#Followme (2019) Poster

(2019)

Drinking Game!
glfreebush-2382224 August 2019
If you want to get completely messed up, take a drink every time someone says "literally" or "actually"

You will literally actually be drunk AF about 5 minutes into the film and literally actually comatose about 30 minutes in.

The scriptwriter needs to find another job. Literally.
20 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The voices are unbearable
andrewmcl83-170-76441625 August 2019
If you want to watch 3 plastic British women around 30 yrs old running around California with THE most obnoxious voices still trying to act like they are 16, this movie is for you. If you want ANY substance or scare or even 2 seconds without high pitch squeeling voices that cause a migraine after 15 minutes this is NOT for you
23 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Annoying!!!
midnightz_1322 August 2019
Honestly, after 5 minutes I was actually rooting for any murderer that might show up. Possibly the most irritating performances in a horror movie I've ever seen. "Yeah baaaaabe"

I gave it 2 stars for the LA scenery. Didn't get past 20 minutes before wanting to rip my own ears off and stuff them in my eyes
19 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unfollow! unfollow!
BtzLtd4 August 2019
Three loud, irritating women take a trip to california. they act inappropriately and rudely, and somehow no one likes them. eventually people start messing with them. theres a very loose wrap-up toward the end, the women realize the psycho killer has been stalking them via social media because of a popular hashtag. oh wait, the hashtag is the title of the movie. wow. this could have, more simply and effectively, been a cautionary tale about carrying a camera around all the time and acting like a vapid moron. its truly terrible, not recommended
15 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fast forward an hour
queeroid21 September 2019
A few annoying women on vacation meet a couple of annoying men who turn them all obnoxious. The vlogger complains. There might be a pregnancy. A cowboy changes a tire. Tears.

Then, about 1 hour and 13 minutes in, the movie starts.

There's no buildup of tension (unless you consider "scary" notes telling you to drive carefully and text messages of random numbers to be tense), nothing really interesting about the characters (unless being engaged is a trait now?); it's just you, the viewer, stuck on a vacation you don't want to be on with people you don't want to be on vacation with. Though, there _are_ choice lines like: "This literally can't get any worse," right before she finds her dead friend. And, of course, "Don't stop filming. Whatever you do, keep filming. The camera is our lifeline right now!"

And, my god, the epilogue. "#JusticeForSophie ... The FBI believe that the killer could be one of Sophie's two million subscribers."

It's too ridiculous to even laugh at. But just for good measure, they tacked on a post-credits scene which entirely consists of one of the women waking up in an unburied coffin and screaming for a few seconds.

Honestly, I'd roll my eyes, but I'm too busy yawning.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Scare-free Slog
longview-7763110 July 2019
I see lots of good reviews for #FollowMe that I don't understand at all. This isn't a horror, or a slasher, or a thriller. It's a bad drama full of unlikeable characters. Three shallow, vapid, and gorgeous British women take a trip to California. Things don't go great, they fight amongst themselves, and then they all get murdered. No tension or scares until the last ten minutes, and by that point you're so sick of the characters you kind of root for the anonymous, unexplained killer. 2/10; it gets one point for the attractiveness of the cast.
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wasteful
brucemarko1 September 2019
Sure wish I could get the hour and an half back that I wasted watching this disaster. If the ladies weren't attractive, I'm sure most would rate even lower!
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hurry up and Kill Them
ihateleafs5 June 2019
After 4 minutes, I was cheering for the girls to die. Annoying doesn't begin to describe their incessant yapping about nothing. Too bad it took so long for them to meet their fate, as I was really cheering for the killer from the onset. Complete trash. Avoid!
36 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall bad
survivaltodayy18 September 2019
This should have been a short movie and not a whole full-lenght movie. The characters are shallow and annoying and make you wish they would die faster. The ending is the the best part of the movie although it is far too short and over too fast. Overall i wouldn't recommend it.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure garbage
sianmaypalmer2 September 2019
I felt like switching this film off after 10 minutes because the acting was so bad. The girls were annoying and I'm thankful I slept through some of it until the end where it picks up slightly.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible, time I'll never get back...
luap_uk24 August 2019
Simple plot following the holiday of 3 friends, 2 of which are more than annoying... Throw in a late seriel killer zodiac rip off vibe and you can see where this is going. Got bored half way through and the acting is just as bad, only real motivation to watch to the end was to see if there was a twist to have made it worth it.
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So boring.
crawl2726 October 2019
There is no way that she had 2 million subscribers on YouTube who would watch her at all.

I spent the whole movie just wishing they could die already and I was so bored I actually missed the first death.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Obnoxious vapid chicks should get murdered faster
TerribleKatherine3 February 2020
Seeing and listening to the three girls is a nightmare. By 10 minute mark you are praying someone would kill them very fast, because you just cannot take them anymore. Horrible bs.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst horror films, that I have had the displeasure to watch.
clogan-3179014 July 2019
Were do you start with attempting to disect a film that is this bad? Well, lets first get a major possible bias out of the way. I am a fan of found-footage horror movies, even loving the more controversial entries like ''The Visit.'' This however is the major flaw of this film, the handheld footage is of such high quality that it adds nothing but to the tacky feeling of this film.

