Wretch (2018) Poster

(2018)

Mediocre but not unwatchable
mikedegroot27 June 2019
Wretch is a slow-burn, psychological horror movie. The whole production is low budget and average but that doesn't really ruin the film at all. The story however is a different story. While it is kind of unique, it is also rather convoluted and confusing. I honestly believe that the creators don't even fully understand the story and were just trying to make the pieces fit together when they got to the end. Even so, it does have a few good moments and it is watchable. I've seen far worse. 4/10
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
wretched is more like it
hampersnow-2890523 June 2019
If this was suppose to be a horror movie, it was not. I couldn't even begin to tell you what this was or even what it was about. 90% of it is melodrama, and not even interesting melodrama. A small part of it is found footage type film but most of the movie is fairly low-budget cinematography. For the most part it's only 3 actors and they're pretty good considering what they have to work with, but there's nothing more here then some mystery in the woods (how many films about wooded areas do we need ?) In an effort to make it interesting the filmmakers chose to jump around a bit in the story telling, which adds nothing. There is some atmosphere here but this really is not worth the effort to watch, and I have no idea how long it actually is, but it felt 3 hours long. Since it's not horror, there are zero scares and its just a bore, you could watch it for brief snippets of female and male nudity, but believe me, it's not worth it.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!
teekieteekybirdie24 June 2019
This movie was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, no storyline, made no sense at all was just absolute utter garbage! I want that hour and a half of my life back!
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I have to disagree with the crowd
labng29 April 2021
This was a pretty moody and atmospheric movie. Wasn't the normal "young people go to the woods" horror flick. Maybe that's why people were disappointed, I'm not sure. I think the editing could have been tighter, and it as really my chief complaint. The acting was fairly good and the overall product didn't overtly suffer from what was surely a smaller budget. This was really more like a Grimms fairytale. The original stories, not the abridged versions tailored specifically for children.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A nice try
tzaghloul3 August 2019
It is a low budget movie. The movie team tried hard to give a good movie, which I do respect. Don't have high expectations and you may enjoy it
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Psychological and Mysterious
marcelladelancret21 September 2019
The acting is incredible the ending times everything together into a Blair Witch meets Paranormal Activity meets Predator.

Very interesting and worth the watch
1 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best!
layaxen9 January 2020
Great!Amazing!The best i ever see,and i saw so manny.
1 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.