Watchmen (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

(2019– )

what is this?
ionut31021 October 2019
It has nothing to do with the watchmen movie or the comics whatsoever. Im from eastern europe and im sick of seeing american liberal fantasies in almost every movie and show this days.
934 out of 1,983 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wokemen
lotheravanti21 October 2019
They took everything that was good about Watchmen and Rorschach, then defecated all over it Last Jedi style. This isn't Watchmen, it's Wokemen, sorry, Wokepersons.
924 out of 1,973 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A disgrace to the original and film adaptation
raulespinoza-8648221 October 2019
Annoying as hell and stupid af, The Watchmen TV series packs all the cringeworthy you can stomach in a twitchy tv show. The credit sequence of the original film is better than this show.
731 out of 1,558 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really really REALLY bad!
feritciva29 October 2019
Let's pretend this has nothing to do with Watchmen. Let's pretend we haven't seen 2009 movie or we dont know anything about the name "Alan Moore".

Still this is a really bad show. Really bad characters, unfortunately very bad actors (or it seems they have no clue what the director or screenwriter wants from them), very cliche & really banal plot.

Overall, a total failure. Hope people who are involved into thiss mess give it up early.
179 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cliche
sciencewins21 October 2019
I was initially entranced. I immediately searched the net for Tulsa 1921, and was shocked to find out the depiction of events in this episode were strikingly realistic. It's a shame that the show then descends into cliche.

Race-baiting is at best boring, and irresponsible to say the least. I almost stopped watching multiple times, but hung on hoping they were going somewhere interesting. The "climactic" final scene was unfortunately totally predictable.

The target audience of this show is obviously a narrow demographic and it grotesquely stereotypes other demographics. Oh, and it doesn't appear to have any real relation to Watchmen.
510 out of 1,092 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what I expected
veryprivateswag21 October 2019
Didn't know about this show and thought cool a series about the watchmen, since I quite enjoyed the movie...... To my disappointment it's not really Watchmen, I was hoping for more of the same like the movie instead this seems more like a Roots 1977 show about racism. Nothing wrong with that tbh but why call it Watchmen?

It was also kind of confusing considering I kept thinking okay maybe The Watchmen will show up now..instead Rorschach is now a white supremacists group?

Dunno but I think I will stop watching this Watchmen series as it's not really what I want in a comic book based tv show.
420 out of 897 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Watch, Man!
craig1-738-35711121 October 2019
I expected so much more considering the cast and participants. I was very disappointed in the end product and removed it from my watchlist.
489 out of 1,054 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Couldn't Care Less... It's Trash
BadCinemaHabit22 October 2019
I watched the first episode and could not come up with any reason to continue watching this. I don't care about any of the characters or the story. It's one of those shows when, after you watch the first season, you're left with nothing. Only the same unlikeable characters and frustrating story line where nothing is resolved. And you only have yourself to blame for holding out hope that it would somehow turn into something worthwhile.
212 out of 442 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not sure what this is,
twittkamp27 October 2019
But it for sure isn't Watchmen. I've heard people call it Wokemen, and have to say it fits. What is going on with Hollywood today that 90% of what comes from there is strange garbage that pushes this very awkward new form of racism, hidden under a thin cloak of "modern politics", that appears to be somehow acceptable in our modern culture. I don't get it, but I long for good entertainment again. This just isn't good entertainment.
200 out of 416 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is insulting to the watchmen comic series and the movie
mnzero21 October 2019
They just took a big dump on the watchmen name with this weird thing they made
368 out of 788 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What was that?
johnkbarfield21 October 2019
Well if you came looking for a series about a race war, this is the one for you.

