Seized (2020) Poster

(2020)

Typical B-grade Adkins flick
Top_Dawg_Critic13 October 2020
Nothing we haven't seen before in a typical Adkins action flick. Mario Van Peebles was a refreshing up-tone to an otherwise bland story. Aside from the two leads, all other cast seemed like amateur actors. Action scenes were decent, directing was good, and cinematography was on point. If you're an Adkins fan as I am, you'll get through it with some sort of enjoyment. It's a 6/10 from me.
26 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor Scott
hampersnow-2890515 October 2020
It seems like Scott Adkins has a movie out about every 3 or 4 months, so congratulations to him for being so busy, but maybe he needs to be a bit more discerning about what he agrees to star in. Only about 50% of his films are worth watching nowadays and this is one of the completely forgettable ones. While he is decent in the title role, this movie's plot is so simplistic it really is just lightweight Adkins. Mario Van Peebles adds a little spice to the film and Karlee Perez is used as little more then scenery, but most of the cast just stands around. There are guns, there are fights, it's like some generic drug cartel film with cliched characters you will feel nothing for. Worst of all is the casting of the young actor as Scott's son in the film who will have you asking "Does he really seem like he could be the son of Scott Adkin's?" The film just doesn't work on so many levels, and as soon as you finish watching it , you'll forget you ever saw it. As much as I enjoy his films, he needs better roles, not even he can save this dud.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent movie
JCinHB13 October 2020
No spoilers, just a decent shoot em' up / kick rear end action movies. Decent quality for a low/medium budget movie.

If you like Scott Adkins, you will like this movie. Spend 1 1/2 hours and enjoy.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I enjoyed it
kmathews122 October 2020
If you like Scott, then you know how all is films are. The fight scenes are awesome and always on point and for that I gave him 5 stars. The acting is okay but I Like Scott so I'm okay with it. Got me to forget about life for a few hours and for that I thank the cast and crew
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We've seen it all before but entertaining
angusking-3999814 October 2020
Our hero, Nero, possesses very special skills. His son is kidnapped and in order to save him he is forced to go on a killing spree. Yes, it's 'Taken' once again, with some variations. It plays out (probably intentionally) like a computer game. The dialogue can sometimes be cartoonishly clunky. Exciting at times, it did succeed in holding onto this viewer until the end. Ok but quickly forgotten.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Straight down the middle
ravencorinncarluk19 October 2020
I pretty much know what to expect with most Scott Adkins movies, and this was exactly that. Decent actions sequences, cliche plot.

Mario van Peebles was fun to see, and he really chewed up the scenery in a pleasant way.

This movie exists, and it can kill some time, but it's neither memorable nor something that has to be seen.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What the hell happened to Scott Adkins and Issac Florentine ?
phanthinga27 October 2020
After the lackluster Close Range back in 2015, I kinda hope that Seized would be a good comeback from the dream team of DVT action movie Scott Adkins and Issac Florentine but I guess 2020 is the year that nothing good can come out of it because this is one again a low effort action schlock from these guys and I cannot be any more disappointed in it. It definitely not the worst movie Scott has made this year because that spot still belongs to Legacy of Lies but it also far from some of his good ones. I actually really enjoyed Mario Van Peebles performance in this movie when he is the only one bring so much energy to this movie and some of the fight scenes although not as polished as Ninja 2, Undisputed 2&3 or had any fight that stands out from the rest they're still quite fun to watch, yet I can really say the same about the shallow characters and the tragic short runtime.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well worth seeing
Abdulxoxo13 October 2020
The pacing is good. The storyline is predictable but it doesn't stop it from being entertaining. Scott Adkins does what he does best - fight off bad guys. Mario VP seemed to be having fun. The action sequences are nicely done. Just good performances all around.
8 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seized. Scott Adkins best action movie this Year so far.
aryan-kazzaz16 October 2020
Being a Scott Adkins fan and also like the collabaration with director Isaac Florentine i ve was really looking forward to see this movie.

I really enjoyed Seized. Lots of action and some great right scènes. So in my opinion this is Scott Adkins's best action movie from 2020.

Don t onderstand the low score . If You are looking for a decent action movie with some good martial arts than You Will be satisfied fore sure. Big up Isaac Florentine and Scott Adkins
10 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If it wasn't for...
ariabdulla18 October 2020
When Issac and scott reunite, they will never disappoint fans. Scott, the most complete action star, kicked ass as always. fight scenes were good. And above all of that, mario's amazing performances. the only thing I didn't like about this movie was camera works, this has been issac's main problem after his Undisputed films. He should work with better cinematographers.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh
traffic-8519520 January 2021
When even the action scenes are boring and predictable, it's hard to enjoy a movie. I believe that 80% of this films budget went up some noses. Wouldn't waste your time with it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should Have Been SIEZED And Thrown On The Rubbish Tip!
silicontourist10 January 2021
Scott Adkins is the only reason you will likely bother to watch this film. Alas! That's all you get because everything is just so tedious about this production. You get less than 10 minutes martial arts action from him throughout the entire film; he seems to use guns more and more in his film churn outs these days.. Mario Van Peebles has never - IMHO - been a good actor other than a support role fill in. His role is that here but his character is so annoying and fake that I just wanted him killed off in the first 30 minutes or so!

