Station 19 (TV Series 2018– ) Poster

(2018– )

Love it
itsmetif2 June 2018
Breaking news - this is not a documentary. For anyone looking for a highly realistic show about firefighters or paramedics, police or doctors, this is not the show for you. This is a show designed to entertain not inform. It is a spin off from Grey's Anatomy so you're looking at the same level of melodrama that has kept that show on air for 13 years.

I have thoroughly enjoyed every episode of the first season. I have loved the charater development and the interactions between the characters. I wonder if some people have an issue with this show because it features so many strong female characters and they feel uncomfortable with the concept that women are people too and highly capable of doing the same jobs as men. Sometimes they even do that while other women also occupy positions in the same department. Shocking, I know.

If you're looking for something not too serious to entertain you then this is a good option. While I wouldn't take it too seriously it does touch on a few important issues and there's a few tearjerker moments. Can't wait for season 2.
109 out of 151 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chicago Fire Wannabee Fails Miserably
LiquidPoetry192124 March 2018
Perhaps because 'Scandal' is coming to an end, and 'Grey's Anatomy' is in its 56th+ season, Shondra Rimes is looking for a new venture to undertake. If she's trying to turn Seattle into what Dick Wolf did with Chicago, 'Station 19' is a COLOSSAL fail.

Not only is the acting abysmal, the storylines are as well. Where 'Chicago Fire' is packed each week with firefighters/paramedics attending to car crashes, gas explosions, building fires, etc., ~ with the occasional romantic/personal situation thrown in, 'Station 19' is exactly the opposite ~ an hour long soap opera with the occasional fire related incident gratuitously worked into the plot line.

Note to Ms. Rimes: Just because you can, really doesn't mean you should. Gave a VERY generous 1* out of 10.
120 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pathetic
jackbenton223 March 2018
Chicago Fire has nothing to worry about with this trash. Unreal. As a Firefighter, I'm Truly embarrassed.
188 out of 287 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
Shellymartinez0823 March 2018
I was excited about the show , but seriously disappointed . I expected more ! Main actress character is the worst protagonist ever . I can't watch anymore
123 out of 184 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why all the negatives?
MrsLoring17 June 2018
Really can't understand why there is so many negatives towards this show!?

I'm really enjoying it and hope it continues! I love Chicago fire but both in their own way!
99 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Are you kidding me?
sonicvoodoo23 March 2018
I NEVER write reviews. I like sappy melodramas. I don't expect much from network TV and settle for most anything when I'm bored. All this being said, this series is just plain awful/terrible. I find it absolutely incredible that ANYONE would invest time and money and then decide to air this junk. It really baffles me.
127 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crap
acsnyder1923 March 2018
"I used to see this all the time when I was a doctor..."

Said no one ever...

This show blows.
102 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Insulting for those of us who are "Real"Firefighters
privateangel30 March 2018
I hope this show goes down in flames as it's horrible.It makes females FF look incompetent sex driven babies .No FF would work under her daddy unless a small volunteer Dept and no one would respect daddy promoting her.They picked many diffterent individuals to try and make this boring show intersecting but it failed .It appears they are leading Ben to cheat .Its so unrealistic and so poorly done it's not entertaining and the acting sucks .I watch Grays ,Chicago Fire as although not totally factual not so off base that watching it is a huge waste of time .In her interview the lead said she interviewed 2 female captains and then said how said it was for us females to be assulted .I am a veteran as well as Fire Instructor and it has not always been easy but I was not abused .Respect is earned and experience takes years .This show is embarrassing and sends the wrong message .
77 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it
kim-hamilton198312 June 2018
News just in!!! I don't get all the bad reviews you do understand this is a television show and not real life.

If you want something real please go watch a documentary.

This for one spin off from greys anatomy which I also love. So I'm guessing all the people who have left bad feedback most likely don't like greys anatomy either.

