Druga strana svega (2017) Poster

Realistic
silvimrl15 January 2018
Bravo for the realistic approach of the times of political turmoil in our country sitting on the Balkan's crossroads! Srbijanka is my heroine. Chapeau bas! Mila is excellent director as well. Congrats for both!
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not going to make a point on the content
highnemonkey25 April 2018
By the time I checked, there were two reviews of this title: One giving it a 1/10, criticising the use of "fictitious" or "distorted" facts in the film; the other giving it a 10/10 for the "realistic" approach. As a non-expert I will not be commenting the political content of this film, may others do it, scholars or eye witnesses. Yet it is an amazing documentary, weaving personal and historical content together into a strong storyline that is accesible at all times and moving in ways you did not expect. The director manages to tell the meta-story of Serbia while linking it to the micro-story of her mother, a way of story telling which is beautiful to watch but hard to pull of.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is needed as a different look...
The film it's a refreshing look and an insight to the anti-regime movement in the 90s. Although some of the facts were biased, as the movies protagonist was an activist against the regime it still stumbles on some very good points. Srbijanka Trajlic is the protagonist in the movie and she is offered as a very interesting character, a "defeated bourgeois" she calls herself. Let alone the political aspect of the movie, that shows us the other side of the political situation in Yugoslavia, the movie has various topics buried underneath, that are touched in very subtle ways. "The Other Side of Everything" is a refreshing look to anyone interested in the end of the Yugoslavian regime. Especially for youngsters in the Balkans, wanting to see a different approach to this topic.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
katsteciric5 October 2018
Well filmed, with actual archive footage, honest and realistic.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A complete waste of time
mladen-9425723 January 2018
A sad attempt to create a "documentary" about Serbia, being the single culprit for the recent Balkan war and the split of Yugoslavia. Most of the "facts" in this "mockumentary", were either fictitious or distorted, to say at least. For the whole 2 hours, it attempts to paint the picture of citizens of Serbia as the accomplice to their government (in alleged war crimes) for being ignorant, inert and melancholic to change the "regime". NATO was pictured as a voice of common sense that was bombing the country (under the ironic code name "merciful angel"), but failing to bring the promised democracy for which the citizens were to blame. A complete waste of time I wish I have spent doing something more meaningful.
4 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.