Wake Up (2019) Poster

(II) (2019)

Wake up, the movie's over
aldiboronti9 November 2019
My compliments to anyone who managed to stay awake for the whole film. My sympathies too. The movie is so badly acted, so cheaply made and so boring that most people will be gently snoring 20 minutes in. At least that way they can avoid having to endure this mess. An example of its low budget: when the doctor is in the hospital we see a sign on the wall, Ward C. You can tell it's made of paper or card and has simply been stuck on the wall. OK, i know it must be hard making movies on a minuscule budget but seriously,, guys? As for the acting .... wooden? We're talking IKEA here. The summation is by all means watch it but don't expect to stay awake.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ultra low budget
hampersnow-289059 November 2019
I have to admit I only made it through about 12 minutes of this movie. I can enjoy low budget if it's at least well filmed or can keep me interested but this is low budget on a level of let's use friends and relatives and a neighbors house and an old camera i bought at the flea market to film this unimaginative script I wrote last weekend. When you get every element of a film wrong , why bother ? The opening sequences of the film are so poorly done, so poorly shot and acted that I had no hope it could get better. Even the opening titles looked cheap and amateurish. In 2019 I guess everyone thinks they are a film maker.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A weird, occasionally taboo horror thriller...
Mack Lambert28 March 2019
A psychiatrist is studying the diary of a girl who murdered her family, and would later end up committing suicide. The longer he reads the journal for his report, the more paranoid and insane he becomes. It reaches a climax where doctor's state of mind will affect more people than he realizes.

I saw this as my local mom and pop theater in Buffalo, and I enjoyed it. I appreciated the hints of Lovecraftian elements (a person going insane while reading something they weren't supposed to). The opening sequence was suspenseful, and well edited. The only put off was a blatant display of incest, which struck me as shock for the sake of shock. Also, the sound editing was off with the music overpowering the dialogue at points.

Other than that, this is a good movie, plain and simple. Support indie horror, and give this film a look.
8 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7th grade school project?
ferdmalenfant9 November 2019
This movie is laughable but not funny, nor is it scary. It's crappy as can be. The acting is so bad and mechanical it's as if the cast members are all robots. Everything about this movie is bad, the acting, script, direction, editing... A terrible attempt at making a film. Extremely low budget.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Put me to sleep ...!
seasidesaffa13 November 2019
I get it that Movies have budgets, but this one just feels like the shoestring wasn't enough - as another reviewer has also remarked on. Dialogue was not great, with pauses where there should be none - editing not great either ... There was also no depth to any of the characters ... Just disappointing overall.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Couldn't get past the first 5 minutes
katiemhorses9 August 2020
The acting and dialogue is so awful and unrealistic I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes. Everytime they opened their mouths I cringed so hard.
Not scary
sgombio7 April 2020
This is not scary at all. Awful acting.The storyline would've been good if only the "scary" effect were better.
Hard to watch
nicoleheckroth29 March 2020
I wasn't even into the movie 10 minutes and couldn't bare to watch any more. That's not because it's too scary or gory either, I love horror films. This movie is just bad, with poor movie quality and bad acting!
CRAP.
cameron-8341910 November 2019
Well there´s 1,5 hours of my life that i will never get back. Sorry folks, but this movie s*cked big time. Such bad acting (especially from Traci L Newman). THIS MOVIE IS REALLY BAD.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WTF
aldahbor21 November 2019
I have to admit i slept while watching the movie, because it's completely waste of time, who wrote? what is the main point of this movie?????????
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
She strangled herself
nogodnomasters13 October 2019
Fifteen-year-old Molly Marie Goldman (Kelly Frances Fischer) keeps a diary and has cursed anyone who reads it. Not exactly sure how that works. She has bad vivid nightmares. When her brother comes home from the service, she kills all of her family and their dog too. Her doctor read her diary and the film picks up at his funeral as the diary is handed over to Philip (Scott Broughton) who suddenly has issues.

I liked the characters especially the smart-alec Charlotte Tanner (Traci L. Newman) who came across in a realistic manner. The story was a cut above but lacked a reason for the curse, to begin with, i.e. why did Molly have bad dreams?

Guide: F-word. Brief sex. No nudity.
3 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't go here
ryback-8522012 November 2019
One of the worst movies I've ever seen. The acting was atrocious, script and story dreadful and effects just as poor. I would advise anyone who likes to be entertained watching a movie to run a mile because this is absolute drivel!
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not so bad
jcroak-1817411 April 2020
This isn't the best movie, but it wasn't so bad. They could have done more with it, but I think it was okay. The thing that gets me is all the reviews that hated it and saying that they fell asleep. It was 1 hour and 17 minutes and they could stay awake that is pretty hard to believe. It's not great, but it was interesting and I wish they had added more to it, they had time to spare.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just ... Amazing!!
cam-4671830 November 2019
We became intrigued with this movie after reading a bitter/ childish review and decided to watch it. ... and our conclusion is that the movie is Just Amazing!

It is not a typical "scary movie", where the only highlight is "terrifying" effects without any thought or meaningful idea. "Wake Up" has all elements of the classic story telling of the American life and how it can be devastated by the unfortunate real life circumstances. The plot is simply captivating. It keeps you on the edge of your seat till the very last moment. A charming professional family with a beautiful young daughter became unfortunate victims while trying to be of help to others. The elements of human grief, terror, humor, and sarcasm are mingled into an entrancing, fascinating story!
0 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.