The Perfect Candidate (2019) Poster

Beautiful film
ceca-655765 March 2020
The film full of gentleness, support, beautiful women outside and inside and good music. We may have rare oportunity to see on screen how people in Saudi Arabia live and how women fight to be recognized just as always in this world. The audience at the film festival in Belgrade applauded after the film ended. Definitely worth seeing.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining With Interesting Education On Saudi Arabian Culture
HenryOrlando12 August 2020
I found this film via the Florida Film Festival in 2020 as a feature film listing. I found the film to be both an entertaining film as well from the perspective of today's Saudi Arabian culture in general and issues for Saudi women in particular quite educational. A plus in the movie was the focus on the Saudi musicians and singers who were playing live gigs that have recently been allowed by the government in Saudi Arabia. I found the film well worth my time.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
rawadfadhil29 August 2019
Such a good movie to watch. I hope to see more productions from them soon.
22 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I liked this film
one_day_there19 June 2020
This is a good film. The people in it are likeable, the story is good. It made me feel good watching it.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hope for the future!
treja-814941 February 2020
Such a beautiful film. Good impression on 'the hope of the fute' / quote old man in the film' FCC
7 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An ok movie
Jonah_R6 March 2020
First of all I must say that to a certain extent this movie gives you an interesting look at a different part of the world, how people live there and what kind of problems they need to face. But sadly this is where the positive aspects end in my opinion.

This movie is about Maryam, a young Saudi-Arabian doctor who wants to run for the office in the local city elections but she has to struggle with a lot while the community does not accept her as their town's first female candidate. So we can see how women in different parts of the world live and with what kinds of problems they have to deal to be taken seriously in their workspace or the regular life.

Sadly the story itself is pretty boring and predictable. After like 20-30 minutes you can say how this movie ends and the build up for the climax is too long. The movie also couldn't really reach me emotionally due to the actors, because I wasn't able to sympathize with them. And when you finally reach the point where the movie actually gets a little bit exciting, the movie has almost ended. The cinamtography and the score were ok, but nothing great.

In the end I would still say that this is a movie you can definitly watch once, simply to get a different look at the world and maybe you can even enjoy the movie, because I'm sure that this movie can give hope to someone. But sadly this movie didn't work for me.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remarkable
mota-tati-312-79549326 January 2020
I really appreciated to see what the lives of women can look like now in the kingdom and hope we can all be inspired by the braveness of the women from Saudi Arabia.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cute movie about the new norms in KSA
regneri20 December 2020
The plot is about a doctor who simply wants to have the main road to her clinic paved, in order to do so she runs for a local political office. Of course this being the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, historically women are not to be seen nor heard. Recnetly, a multitude of changes have come to the kingdom all due to one man, Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. Rather surprisingly, the movie starts out with the main character, Dr. Maryam Alsafa, driving her car on her own! Women driving alone in a car was unheard of until very recently, so for the director showing a female driving without any controversy speaks volumes. The main character played by Mila Al Zahrani is very comfortable behind the camera and the camera loves her. This is a really positive movie that illustrates how quickly Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has brought his kingdom into the 21st century. I cant help but see the parallels between the characters father, and the Crown Prince. Its nice to see the strides made in the treatment of women, also in the way musicians are being given places in the open to perform music. Of course the kingdom has a way to go in its treatment of non Muslims, immigrants, and animal rights, and the director shows that Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has done so much in such a short time already, and the future is boundless for his kingdom.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best films of 2019 and the decade
outdoorcats1 November 2020
Perhaps you've watched too many bleak and depressing films recently and you need a palate cleanser. A film that just radiates positive and idealistic energy, a story that doesn't need to result in literal triumph to feel positively triumphant.

This is Wadjda director Al-Mansour's return to Saudi Arabia after going abroad to make Mary Shelley and Nappily Ever After, and it is an absolute joy from start to finish. I am utterly in love with this film and the headstrong, defiant and no-nonsense spirit of its heroine. I laughed out loud several times at the surprising amount of comedy the film mines from patriarchy and sexism. I adored the film's myriad humanist touches and the intelligent characterization of all of its supporting characters. I didn't want this story to end, but I can hardly fault the incredibly emotional final scene and the actual chef's kiss of a final shot, one of the best parting shots of the decade.

Just see this damn movie!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waisted my time
alhatheen21 May 2020
Very bad movie you well heat your self after your See this movie because bad story bad director and very bad camera man
7 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
alhudaithyb15 May 2020
You will wish you were bland after watching this garbage
6 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the worst movie I have seen my life
fmrayes10 August 2020
This is by far the worst movie I've ever seen . Don't waste your time on this movie.
4 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Bad film for Hayfa
Salmanymohd11 August 2020
So this is another film added to her list, After watching this film you'll Realize that film festivals selections are biased towards certain names, and this director is one of them. She lacks talent and vision all the issues that she focused on are being waved in Saudi Arabia women rights movement in the kingdom is recognized by all. The movie lacks consistency, characters are poorly written and there is no clear plot, Cinematography is average similar to a film school project basic lighting with no feeling. The dialogue is poorly written, delivering the massage with dialogue is not a mistake made by so far experienced director. The actors are emotionless no effort done by the director to control them. Spoon feeding is not cinema With the budget spent on this film at least 3 female Saudi directors could produce 3 worth watching films.
3 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
just a waste of and time
Shortartgarden7 August 2020
Bad film , It's just a waste of and time πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»πŸ‘ŽπŸ»
3 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst move ever
muflihdhafer28 September 2020
Starting from medical error to week & bad scenario. The main actress is crabbed and leak of experience. Movie is full of things that is not happened in real life in Saudi Arabia like the local news in radio, Security inspection before party, gathered election information from internet while we have a full info for that in Saudi. My rating is 1/10
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.