The Fairy Princess & the Unicorn (2019) Poster

Unicorn?! WHAT UNICORN!!
robd-4308927 August 2020
What a joke. My daughters were so excited about the unicorn and it's in it for 1 minute of a particularly average film.

DON'T LIE IN A TITLE TO MAKE MONEY!!!
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautifully made movie, Extremely amazing animations like pixar but mistitled
This movie is simply beautiful to watch. The quality of animation is amazing. It is sad that many people don't know about this, but this movie deserves the same recognition as frozen. If the story was a bit more emotional and well written as well as Titling it correctly would have made this a popular movie. There is literally less than 20 second screen time for the unicorn. The good Queen and the blonde princess are really beautifully created.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gorgeous to look at
trinaboice7 August 2020
IN A NUTSHELL: Directed by Aina Jarvine and Federico Milella, this colorful animation is so beautiful to look at and one that little girls will love, complete with fairies, princesses, unicorns, and magic. Visually, it's stunning.

Schleich (pronounced "Shh-like), the world's leading manufacturer of animal figurines, is bringing its Bayala® franchise to life in the US with an animated feature length movie, THE FAIRY PRINCESS AND THE UNICORN: THE BAYALA® MOVIE. Made possible through a partnership with Viva Kids, this latest expansion for the film into the US follows its European theatrical release during the fall of 2019.

The film takes kids on an adventure in the world of Bayala, a magical country where fairies have been living in harmony with nature for centuries. The peaceful country is put at risk when the evil shadow fairy queen, Ophira, steals the precious dragon's eggs, in which lie the kingdom's magic. The fate of Bayala is in the hands of the brave Princess Surah and her companions as they go on an adventurous journey to bring the dragons back and save the kingdom.

The Bayala product line launched in 2012 and features an enchanting world of unicorns, fairies, mermaids and other wonderous creatures.

TIPS FOR PARENTS: No profanity. Instead, you hear phrases like, "Oh my wings!" and "Oh my ice!" Nothing scary. There is an evil queen, but she's beautiful. You can download fun activity sheets that go with this movie here.

THEMES: "Sometimes the smallest things can bring about the greatest change." - Narrator "Each is different. All is one." - coronation words Working together as one & teamwork. Believe in yourself. Good vs. Evil

THINGS I LIKED: VERY colorful and magical world-building. It's simply gorgeous to look at. Some humor, mostly in visual gags. The food looks fantastical and delicious. Girls will love the beautiful wings and outfits. There are a couple of musical moments, although they're not very memorable. I wish I could fly! There are adventures and a mission to do what's right. If I were a little girl, I'd go nuts for the merchandise of this movie

THINGS I DIDN'T LIKE: There is a LOT of exposition during the entire movie, which is necessary because this is a world we know nothing about. Unfortunately, it's still hard to understand what's going on in the beginning. What's the point of a twin sister since they don't look alike? Why not just say she's a sister? Why would the fairies ever walk if they could fly? Some of the voices don't match the appearances of various characters. The unicorn plays a VERY small role in the movie, so the title doesn't seem to fit at all. Of course, it DOES attract young female viewers, which is probably what the studio wanted anyway. We learn about other parts of the kingdom but only get to see their leaders.

You can see the rest of my review on my Movie Review Mom Youtube channel and website
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.