Sadly, as I have mentioned before, Scott is just going down the Steven Segal road by releasing 3 films a year and, all have nothing different about them except for the film locations. At least Segal uses his to get over some sort of important environmental or political message. Adkins could have used this outing to say something about how bad drugs and those involved with distribution are to the world. 4 Rubbish film for me and I would have given a -5 if it was possible to do so here at IMDb.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Average
rudygerst13 December 2020
Usually, Florentine/Adkins movies have few substance but at least some style, fun and characters. This one has nothing really interesting. Annoying characters, forgettable plot, boring gunfights, no real style, no recycled music...

I don't even know what to say. I'm not angry, I'm not happy. The movie was totally neutral.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
another movie!
videosfriend13 October 2020
The story was like hundreds of other movies, and It was a cliche. Scott was as good as always, but he once again hurried in choosing his work! The combat scene is OK, and I gave the movie 5/10 because of it.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nonsense
robborockstar20 May 2021
Scott adkins hasn't done a decent movie since avengement. His last few efforts have been pathetic and this is up there with the poorest of the poor. Mexican cartels have more firepower than some armies . But adkins punches his way through. Don't bother.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's no Avengement but action is decent
andymorton-8290930 March 2021
Having watched most of Scott's movies to date, this is worth a watch for the classic kicks and punches at least. Its no Avengement or undisputed but some good action scenes none the less.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If all you want is fighting on screen, then watch this on mute
leesimon-2635717 February 2021
If I were to score this movie with the sound on, it would be closer to 2 or 3. The story itself is not completely stupid, but the way this movie goes about telling it is profoundly dumb. The characters are very one-note and flat, including the "tough guy with a heart of gold, who can fight like the best black-belt master." Having said that, the fighting isn't bad. I'd see this again on mute, while listening to my favorite "Trap Nation" mix. If I had to watch it again with sound, I'd pass on the experience.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
ugh another classic story no suprise
lord_cw9 January 2021
Entertainment, over and over same storyline. The acting is oke but so old school. So much potential in the movie but so they did it short cut. I can say overused movie story plus classic characters makes it so normal. A-rate movie, but lose the accent. 4/10
Dont waste your time
abbassmekkawee28 October 2020
As a movies lover , i dont recommend this type of movies that can not do the well act , in addition to fake act
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheap John Wick
danielcereto26 October 2020
This movie is a cheap version of John Wick's action scenes. A forgettable script will make fans of action have a good time. Others, probably should go for the original John Wick instead. So, overall a good action B movie if you like to watch the same Adkins movie over and over again. I'm in.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Commando rip off but a cool one.
lgalbraith-2772914 October 2020
Well made scott on top form good action if you scott adkins fan you will enjoy.
2 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Laughable garbage
fluffchop10 May 2021
Bad acting, bad plot, uninteresting and painful to watch.
Good solid action flick
rchevalier-3730322 January 2021
Nice change to see Adkins in the role of the good guy instead of the second banana bad guy. He's as capable an action hero as any of his predecessors. Van Peebles brings more depth to the bad guy than one would normally find in this kind of movie where the bad guy is flat and tedious. Film is somewhat reminiscent of early Norris films which were good at what they were and so was this.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really?! What movie did you all watch?
islandgirlyacht19 January 2021
Rediculous... By everyone... Guess the winning line is... If you wanna be the "jeffy".... None of these people can act
A NON-STOP THRILLING SLAUGHTER FEST
lukem-5276029 December 2020
Adkins is back doing what he does best & that's wiping out the bad guys in brutal ways & he's on Awesome form here as a guy named "NERO" who is raising his teenage son in a quiet part on Mexico until his son is captured & held by Gangsters until Nero completes some dangerous tasks of taking out their competition of other Cartels & only then will he get his son back safe. It's an easy setup for an action Thriller but that's fine as this is a fast & brisk 80 or so mins of cracking action, fights & shootouts as our hero with a dark past Nero flies through each mission slaughtering bad guys left right & centre. Adkins's Nero is like the Punisher here & he's Awesome & has kept his real British accent which i prefer & he's a no nonsense killing machine & what's really fun about this slick flick is that he's filming everything he does from a camera in the middle of his bulletproof vest so the Gangsters who have his son can see him carry out the brutal missions & our main villain here is Mario Van Peebles & head actually very funny & almost likable especially compared to another evil bad guy, an Ex-Spy (British) who used to work with Nero in the past but was dirty & he's a right evil dude here. Seized is a quick paced wild ride through Mexico's Cartels with Adkins moving at rapid speed & it's very entertaining especially as his last film was terrible that LEGACY OF LIES but here he's truly back on killing form & again as i watched him kick-ass all i could think is this guy is soooooooo underrated & unappreciated as an Action Star & an Action Hero Lead, i mean Adkins could be the next BATMAN or the next PUNISHER or even the next JAMES BOND!!!! Adkins is Awesome FACT. So wish Hollywood would've snapped him up by now especially considering the crap leads they've got like Brad Pitt or Sam Worthington or Jai Courtney or Tom "Cult" Cruise or Gerrard Butler among others that i find ridiculously overrated & bland. Adkins rules, keep bringing out these Cult Action films as he is the king of the DTV Action Genre