Chaplin also makes an appearance in a viewing of 'Modern Times' for the elite of Gotham City whilst the city is blazing outside by riots.
- When Arthur leaves his job after being fired, he says in a sarcastic and somewhat angry manner, "I forgot to punch out." and proceeds to literally punch the clock off the wall a few times, seemingly without a problem. The clock was much larger and heavier than the average clock, and yet, he was able to practically destroy it with one hand.
- When Arthur visits Wayne property and gets confronted by Alfred Pennyworth, Alfred insults him which prompts Arthur to grab him through the gates and strangle him until he stops for Bruce's sake. Alfred's shocked and frightened expression shows how strong and durable Arthur is.
- When Arthur kills Randall at his apartment, he slashes and stabs him in the throat, stabs him in the eye, and bashes his head into the wall several times. Despite Randall being a physically bigger man, Arthur was able to grab him and do major damage to him.
- Both characters endured a lifetime of abuse and trauma that resulted in their mental illnesses and social awkwardness.
- Both have overbearing, unreliable, and manipulative mothers; both are eventually driven to kill their mothers.
- Both are often mocked and bullied by other people; at the end of the movies both are invited to special events only to be publicly humiliated.
- Both eventually snap and unleash violence on the public due to being publicly humiliated and the build-up of a lifetime of hurt.
- Both ultimately left a devastating impact for better or worse.