Real Cases of Shadow People: The Sarah McCormick Story (2019) Poster

If you were forced to watch home movies...
jacqueline-clarke2 February 2019
This entire thing was like being forced to watch your most annoying friends travel videos from their boring road trip that you had originally declined to go on for that very reason. The only catch is that you don't know these people so you can't even make fun of them behind their backs. I wish I was exaggerating. But it's almost two hours of looking out a car window. That's not a spoiler, unless you think talking about your carpool home is a spoiler.
51 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really bad
Dave_douell25 January 2019
This movie could have been made into a ten minute video and not missed a thing. The last ten minutes was the only part even worth filming. The rest is the same as me taking a video grocery shopping or to Walmart. Maybe picking out new carpet would even be better or doing laundry! The characters were pretty funny but not worth wasting my time watching. I should have listened to the other reviewers but the title said shadow people so I had to watch. Don't make the same mistake! If I had paid to see this I would really be pissed!
48 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You'd rather watch paint dry, believe me.
cenkz25 January 2019
Don't even know where to begin.. this was one of those "movies" (if you want to call it that?) where if you were to give a 10 year old a camera, he'd do a better job with a more compelling story-line.

The main characters cannot act what so ever, it is just pure dog s**t

This is just so bad, I can't even think to write this review. Please stop making movies.
60 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I rarely get this fooled
marten-hellqvist1 February 2019
Where to start... people, please look at number of reviews and not only the average rating. I got fooled this time and thought I had found a gem in the genre.

I was very wrong. Nothing happens. I have to admit that I turned it off when there was 15 minutes left and went to bed and read instead.

There is a lot of the following: Bad acting Annoying laughing Driving No plot whatsoever

Only reason it didn't get one star is that I have to make amends for getting fooled so easily.
44 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total waste of time.
paul-939-8943701 February 2019
Excruciatingly slow and anticlimactic. At times you are just watching people make bad dick and fart jokes on vacation in the southern US. There is no story or content just 3 douchbags in a car.
30 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't bother watching
antajia1 February 2019
This movie is like a 2 hour video of a youtuber's vlog. Majority of the time the characters are on the road or exploring, talking or doing things that have absolutely nothing to do with plot, with what little plot there already is. The last 10 minutes are the only interesting and scary parts but it's nowhere near worth it.
30 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SO STUPID AND BORING!
teekieteekybirdie1 February 2019
The guy in the movie makes it unbearable to watch he is SO annoying you won't be able to tolerate it, seriously, they keep talking about stupid unrelated stuff driving around on a road trip, nothing was entertaining you may as well film yourself driving to the mcdonalds and back because thats about as exciting as it gets
34 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Immature adult frat boyathon
amillsy-828806 February 2019
Had promise with the concept, but the guys in the film are so annoying and immature it really does spoil any hope this film had.

If you are into 30yr old guys acting like 12yr olds and laughing like little girls then this is the film for you.
23 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Irritating beyond words
e-jackson19851 March 2019
Today I learnt a valuable lesson....to look at the quantity of reviews and not just the average rating. The characters are absolutely intolerable and irritating beyond words. A majority of the movie is in a car talking about totally unrelated stuff in a manner that you would expect of a 12 year old. Absolutely shocking that this even got released. Utter garbage. Do yourself a favour watch a 12 year olds 2 minute vlog because that will be more entertaining than watching 2 hours of this drivel
17 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Money laundering scheme?
imrancasoojee10 February 2019
The only way I can think this ever made it out of the gates.

Surely.

Zero actual plot, zero character development (which I could forgive for the "found footage" concept) and zero redeeming qualities.

You could watch the first five minutes and the last five minutes to get the plot and the action in its entirety.

Giving this two stars because they managed to dupe me into watching this, having seen the 7+ IMDB rating. Who exactly gave it this rating, the shadow people?
22 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible and SO boring!
mjsreg1 March 2019
After the first hour I was sure that SOMETHING must be about to happen - but NOTHING did for the next 45 minutes.

How this was ever distributed in any format is beyond my comprehension. It was like watching a VERY badly shot home video shot by an very annoying moron who never shuts up.

Literally NOTHING happens.

This isn't worth watching at all - not under any circumstances.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ultra Boring
trnjamesbond24 February 2019
This film has no focus. The main female star is annoying, the surrounding characters are annoying as well.

Watching this film is like watching 3 people trying to make Blair Witch without learning the basic concepts of how to build a story and how to present them on screen.

We get none of this while watching this film. The characters don't even know what they want, or it seems like they are fed lines. I am really confused as to why this film was made.

Conclusion.

Pros

Nothing.

