Skater Girl (2021) Poster

(2021)

An emotionally engaging, feel good movie!!
This movie has a wonderful feel good factor and emphasizes on how one small step can change the destiny of so many people in a positive way. Very beautifully shot with great performances by everyone. This movie will connect emotionally with people.
20 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Uplifting
atractiveeyes16 June 2021
This is just a great important movie. Well I know it gets cliched and exaggerated sometimes but whatever it's just amazing, touching and inspiring. The story is great and has a nice important message about girl empowerment and following your dreams. The cast is awesome and real. Skater Girl is an emotional uplifting well made film that deserves better recognition, go see it now.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An inspiring feel good with heart!
tymdesanto16 June 2021
This film does a great job of showing its characters grow in their own unique way, and I can't help but smile at the end of this feel good film! A fun and inspiring story!
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Relax and have a joyride
adicash15 June 2021
Delightful to watch, feel good factor. Nothing new but beautifully portrayed. High five to whole production house and cast. Spend your precious time.

OTT has given a great platform to newcomers and who dares to make some difference.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Cheerful movie....
shubhammrt12 June 2021
To my surprise I really enjoyed the movie the actors acting is good plot is simple but still worth watching a perfect family weekend movie and special mention I really enjoyed the songs in this movie.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing Story very Inspirational
siddeshamonkar14 June 2021
Very emotional and inspiring movie. I felt very good. I have already seen the preview of this,Great movie. Prerana - Inspiration - A sense of Freedom. You can't skip during watching time. And how much his younger brother is inspired, how much he inspires his sister, helps her. I felt very cute. Thanks for the making this kind of movie 🎦.congratulations team SKATER GIRL for making such a nice inspiring movie 👍
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome movie
prayashrai-7498312 June 2021
The actors were all awesome, the movie has tried to cover all the social problems and The main character is steps out to skate and breaks all the rules that are meant taboo for a girl...I just loved the movie.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A BEAUTIFUL COMING OF AGE TALE SET IN A RURAL VILLAGE OF RAJASTHAN
Skater Girl is a movie that focused mainly on a rural poor teenage girl who had no idea what to become and achieve in life and is soon introduced to the world of skateboarding.

Okay so the plot felt average to me nothing new except the sport of skateboarding being included.

It also had scenes that touched caste discrimination and inequality topics but it was just touch an go situation.

There is a scene where the British Indian lady asks to the lead actress "is the caste system still relevant?" And the answer comes in as "Nobody talks about it but still follow it" I felt like that was a good line.

The lead actor and newcomer RACHEL SAANCHITHA GUPTA as PRERNA is brilliant,very convincing and is ofc the heart of the movie but the subcharacters were equally convincing for me especially SUBODH who was a very likeable character and was portrayed nicely by VINAYAK GUPTA.

AMY MAGHERA (as the British Indian) and JONATHAN READWIN (an American friend of the londoner) did their part well too.

The character arc of prerna was intriguing and compelling to watch.

Be it finding her passion,her first taste of freedom or overcoming her fear.

A nice brother sister relationship is also there are as part of the subplot.

Songs were decent but imo they didn't sync with the scenes except the MAARI CHALANGEIN song that was a really good song and went hand in hand with the scenes.

Visually good too some shots were just brilliant.

Only the screenplay felt a little bit flawed to me like the movie was convincing on some points but other times it felt forced.

That's how I felt it

Overall it's an enjoyable coming of age sports drama that was worth my time.

Hoping that it also will be worth yours too.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply Beautiful!
leomarcillo15 June 2021
After just finishing watching this it has become one of my favorite movies of all time. The lead actress Rachel Saanchitha Gupta as Prerna is the heart of the film. There are very few films in which I have conected to in the way that I did for Skater girl. An inspirational story with superb acting from everyone who participated in it. This are the type of films we need more of. A great story where you can see that any little good thing you do to help can impact in a way you would not even imagine and it can change so many people's lives. Those little things we can do that we may concider insignificant they are the all we need to start a change and make a difference. The story of Prerna shows that you can follow your dreams even with so many adversities. Just be strong. This type of films stick with you and you never forget. Don't miss the opportunity to watch it. It will surely touch you in a way you will always remember.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such an underrated movie!
anshianand-5701114 June 2021
10/10 to better their ratings!

A beautiful, underrated and feel good movie!
Exceptional performance
stellakj8311 June 2021
Story that strikes a chord and supported by an outstanding cast. This Netflix original is a must watch.
Inspiring Movie
ziad-burhani13 June 2021
Really inspiring movie... never give up and always follow up your dreams.. an incredible message for all dreamers.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you really want and believe, you will definitely succeed...
akrep-3187211 June 2021
It is a film with a message that sets an example for all young people and children. Please watch. You will definitely be happy.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Magnificent...
RosanaBotafogo26 June 2021
Beautiful film, a biography, not "credited" of Asha Gond, and Ulrike Reinhard, the real creator, a business consultant and German activist, a beautiful film, sport as the matrix force to conquer machismo, as members of superior castes they don't get special treatment, girls do, one of the skatepark's rules is "Girls First" - that is, if there are no skateboards for free, a girl can ask a boy to give her his skateboard and he has to agree. .. Magnificent...
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally, A master piece by Netflix.
rish200610 July 2021
These are the kind of movies - we want to watch as an audience, instead of those overrated Bollywood movies made by dharma productions. I hope, Netflix continues to provide us more inspiring movies like Skater Girl 👌🏻.

Final Verdict: Must Watch !!!!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I request you to keep inspiring us like this in future.
mnsingh-149537 July 2021
Thank you very much for giving us such a good movie, it is work to watch such a good movie in Bollywood, I urge you to keep inspiring us in this way. Thank you very much.🙏🙏
Misogyny and repression Alive and well in 2021
jody-henderson4 July 2021
I can't believe in this day and age women and young girls are still treated like men's possessions.
Awesome movie
beware_me-1902513 June 2021
A wonderful movie.... so well written and well expressed. Beautiful work. Simple but effective.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Hollywood Movie 💟
kavyajethi-0425613 June 2021
The movie was mind-blowing . I also worked in this movie , Everyone worked so hard .
7 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
That call an effort.
vebsmagic13 June 2021
As a maker if you give something to the society, you ll be remain in people's heart for long.

It inspires you, motivates you.

This is how we can get people from the ruler who are unbeatable.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
American Dream - what saviour BS
nadiamfreeman21 June 2021
Two westerners come to a small Indian village that has huge challenges including that local kids cannot afford uniforms, text books and families are struggling to feed themselves due to debt. So the hero westerners buy the children skateboards. They then get Indian Government money to put in a skatepark for the village that does not yet have running water and sanitation. Everyone is happy.

Gets three stars because at least the filming and child actors were really good.
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
feel good movie
a-kumar-0484523 July 2021
When movie was finished, I was feeling nice.

Recommend to all!
Just Aight
DVK123419 July 2021
What happened to Prerna? It left me hanging so therefore only 7 stars.
A good surprise
hedi-prokos17 July 2021
I had a Netflix-night yesterday, it was the 2nd movie I watched. I didn't know what to expect - the plot is something you don't see/ hear about everyday - and it did surprise me, in a good way!

An inspiring, feel-good movie, with important social-issue situations/ questions.
award-winning movie
denizbolgi13 July 2021
In my opinion, it is truly a masterpiece that deserves an award. I strongly recommend you to watch it, watch it alone if possible, you find yourself involuntarily in the subject. ;)