Wonder Woman 1984 (2020) Poster

5,827 Reviews
So bad that I almost walked out of my own house!
zeki-42 January 2021
The first one was fun and well played out. This sequel is a total misfire. Not because it follows the trend of having women being the alpha characters and portraying men as either weak or stupid, but simply because it's a lazy effort. Except a couple of scenes, and hilarious over-the-top acting by Pedro Pascal, I found nothing here. It has "straight-to-DVD" written all over it.
1,495 out of 1,690 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Psssssssssssst
stephen-nico11 March 2021
Let me tell you.. I have a secret........ don't tell anyone... it's top secret... OK? No one may know... you know why this film is such a bad joke? Patty and Gal actually work for Sony. Yup, it's true. They are trying to destroy Warner. OK be quiet about it. Thanks bye.
145 out of 169 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Guys You Are Witnessing History!
moana-ara18 March 2021
That is right. This is one of the worst turkeys ever and you can say you were there, you watched it, you vomited and you knew right there and then that the 'director' and, er, 'actress will never work again... and you were right.

You can pinpoint the moment in history and where you were.

I will leave you with one piece of trivia: do you know why they chose 1984? Simple, the computers used to make the effects for this are from 1984. You didn't know that, did you?
172 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who should watch and who should not watch this
hoarei-5676018 March 2021
Should:

Men who hate their wives and want to sit on the couch for 3 hours pretending they are doing something (watching this) and therefore cannot talk right now

Fans of Mexican and Brazilian daytime soap operas

Fans of Italian daytime soap

Fans of Gal Gadot's legs (i.e. were never here for the movie or the 'story')

Adult movie scouts

People with guns to their heads

Should Not:

Everybody else
219 out of 261 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Time For An Audit
james-3021023 February 2021
They need to unleash the auditors on this producer and film because, according to IMDB, this film had a budget of $200 million and yet this was the result.

If that budget is fact I know Pentagon contractors and consultants who take better care of funds than this lot.

Moreover, it was too much, whatever they paid the actors and actresses. None of them can act, which is the point. The director must have chosen them as such because look at her level of 'talent.'

I am off scraping the cheese off my ceiling thanks to this Telemundo soap.
267 out of 321 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
leila-horo28 February 2021
So long and because it is not interesting I was sleeping. Bad acting with no character like why is she doing this stuff, always like she is interesting but she is not cool. A real waste of time!
127 out of 149 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Audiences: No One Can Make A Movie As Bad As Cat Woman...
john-helig16 February 2021
... Gal Gadot And Patty Jenkins: Hold our beers.

This is what happens when people who are not comic book/superhero/action fans become in charge of making comic book/superhero/action movies.
237 out of 285 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If The garbagemen show up what will they take with them?
jared-tx8 April 2021
Let's watch and observe, shall we?

OK here we go:

they are taking the actress, the actor, the script (er, let's call it script), the director and they even took the Mary Sue lasso.
129 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
beer-belly-brian29 March 2021
If you do not have any ideas, if you do not have any clue, if you do not have an understanding of the source material.......

YOU DO NOT MAKE ANOTHER MOVIE!

I will boycott Jenkins and the atrocious Gadot going forward.
165 out of 198 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The arrogance it takes for these people to release this publicly!!!
keztem17 February 2021
JUST SAY NO

Really bad script coupled with really bad actors and actresses in a really bad and low budget soap opera film.

Shame. Wonder Woman (RIP) deserved better. Watch Batman or Spiderman instead.
232 out of 282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Last review was deleted!!!
CC383 January 2021
I saw my review posted with full text and now it is gone, not even readable from my account. They are purging negative reviews. Do not buy this terrible movie!! It is not worth 2.5 hrs of your time.

The writing and plot are the worst of any DC movie so far and that is saying something. Unfortunately, the stylized action and good CGI that helped make the previous installments rise above the writing is not present here. The CGI is bad and there isn't much action. I think Wonder Woman felt less strong as a person in this movie than the last one. The villain was lame, and the armor she wears in the promotional material was pointless.
188 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rubbish film.
bigg_g2 January 2021
Too long, too slow. Quite uninteresting. An absolute ton of plot holes. DC destroy another movie. Did Gal Gadot forget how to act? Don't waste your time.
469 out of 585 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Have An Idea For The Third One *
gary-cbti31 December 2020
Wonder Woman 3: (dadaa) Wonder Woman vs. Cat Woman!!!!!!!!

It sounds terrible, but cannot be any worse than this stupid trash. Wooden acting, uninteresting story, and no super powers just magic because everything is perfect and the gadgets make Wonder Woman invincible...

*Because Hollywood is a junkie and must make endless sequels contractually, immorally, stupidly, etc.
332 out of 412 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sequel
wi-pack9 February 2021
I don't know what's in it for the people giving good reviews. This is trash. Boring, senseless and most importantly amateur acting. Don't waste your time.
283 out of 350 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the worst movie I watched this year!
frankwittke-1579427 December 2020
In fact if I would have watched this movie on January 1st, 2021 it would have been the worst movie in 2021. It is right up there next to Cats.
300 out of 372 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gal Gadot As "Producer": LMFAO
nils_rue2 January 2021
This movie was so bad I can't put into words.Not just sequel bad. Bad. I love action and fantasy, but this sequel is so bad I can no longer watch the original.