I just watched the last episode of the first season and what a cliffhanger. I really don't want any of the main cast to die.
37 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was good
c_sims7615 April 2021
Station 19 was such a good show. It was a well-balanced mix of first responder drama mixed with personal drama. At the start of season four it became 80% personal drama mixed in with political BS. Trying to be super politically correct and woke. It's more BS than the daytime soaps. Hate to have to stop watching something that was different and well written at the start.
19 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a waste of time!
mfjacks23 March 2018
Station 19 is nothing but a politically correct relationship drama with unrealistic emergency responses thrown in for good measure. Been there, seen that. We have watched much better dramas that are similar to this one come and go. Third Watch is one that comes to mind. We don't need more of the same unimaginative, unrealistic, politically correct driven shows. Pull it now before you get more embarrassed. ABC's ratings could only get better by doing so.
80 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Seriously?
kroozman-397-26414323 March 2018
I said I would watch this with the hope bringing back some of the fun that I missed in Rescue Me. Wow! Was I wrong. As a retired Lieutenant, I find this show so removed from reality that it's laughable. The Lieutenant acts like a probie. No leadership qualities and no command of the firefighters at the station or on the scene. Doesn't happen! No department would ever allow a Captain to promote their daughter to Lieutenant even temporarily. The first structure fire scene when a dog is rescued, the room is extinguished is 30 seconds and instantly they are able to walk around with nothing smoldering? Every scene was predictable and that never happens in real life. This is more a soap opera than a fire show. Please cancel this ASAP as you are doing a disservice to all firefighters everywhere.
74 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enormously disappointing,childish, and poorly written
paul_atallah23 March 2018
I watched an episode and a half, just to see what show ABC had put in the face of Chicago Fire, same category. The least i can say is that the two shows are incomparable.

First of all, you need to get attached to a credible written show and this is not the case. No real background on fire fighter department work, artificial acting and ridiculous music more suitable for a comedy show that a serious one.

In summary, very amateurish series.
77 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What's with all the negativity?
catherine_duffy19 May 2018
This show is great, I don't understand all the one star reviews. I care about the characters after only 10 episodes. It's exciting and engaging and I can't wait for season 2.
28 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Getting political
murphalicious-7327120 April 2021
I got into this about a year or two ago because of all the Grey's crossovers. I was actually really starting to enjoy it and get invested in the characters and then this season it's all politics all the time. So tired of this BS. I keep giving them both just one more episode. And then the latest one just ended with George Floyd on the news. I'm done with both.
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
U have really Divided our country
skinnert-2756418 December 2020
You took a serious issue of kidnapping young girls and made it into a racial thing that is wrong...

Whywould you do that and then at the end of the show have your all your black fire fighters arrested really?

That is miss the whole issue !!! Your bring in black and white ... Not what is happening to these girls and boys !! Shame on you!!!!
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupid
YouMakeMe23 March 2018
This is so boring couldn't get into any character. Chicago Fire is so much better.
50 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow! This is awful!
GrammarMatters23 March 2018
I'm half an hour into this - and I'm done. Goodbye. It's so cheesy with pathetic writing that is obviously created by an untalented hack. I've found myself rolling my eyes several times already, and I can't waste my time with this absolute garbage after re-watching the end of last seasons Billions episode in preparation for the new season starting in a few days. Billions reminds me how incredibly awesome TV can sometimes be. This dreck is the absolute opposite. The only reason to watch this stupidity is to laugh at the morons who wrote and created it. As the son of a firefighter, and someone with several years of university medical knowledge - it's actually PAINFUL to subject myself to imbecilic writing that this junk subjects me to.

Do yourself a favor - don't waste any of your time watching this refuse.
70 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WORST PROGRAM EVER- and I mean in the history of television
DreamyOneNumber124 March 2018
I love the police dramas, the legal dramas, the medical shows, the shows about the fire departments and first responders.... I was looking forward to this. Sadly, it was difficult to get through even five minutes of it. But I was hopeful that it might get better so I decided to watch it to its conclusion.

