Chaplin also makes an appearance in a viewing of 'Modern Times' for the elite of Gotham City whilst the city is blazing outside by riots.
- When Arthur leaves his job after being fired, he says in a sarcastic and somewhat angry manner, "Oops. I forgot to punch out!" and proceeds to literally punch the clock off the wall a few times, seemingly without a problem. The clock was much larger and heavier than the average clock, yet he was able to destroy it with one hand.
- When Arthur visits the Wayne estate and gets confronted by Alfred Pennyworth, Alfred insults him at one point which prompts him to grab him through the gates and strangle him until he lets go for Bruce's sake. Alfred's shocked and frightened expression shows how strong and durable Arthur is.
- When Arthur kills Randall, he stabs him in the eye and throat and bashes his head into the wall several times. Despite Randall being a physically bigger man, Arthur was able to grab him and do major damage to him.
- Both characters endured a lifetime of abuse and trauma that resulted in their mental illnesses and social awkwardness.
- Both have abusive, overbearing, unreliable, and manipulative mothers.
- Both are often mocked and bullied by other people.
- Both are eventually driven to kill their abusive mothers.
- Toward the end of both movies, both characters are invited to special events only to be publicly humiliated.
- Both eventually snap and unleash violence on the public due to being publicly humiliated and the build-up of a lifetime of hurt.
- Both ultimately left a devastating impact, for better or worse.