One of the most aggresious problems with this film, was the way that it seemed to be obssesed with attempting to throw in every horror trope in the book. Creepy traditional looking guy, important news story ignored in the background, flat tyres. motels, spooky face in the dark, utterly idiotic decisions made by victims in chase scenes, creepy MGTOW looking guy that has issues with women.

As for the characters, well the obnoxious, histronic blonde that sounded like she was from Chelsea in London, was one of the most dislikable characters that I have ever seen in a horror film. Now, horror films are known for sometimes have annoying teenage boys and girls but this woman took it to a whole new level. At around 30 minutes into the film, the amount of schreeching and screaming she was doing close to the handheld camera, was forcing me to consider closing down this film, as my ears were expericing physical pain.

I gave this film two starts purely because of the latter 20 or 30 so minutes, were it finally became a horror film, even if a slightly below average one at the very best. They did nothing interesting with the background of the killer however, which just screamed lazy. The chase scene was filled with one facepalm after another and was mildy scary at best.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OMG Kill them already!
thatsgottahurt-14 December 2019
16 min in and all I could think of is how horrible it would be to spend any time in the presence of these empty headed fools. The constant screaming drivel spouted by the trio detracts from whatever story there is and serves to annoy. This film is a great example of all that is wrong with the "YouTube Generation".
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can you give me back the time I wasted.
c_mazza_p9 June 2019
I feel sorry for anyone that has seen this movie.. worst acting, awful plot. This movie should have never been thought up
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
#dumb
andrea70-609-72587211 June 2019
Boring from the start...I love found video horror movies, but this was dreadful to watch. Bad acting, just all round a bad movie!
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whole lot of nothing
lano_star12 June 2019
This is the first review I've ever written and I needed to illustrate how poor this movie is.

The runtime in around 88 minutes and nothing happens until the 70 minute mark. Just some women being obnoxious in LA.

The characters have no redeeming features except they're good looking.

The story is dull, pointless and in parts nonsensical.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most pointless drivel ever conceived
brendenclarke-206-18217318 August 2019
The "plot" in this movie made absolutely no sense, and provided zero suspense throughout until superfluous "frights" that happened in the last 10 minutes or so. Watching vapid, non-dimensional characters was excruciating to the point that the viewer was just praying for their death to be relieved of the misery of partaking in their inane, soul-draining dialogue. Utter garbage without a second of interest or intrigue in the characters' stories whatsoever. Please don't bother with ever trying to tell any story pertaining to anything ever again: writer, acting personnel, and anyone involved with this utter crap of a film.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shocking
malcolm-cooke5 June 2019
This movie is horrendous, Terrible script , Terrible acting. I pray that I never watch another movie with these women in it.
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
bad movie
lifelinespublishing5 June 2019
The start and middle was really boring and nothing to digest about...it is in the last 20-30 minutes where they were being stalked and eventually killed that made me give it 3 stars....not worth watching, find something else to watch....anything really!
14 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible acting and story
mlbit16 June 2019
The worst thibg about this film is The three main women. They have this horrible sickly whiney voices .From the beginning of this so calked found footage crapfest I was praying for then to be dispatched quickly. Its worse (if this us possible) than an episode of the only way is Essex but even more irritating. I'm ashamed to be British when i see rubbish like this.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
windsorenquirer5 June 2019
The whole movie is made with HD handheld camera - found footage type of a movie. Not extremely shaky, the picture is good but the movie is really boring and unwatchable.
21 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
antharris-084217 June 2019
I really shouldn't knock low budget films as its a stepping stone but this just dragged and dragged could of made this a very good short film. The girls was just too much and then when it got to the good part it was over.
17 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bilge of the highest order.
jackstupidjack5 October 2020
The only thing which saves this dross is that the three annoying characters, are all pretty fine looking ladies, that you can't wait for them to be done away with after five minutes of this pap, sort of detracts from any titillation which may be derived from their good looks. This sort of clumsy garbage, does the Found Footage genre no favours at all. The film is clunky, the dialogue dire, not to mention, downright annoying, Seriously, the makers wanted to portray Sophy as a 'You Tube Star'' with over 2 million followers,ignoring the fact that more than half of those subscribers would probably hit the 'unsubscribe' button less than 30 seconds into one of her dire, vapid vlogs, especially with the other two squawking harpies in them. There is no build in any tension, not even sinister figure watching them from afar, then for no apparent reason, some random 'psycho' comes along,offs them for absolutely no apparent reason. Had the writer have had any imagination, they could have made it interesting by having the pregnant one, in league with the killer, but that twist might have salvaged the film, meaning there may have been a sequel, or the producers may have made another film, so I guess that is no bad thing. Possibly one of the clunkiest bits of drivel ever put to video tape. please never allow the production team, especially the cast, writers and directors near a camera again. utter bilge from start to end. Do yourself a favour and roll on by this nonsense. I wish I had....
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.