The writing is awful. The acting is worse, but how can one act when one is given such an awful script. It's unrealistic. The camera work stinks. There's nothing redeeming. The casting is horrific. The female lead is just horrible. She might be good elsewhere, given the chance, but certainly not here. This show seems so cheaply made, as if someone just threw it together for the four to six year old crowd. What an awful failure. What an embarrassment for ABC.

I thought, when I saw the commercials this might give Chicago Fire a run for its money, but no way. Chicago Fire is a solid ten. Station 19 actually deserves no stars. If I was an actor on Station 19, I'd be truly embarrassed.

This is a colossal waste of time. A minute watching this is a minute too long. I have never in my life seen anything as bad as this program.

UPDATE...Although I vowed to never again watch this show, friends from out of town who were visiting wanted to watch the 4/12/2018 episode as they had never seen it, and it was sandwiched in-between Gray's and Scandal, which were all wanted to watch. My original opinion stands, although I have some additional perspective on it. For whatever reason, we all found something offensive about either Jaina Lee Ortiz's acting or her character or some combination of both. We all felt that if that character was removed, the story line about her dad promoting her to lieutenant dropped, along with the unrealistic captain competition, the show might have a better chance of survival. Her story lines, her character and her acting (weak) is what's pulling the show down. Of course, in all fairness, the story line comes from the writers. Still, the role needs an actress with more strength and more presence. She might do fine in another role, but not this one.
63 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What the heck did I just watch!
lsuman77724 March 2018
I don't write reviews but as a firemen this is truly insulting. Do they even have a consultant to help them with this, or did they just guess what happens on a real fire department. If you make a show about any perfession. You should at least try to make it close to the real thing. Aside from all of that, The acting is horrible, the script sucks, and the plot is horrible. I hope they cancel it! I don't want people thinking this is what happens in real life!
59 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a waste of Network Space!!!
tazman556223 March 2018
This show is Horribly directed with Horrible acting. The plot lines are pathetic. It is so predictable with the last 5 years of dramas in the market with NO refreshing ideas, If they are trying to compete with other shows, then they failed miserably.. ABC....Cut the cord quick!!!
81 out of 134 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jaw Dropping bad.
tdonnelly-428 March 2018
The short list. -Unhealthy senior citizen ground command captain enter the burring house to look for people.
  • Firefighter is not allowed to search a kids room during a fire.
_-Senior citizen captain not just works with his daughter but prompts her .
  • 50/50 male female fire fighter ratio.
  • I'm waiting for a transgender quadriplegia to join the fire crew next.
To fake for me , so I'm out. It's maybe for the soap opera types.
60 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PC Wins here .They now lose a viewer
wmcquade18 December 2020
Have watched it from the beginning. It passed the time. Unfortunately they decided to jump the shark with their latest episode.Wear masks outside until you meet someone you know so you take them off.Plot went off the rails showing white cops against a screaming unmasked African American woman.Naturally 2 screaming women unmasked. Than black fireman arrested for charging a cop . PC really took over here and cannot go back. See ya Station 19
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watched my last episode.
ockupant18 December 2020
Just watched the most PC drivel I have ever seen on TV. The plot was good and the acting acceptable until we got to the politically correct "all policemen are bad and out to get minorities" part of the show. I know many police and none of them, and I mean zero, would have acted the way the "evil blue men" acted. It was obviously propaganda for the defund the police movement. Be careful folks, because you may get what you ask for. I refuse to watch such garbage. It was a waste of time and bandwidth. Shame on you ABC. Dramas are only good when they are based upon at least a semi reality. This was not.
18 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Second half of Season 1 really pulled me in
tdthomas4228 May 2018
Surprised by all the 1 star reviews. I mean it's a network show so I wasn't expecting the caliber of writing that's in some Netflix & premium channel shows but it is surprisingly compelling. I've enjoyed getting to know the characters & actually care about some of their storylines. Major props for including LGBTQ characters!
22 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.