If you came looking for something more than vaguely connected to Watchmen, not so much.
177 out of 369 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible, boring
indyscottrn23 October 2019
One of the brilliant abilities of HBOs storytelling is that viewer is left to interpret, learn, and question their internal belief systems when presented with the story. Moral dilemmas, family betrayals, the quest to become better, evil verses good, empathy for the villians.... the list is endless. Not in this case. Let's take a blatant race politics from modern day headlines and recreate it smack dab right in the middle of this story. The storyline is tired and can be seen on every network, cable channel, streaming channel, soap opera, nightly newscast, and premium channel out there. If anything, it closed my mind, it didnt open it. Way to go.HBO. ITS SO BAD, I am not even going to give it another shot this Sunday and have deleted it fro. My DVR. I look forward to Showtime with Shameless, Ray Donovan, and Homeland, and I would rather catch up on the last 2years of the walking dead than continue to watch this non escapist garbage.
161 out of 336 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointment
veikkokero23 October 2019
The show tries to be critical, but just ends up being shallow and empty. I didn't get through the pilot on first try. I was expecting something more similar to the comic. The tone is quite faitfhul to the original and the production is cool, but writing is just awful.
295 out of 636 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
watchmen? where?
cjh-7590021 October 2019
The only thing that has to do with watchmen is nothing so far.hbo either does amazing shows or utter thrash. this is utter trash. dont even bother if you think this has to do with watchmen. the first hour has nothing to do with it. i want my hour back please.
439 out of 967 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
andreaknyc21 October 2019
Really annoyed, kept on watching and hoping the set up will somehow come together but sadly no. It's confusing and boring.
399 out of 876 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most disappointing show on TV
alfieryan-0924021 October 2019
Unfortunately the new HBO series had nothing to do with the works of Alan Moore. Sadly just a copy and paste of all the other politically aware shows. For the first time I can sympathise with others who have complained about similar problems with other shows. The themes, world and characters do not fit into the Watchmen universe and this can only be described as a tragedy. I know it's easy to think everyone with this opinion is alt-right but I'm really liberal. I just love the original novel and this series makes Zacks movie look like a true masterpiece. Whilst some characters have been intriguing with Lindelof at the helm, I have no hope for the future of this show. In summary this isn't where I saw things going after the bomb. I think the universe and characters are so rich they deserved to be fleshed out. With plenty of mysteries still unresolved in-between the pages of the original graphic novel, this seems like a massively wasted opportunity. I recommend a copy of the original novel for everyone at Christmas regardless of if you're a comics fan. Read it and then be immensely disappointed at this butchering.
297 out of 645 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not watchmen
mercadion30 October 2019
Patched together 1 or 2 things from the comics top brand it watchmen and give it a jump on fanbase. It's a decent show, but gets a 1 star from me for lying about what it is and running off the coattails of a comic it has nothing to do with.
69 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
this is not the WATCHMEN
christiancarden22 October 2019
This is the old bait and switch, we're all used to clickbait thumbnails but this takes it to a whole new level. what idiot gave the thumbs up for the PILOT episode to NOT MAKE ANY SENSE?! this would have been perfectly acceptable if the entire series was available all at once... but releasing weekly AND making zero sense right off the bat was a huge mistake. i don't know where this show is going, and after that ridiculous pilot i have little to no interest whatsoever. i may give it another chance after the season ends but it's highly unlikely.

P.S. this has nothing to do with the watchmen and
87 out of 177 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not against it because it's "woke" but because it's terrible
Zippersthemule22 October 2019
Awful 1st episode and not even going to bother watching any more. Opens with a fantastic depiction of a terrible true part of US history. Goes downhill from there. Won't go into a long review but the stupid rushed attack on the ranch with inadequate planning or personnel. The police "owl" ship crashes but the pilot and police chief walk out with not a bruise (neither was strapped in). The ending with the police chief leaving his heavily guarded home and driving off alone ending up killed by an old man in a wheelchair. Damon Lindelof had burned his goodwill with the lame ending of Lost and all the unanswered questions so I should have known better. Watch "The Boys" on Amazon for an exciting and intelligent series on superheroes.
199 out of 428 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful trash!
soyelisao22 October 2019
Eyerolll please! If you loved the graphic novel, you will hate this. They try to jam politics down your throat. The creators of the show didn't understand the comic or the charcoal in it. Every vigilante was shades of gray and of all of them Rorschach was the most honorable of all the characters. This show is actual trash. Spend your time elsewhere.
213 out of 460 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incoherent rubbish
chrisfallis-653-96420924 October 2019
The only thing thing this has in common with the original movie appears to be the title. They've taken a tragic true event that occurred nearly a hundred years ago, and used it as the basis for a cartoon alternative reality. The pilot show was disjointed, confusing and banal. None of the characters came over as genuinely believable. If the first show of a series is the showcase, then I won't be buying into it.
113 out of 235 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hot Pile Of Garbage !
ash-smith3725 October 2019
Buy the rights to the Watchmen name and then proceeds to make a train wreck !! Nothing to do whatsoever with the awesome Alan Moore graphic novel !
126 out of 264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No one wants to watch the Watchman
jmiller127322 October 2019
Being a huge fan of the original comic and the movie based on it, I was greatly disappointed in this pilot episode. The creators took too many liberties. The image and name of the character of Rorschach that was responsible for exposing the conspiracy in the original film has been turned into some sort of white supremacy cult. How is that even a reasonable connection? The original character was about justice at any cost. His mask has been hijacked to equate racism? How? Why? Who saw that in either the comic or movie? Please explain. The pilot's protagonist is an undercover cop that really lacks dimension. They try to make her likable but the really didn't exert too much effort to it. Don Johnson plays the chief of a police department that is no more justified than the hate group. Overall I was hugely disappointed in this adaptation. The creator's general disdain for actually attempting to build a coherent transition from the movie to the series is staggering. Did they even research the subject matter or merely use names from a list of original characters? By what stretch of the imagination is this even truly an adaptation or continuation of the movie/comic? Sad sad sad
162 out of 345 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DOA
mmovieca22 October 2019
This show is incoherent. I don't know who characters are or what they are trying to accomplish. I recently watched the Zack Snyder movie which is very faithful to the graphic novel and is also very entertaining and well done. This show has nothing going for it but the title. Alan Moore can not be pleased with this "adaptation" of his classic work. Damon Lindelof is proving to be a genuine hack. The Hunt may be his best work and it was cancelled before it was released to theaters.
153 out of 325 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed
dmr-2473321 October 2019
I'm confused at what this show is about because the plot was not apparent. All I have learned is that it correlated race and violence. This show is overall reckless because it may incite violence if it continues down this rabbit hole. Clearly Hollywood's goal is to create more division..
294 out of 646 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.