De dirigent (2018) Poster

(2018)

Perfect image of a time
jclangenberg4 November 2018
Christanne de Bruijn impersonated Antonia Brico in a perfect way. This movie is powerfull and emotional and gives a complete image of this time (1926-1929) and position of women. A film about perseverance and romance.
19 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More attention on women in History
rahngerhard7 March 2019
This is a very good movie to shine more light in women in history, from whom you have never heard before. Excellent acting even in smaller parts. Although the film is a bit long, you are eager to know how the story ends. I enjoyed the music,the picture quality and the acting.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Following passion through all
pvhemmen9 December 2018
Women and men should learn from this film. Following passion through all to get to your goals although everybody, women and men, condemn you. Made for an Oscar
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All too predictive feel good drama
rookmaker28 November 2018
Good story, good shots, good sounds, good acting. However it is converted in a too slow, too sweet feel good movie with too predictive elements (cinderella relations, the repeated chair in the music hall, etc)
7 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely adorable!!! Very romatic!
artmargo16 February 2019
I just loved this film. It was beautifully made. The main characters were perfect. Beautiful story. You will laugh and cry while watching this movie. Very touching. You can watch it with your partner and you will be entertained! Magnificant! Beautiful music. You get the spirit of those times.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant Movie
webkutsawa4 March 2019
Brilliant movie great performances. This is my first movie rating and l thought movie deserves it
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So touching...
sarper-saridal15 March 2019
Loved the end. Especially when it says a magazine don't have a women conductor in the top 50 list. I did not get upset about it. The point was not about to be in the top of somewhere. There may be hundreds of conductors who may deserve to be in that list maybe some are better. The point is to be good at what you are doing and leaving behind good vibrations behind to follow your path to go forward. That is a better exceptional success level...
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
very meaningful true story
vincent_lin5 March 2019
Aside from the current 6.9 rating, I hope it gets much higher rating, the story itself is already amazing, there is depth in this story, bring the viewer's view of how a women become an outstanding musician conductor and characteristic itself is very reasoned. yeah, maybe there might be some subtle scene there can be improved, but i couldn't find any, i just find that the actor, the story, the lightning and the dramatic moment is well composed and serves its purpose.After finished watching it, it strengthen my point of views, everything serve a purpose but, there must be a beneficial meaning behind it which lead us to eternal success, i think most of us tends to give up because reality make us live in fear, but it is because life is about suffering so why not try to enjoy it and live in a meaningful ways of live.😂
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.