major gore here,couple of scenes are I'd say look away if squeamish..I watched it with my 12 year old and they didn't say it was bad or frightened them ! I've given it 5 stars because of acting alone,maybe would have gone to 6 or 7 if it had contained a stronger story line or actual kills that were different,but overall a decent movie,guess I'm just hard to please when it comes to horror/thriller movies ! LOL Definitely worth watching though if you haven't seen before.
Great slasher movie
natcalgary14 April 2020
Without the slash.

majority of deaths are kind of weak. only 1 real good slash scene. zero character development.

that being said... because the acting was pretty good and the cinematography was well above average and they kept is pretty short.. i will be generous with my rating

5.2
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A new level of bad
greg-295359 March 2021
I'm always confused when I see a movie this bad and try to figure out how it got made? Who would actually put up even a dollar toward making this absolute turd of a movie? Somebody should make a movie about how bad movies get made.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It Has a Fun 80s Slasher Feel
leidilat22 February 2021
I watched this movie last night at 2am and thought it was a pretty fun slasher movie. Unlike most B movies I was impressed by the director and at moments found myself thinking wow, that was a good shot or I liked that angle. Some of the actors were good and some just ok. I definitely would recommend this to anyone who loves watching late night B horror like myself.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Discopath Director Returns
mungflesh31 August 2020
I saw this on the digital FrightFest screening and enjoyed it a lot.

It's an absolute mess of a film and yes, the gore is left a bit too late in the day but the movie is completely crazy and quite fun.

It has a vibe of Aja's Piranha 3D but is no where near as well made; that didn't stop me enjoying it for what it is.

If you're a fan of Troma or 80's slasher movies, this might work for you but just leave your brain at the door.
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent Throwback
amdalltheway21 April 2020
Feels like the late 80's films. Camp Crystal lake water park....
2 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.