The Silencing (2020)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, some disturbing images, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Scantily clad pole dancer seen briefly in the background in a bar in two scenes.
- Mentions of prostitution, e.g, "paying for sex."
Violence & Gore
- Young women/teen girls are kidnapped, hunted, and murdered; some of the dead bodies are shown with gaping neck wounds.
- Characters are shot, caught in bear traps, impaled with spikes, and stabbed with spears and arrows; blood spurts are seen.
- A man stitches a wound in his chest from an spear hit; some blood is seen.
- Frequent strong and mild language, and middle-finger gestures.
- 20 often f**** words
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Rayburn is an alcoholic and is seen drinking beer and whisky throughout; other characters are seen drinking beers.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Young women/teen girls are seen being hunted down and shoot at with arrows and spears in the woods by someone in a gillie suit.
- Stuffed dead animals are seen in a house.
- A newspaper story tells how a child was locked up in a barn by their abusive foster parents.
Violence & Gore
- A young girl is stabbed in the stomach with a wooden spear; little blood.
- This movie contains considerable profanity...the F word is said often...blasphemy is said often...G-D and JC is spoken a half dozen times each ...quite a bit of other profanity as well...a young girl is told to shut her c$&k hole...not a movie to watch if you don't do well with language like this