Cons

Bad character development, bad camera work, terrible script, and just no focus. Also a real click bait style title that just rattles on way too long.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Downright Irritating
ananapum4 April 2019
I generally like bad horror movies... but this was possible the most annoying piece of garbage I've ever seen. As if it wasn't enough to be completely lacking in plot or direction... the characters (and I imagine those who played them, since there was certainly no acting here) were juvennile, ignorant, unrelatavle and downright annoying. It was watching the most uninspired travel blog ever by those kids from high school that you knew would never move out of their parents' basements and you prayed you'd never see again.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shadow people made this film
henferdeline28 March 2019
Spoiler: this movie sucks, bigtime

No, really: it is only a movie because someone recorded it in this format. If a student presented this as a graduation project it would be the last of a would-be career in filmmaking!

You can start watching at 01:17h. Everything before this can be summed up as road trip images, farting in a tent (yes, you read it right....they spend over 15 min on farting) and "interviews" that add nothing.

So, one could say this is a 30 min recording. Even as a short, it sucks. Not even simple technical aspects were properly taken care of (such as battery indicators on GoPro screens always showing 4/5 of power - even though they supposedly were filming for hours).

The only creepy scene (sooooooooo done that not even kids get scared by it anymore) happens 4 min before the blissful end.

Oh! As the camera falls to the floor, it freezes the last image: the ceiling.

Fade to black
An hour and 47 minutes of nothing
ridinhighford35117 March 2019
The scariest thing about it was the time I wasted watching this movie. It mainly consisted of three friends goofing around with fart jokes, and trying to be funny. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS MOVIE!!!
not worth your time
bradford77546 February 2019
This movie is so boring just like watching a post on instagram or FB. What was the objective of the film makers in this flick to waste our time. The actress in this movie is so annoying wish i never see her again in any other flick and the finale...what was it...shadow ....what a mess? The film makers should have seen blair witch project once again to understand what made it so good rather than just going about doing a mess and created a movie which is less said is better. please dont fall for the title
16 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
trash
mckayy10 March 2019
Dont waste your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The worst
wendyhbeans2 March 2019
WORST. MOVIE. EVER. MADE. EVER. Literally nothing happens except following these 3 around while they ride in a car, do horrible interviews and that's it.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute Garbage! I wish there was a negative 10 rating.
rabidraider-0924714 February 2019
This was such a huge waste of time. I wish there was a negative 10 rating. Not sure if the more I say will be any type of spoiler but if you're concerned with that you can just stop here but I wouldn't even bother wasting your time with this heap of dung.

There was no plot at all. Nothing scary about it at all. The end was a joke! Just following a bunch of losers around the country and then it was over. STOOPID!!!
payment!!!
lifelinespublishing3 February 2019
This movie is one of the worst I have seen and I have seen a lot, they are banking on "found footage" style but the actors are really unpleasant, I should demand payment from the producers to have my time back, I watched the first 30 minutes then fast forward it to 5 minutes before the end....If they should have made the last 5-10 minutes more exciting and creepy then I would give it a 3 but it's really really bad!!
14 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time.
jennifermandy26 July 2019
I usually like found footage type movies, even some of the more cheesy ones. But this? I'm not even sure why I watched the whole thing.

For over an hour, it was like watching a home movie of some extremely immature adults taking a road trip together. I'd say 90% or more of the footage had nothing to with anything related to the plot. I don't understand why this movie was even made honestly. It's highly disappointing because it could have been done so much better.

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen in my entire life. I'm really not sure why it's classified as a horror/thriller. The only part worth watching (and the only time something interesting happens) is the last 10min of the movie.

If you're into paranormal/horror/thrillers...skip this one and find something else.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor man's Blair Witch
queeroid5 February 2019
Fully just a bad rip-off of The Blair Witch Project. A female documentarian brings two men along to chronicle her journey investigating "shadow people." It's mostly the three of them making each other laugh (at one point by casually dropping the n-word, btw). Eventually they get annoyed with each other because of bad directions. And they finally end up in a house where she screams the names of her suddenly missing men, before disappearing herself. It's kind of embarrassing. If you've seen TBWP before, watch it again instead of watching RCoSP at all.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Couldn't get through the first 20 minutes
patriciamunsch7 February 2019
Teens might like this show but I found it totally annoying . Sounds like the guy in the backseat is very immature and stoned. The laugh makes me ill
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't bother.
mchrismiss4 February 2019
This movie is horrible and I want the 2 hours I spent watching this piece of crap back.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst waste of time, I don't know how it has any positive ratings...
ucomehereoften3 September 2019
6.7 on IMDB? 8 on the streaming service!? Ofcourse I look at reviews, the first one said 10/10 the best hidden footage horror that blew me away. I immediately stopped reading in fear of spoilers. Even if it was half as good as that moron reviewed it, I would have been satisfied. 90% of movie is them talking to each other in the car like the teacher left the room so it's ok to say bad words. 2 hours of watching a morons Snapchat that's thinks they are funny and entertaining. Must have had $300 budget for the effects that were maybe 20 seconds all together!? It really is insulting how this movie is a movie. .01/10. Fast forward to last 10 minutes, that's all you need to see to be fully disappointed.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.