Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
Sex & Nudity
- In the beginning, there is an around-3-second shot from an old film clip of Leon dancing suggestively with two women, one of them topless.
- A still photo from the set of Stanley Kubrick's "Eyes Wide Shut" shows a scene of women kneeling in a circle almost fully nude, only wearing thongs.
- A clip of a different scene from "Eyes Wide Shut" shows a distant nude woman, lying still, from the side.
- There's a reference to "sounds of the hooker" in Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket" with a shot of the character from behind, clothed.
- A brief clip from "Eyes Wide Shut" shows a man intimately kissing a woman on the neck.
Violence & Gore
- Some clips from Kubrick's "Barry Lyndon" include men heavily brawling, including punching faces and strangling at one's throat. An actor from the scene tells us he felt sorry for hitting the other actor so hard, but Kubrick told him to do it harder the next time.
- Clips of different scenes from "Barry Lyndon" portray gun duels and men getting shot (without blood). Also, clips from "Full Metal Jacket" and "Dr. Strangelove" are shown depicting heavy wartime gunfire.
- In both film clips and real-life, there are at least a dozen uses of "f---", as well as "d-ck", "sh--", SOB, "a--", "my god", and "damn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are some shots of smoking cigarettes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Aside from the violent film clips described above, this film isn't really frightening, as much as it can get sad in its descriptions of filmworkers having nervous breakdowns during a shoot, or Leon pushing himself so hard, it drastically affects his health.
- Leon tells of his father as a child in the first world war, who witnessed his mother get shot.
- Someone tells of a 16-year-old cat having a fit, then being given a shot and "put to sleep."
- An actor relates that in an audition session for "Full Metal Jacket", he would shout in front of extras, call them names, and say unkind things about their families. There are also clips from the actual movie, shown over this description, of his character seemingly doing the same.
Violence & Gore
- Clips from Kubrick's classic film "The Shining" include the iconic moments of the twin girls lying in the hallway covered in blood, and Johnny throwing an axe through a door.