Music over the top. Acting non-existent/ Length felt like 6 hours and not in a good way.

Don't understand people raving about it (Gal's agent?). They must be connected to the film somehow (I see they are throwing the director rightly under the bus).

Save your money, watch the original seriesand don't let this ruin it for you like it did for me

2 stars for the actress legs and hair.
383 out of 480 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Comparing To Blade Runner 2049
aguero-imdb25 February 2021
It is a sequel that is unneeded

It is too long

The ONLY thing going for it is a couple of pretty chicks with good bodies

The story makes no sense.
158 out of 193 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you want to punish someone, you should put this movie on for them
ldebremaeker26 April 2021
I dont know how its possible to make such a bad movie.

The quality of the scenes is really terrible. I really have no words for this movie.

Its a punishment to watch.

If i could give less then 1 star, i would do it.
83 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Welcome To James' Reviews (where we bring you more than mere reviews)
james-info-reviews19 March 2021
James: i Patty, thanks for joining us. Our readers are excited to read about your latest work.

Patty: yeah, you are referring to Wonder Girl.

James: Wonder Woman.

Patty: yeah, that. Woman, All good.

James: It was not well received.

Patty: Wanda is a good woman and deserves better from people.

James: Wonder not Wanda... and also many comments point out you cannot write or direct or anything creative for that matter.

Patty: That is unacceptable. I am a woman. I need to work. I mean, I need to be given work.

James: Well, there are other things you could do...

Patty: Well, I was fired from my valet gig because... accidents...

James: Back to Wonder Woman. Gal Gadot really sucks.

Patty: Well if she did more men would watch the film, but she gets paid regardless so we were not going to pretend we are interested.

James: so you admit no one on set cares for DC, superheroes, audiences, sense, logic, art or Wonder Woman???

Patty: Are you for real? This is 2021. We shot this in 2020. We were not on set. We were phoning it in.

James: That makes more sense than you know! What about the terrible effects?

Patty: Well, I am artiste. Affirmative action artiste. I demand authenticity! So we brought the computers used on the original '70s series out of storage for this.

James: At least you are not a liar.

Patty: You are not listening, James. I don't need to lie. I am a woman. I have to get my quota of jobs. That's how it works in Hollywood. Wanda Woman, whatever Girl, I can pick as many as I want.

James: so what have you picked next?

Patty: Something called Star Warts. I believe it is about removing warts from Mary Sues.. or something. Anyway, doesn't matter. I am writing a really funny rom-com script for it.

James: OK thanks, Patty.
164 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just read the other review. All true!
steventonge27 December 2020
Why is Warner Brothers hell bent on destroying a potential gold mine, that is the DC franchise. I thought they had finally sorted it with WW and Aquaman. But no, normality resumes. This movie was terrible at everything. Story, dialogue, acting, cgi. Just sell the franchise to another studio and give us DC fans a break
834 out of 1,082 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste you time
jehan-hossain2 January 2021
Avoid at all cost. The storyline is absolutely garbage. The whole cast should be recast. DC continues to disappoint.
280 out of 356 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
IMHO
IMDb-insider19 May 2021
Gal Gadot Jenkins and the Warner studio executive have no place in the film business. They really do not express much that is either new or entertaining. The weakness shines here where the bad acting bounces off the bad story which bounces off the bad direction. And who decided that this may go ahead and be released to the public?
31 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The main actress
kim-erp-vp21 March 2021
Her acting is so stiff that I hesitate to use the word. I mean is she really an acting or does she know someone/casting couch/lottery winner. Someone explain to me. Bring Meg Ryan back.
115 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actionhero movie with almost no action
the_real_smile1 January 2021
Writer, producer and director Patty Jenkins really did a give this movie a feminine/soap opera touch and by doing so destroyed everything that this movie could have been. The first WW movie was not that great, but Patty did not write that one, this sequel she did and it is worthless. I was wondering if I was watching a drama or a action hero franchise. First the movie is far to long, the dialogue's are pointless and boring, you can skip with ease them because the story is not that complicated. For the action, the effects are good, not worth the time to watch, but still well made, but there are not very much action scenes. If you look at the demographic of the votes you can see girls <18 years are the only ones who love this movie, and that should have been the warning that should have been given with this movie: only see this movie if you are a teenage girl.
484 out of 627 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In quarantine, you'll buy anything.
jayg_581 January 2021
Very colorful, lots of money spent. Kristin Wiig was a masterpiece of miscasting. She wasn't funny; she wasn't scary, but great costume. The whole plot was a vehicle to resurrect Chris Pine, but there was no real chemistry between them. It made the lines of endearment quite awkward and the embraces seemed forced. All the usual tropes: WW loses some of her powers, so there can be suspense; she plays Spiderman and holds two vehicles apart. Just nothing new and Gad Gadot proves again that she's a glamour model and poses well. She can't act. Still - entertainment in a vacuum of good movies, so watch it and be distracted for TWO AND A HALF hours.
331 out of 426 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.