Us (II) (2019)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 40 items
- Sex & Nudity (4)
- Violence & Gore (12)
- Profanity (5)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (3)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (8)
- Spoilers (8)
|MPAA||Rated R for violence/terror, and language.|
Sex & Nudity
- There is one kiss between a man and his wife
- A man positions himself for his wife to have sex with him
- A teen girl is seen in a bikini
- No nudity
Violence & Gore
- Many people are stabbed with scissors. However, they are always shown from a distance with no blood until the aftermath when they are seen dead in small pools of blood, however the blood pools are extremely rare. There is little to no blood in this film, and These scenes are never graphic.
- Two men fight on a boat with fists and a baseball bat, before eventually one is chopped up by the boat's propeller. There is some blood in the water, but it is incredibly easy to miss because the scene takes place at night.
- A person walks into a large fire and it is implied that they burn to death. Not graphic
- Some fighting scenes contain visible injuries and minor blood.
- It is implied that a man is killed, we do not see this happening because the camera cuts before the scene takes place.
- Many dead bodies are often seen in the background.
- A mother kills someone to protect her son, we do not see the actual killing.
- A man's leg is broken by a baseball bat offscreen, he is later seen escaping but steps in glass in the process, we hear him make noises of pain.
- A man recording a video is murdered offscreen it is shown on the television.
- A girl briefly cuts her cheek with a pair of scissors. Intense but not graphic
- A boy is revealed to have scars on his face, implied to be burn marks.
- Bodies that are dead are seen laying with a bit of blood.
- About 33 uses of "fuck", 27 played in the song Fuck the Police by N.W.A and 7 with normal talk. Also 15 uses of "shit," and 10 uses of "ass"
- Most of the f-words are heard in an NWA song, not that many are spoken by characters
- 2-3 uses of the word "anus" in one scene.
- One child character does use profanity at times.
- 7 uses of the n-word 7 uses of d-mn 3 uses of h-ll
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Jason Wilson asks a question ("What does 'I Got 5 on It' mean?") and Zora Wilson responds with "It's about drugs."
- Two characters are heavy casual drinkers, though this is portrayed in a comedic manner.
- A character says "I need to have a smoke" at the at start of the movie
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Two or three jump scares other than that just action
- Scenes with the doppelgängers might be frightening to younger audiences
- Very tense but only moderately scary
- A person has a burnt face. It is shown a few times.
- The film has a creepy atmosphere.
- There are humorous moments sprinkled here and there which adds some relief to some tense moments throughout the film.
- Scenes that contain Umbrae might be frightening to some viewers, As her smile is very creepy.
- A character names louie is in another characters walls the other characters name is Ella
Violence & Gore
- There is an intense fight between two main characters at the end. Punching and slashing with a fire poker are seen. This lasts until one is killed by being stabbed with a fire poker.
- Red is stabbed by an object, not graphic.
- A scene near the end shows several of the "tethered" people eating rabbits. There is a lot of blood on the faces of the people and you can hear rabbits squealing.
- The Tyler Family are killed by The Tehered Tyler's, (shown from a far distance) until the Wilson's comes and helps them, there is blood shown, and Kitty Tyler is shown crawling away and then has her throat slit offscreen
- A teenage girl is flung from the top of a car to the woods. She is seen later in pain dying while upside down. She dies.
- A girl is thrown over a banister, it is later revealed she is still alive so she is then killed. Another is beaten to death with a golf club offscreen. Another is hit over the head with a statue. One of the most graphic sequences.
- It is revealed that a girl swapped with her tethered. In a flashback, we see her being strangled until unconscious, and then handcuffed to a bed.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This film has a theme of duality and inequality as human beings in America and makes us think about who we really are. The ending is extremely twisted and has you asking so many questions about whose side you were rooting for when the film started.