The Siren (I) (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
Sex & Nudity
- Scenes of romantic intimacy and implied sex. No explicit physical intimacy save a few scenes of light kissing. A few scenes where nudity hidden by bedding or water is implied. No explicit nudity. No references to sexual activity. Bare-chested man or man in undewear is seen.
Violence & Gore
- Several scenes depict the siren drowning or attempting to drown people. These scenes are not explicit, but may cause discomfort.
- The violence in the climax, while mostly obscured and not explicit, is quite intense in its brutality. The sound effects alone are likely to cause discomfort in young and sensitive viewers.
- No profanity or coarse language.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One of the three main characters smokes cigarettes intermittently. There is one reference to drinking alcohol but none is consumed on-screen.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- While most of the violence in the climax is obscured or occurs out-of-frame, the implications are still very intense and are likely to jar or disturb younger and more sensitive viewers.
- The siren has a nearly all-consuming natural instinct to drown those who come near her. As such there are several scenes of drownings or attempted drownings, but none are graphic or intense. Still, they may be uncomfortable for viewers with intense fears of drowning.