The Loss Adjuster (2020) Poster

MIserable, messy, awful acting and not very festive
virtuafooty6 December 2020
A total waste of time.

Don't expect feel good, don't expect musical numbers despite the cast's background, and don't even expect much Christmas.

Expect arguing, confusion, a dead rat, bad scipt, terrrible acting (and even worse accents), and some terrible photoshop images over the end credits.

The only slight positives were some nice shots of London and Beverley Knight singing over the closing credits.

Rewatch amything else rather than watching this.
67 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely dreadful
grahamslimings5 December 2020
Don't really know what this was trying to achieve but it failed. Awful script, turgid story arc, terrible acting, 2 dimensional characters, predictable scenes. Lost interest after ten minutes and didn't get it back.
68 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watched it through only because we paid for it
simonelston7 December 2020
Just a really odd film. It feels like you're watching a school drama class. Some scenes feel like they are about to build into a comedy farce but just fade away, other scenes drag on and just as you expect the camera to cut away, it stays and the script muddles along for too long leaving you getting frustrated and bored. The directing is messy as is the script. It constantly feels like you're seeing the first rehearsal and not the finished article. Some elements and characters aren't needed; it's overly complicated and then the ending seems rushed for no reason. Sorry, wanted to give it a chance but it really was poor.
67 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally confused by what I have just watched
Somersetgal6 December 2020
Having seen the trailers thought this was going to be a feel good Christmas movie. It was not! In fact I'm not sure what sort of movie this was besides a badly acted one with a story that jumped around and was confusing. Luke Goss was so wooden, yet we know he can act maybe the Rom com is not the right genre for him. As for all the other characters in the film we didn't really get to know them and how they were relevant to Martin. Such as shame this film had such potential.
67 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some Losses Cannot be Adjusted
stuartsmith-9048011 December 2020
The narrative structure of The Loss Adjustor has all the integrity of the Columbia space shuttle coming into land, and much like the ill-fated craft, finds itself staffed by many otherwise great talents with no escape and falling fast.

And that won't be the only laboured aviation metaphor you're in for if you make the mistake of watching this thing.

However, if you are going to watch this, (and I suggest you find something better to do with 100 minutes of your precious, finite time on Earth), at the very least don't buy it with money.

After all, as Abi Branning, (freed from the shackles of EastEnders yet apparently condemned to an eternal cycle of locking up a North London florists), says to the titular Loss Adjustor, "there is no dress rehearsal in life". And honestly, when it comes to this production, you assume that to be true in more ways than one.
47 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
dianeb-6560013 December 2020
What a disappointing film this is. Terrible acting and just dull. This storyline could have made such a better film with the right cast. What a waste of money to rent . I was expecting much better after all the hype. Just don't bother watching it .
45 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad acting and a plot with no sense or passion
coombsstephen10 December 2020
What a shame to see a British film with a reasonable cast fail so badly. I have rarely seen a film with a plot that is so slow, weak and nonsensical. The film lacked any punch whatsoever.

The acting in the film is truly awful. The main character is so over acted it's painful and the rest of the cast give little feeling for any empathy.

Some of the scenes tried to be dramatic and poignant but failed miserably, as did the point of the whole story. Even the twist at the end was so obvious it was telegraphed.
45 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Omg I paid to watch this 🤣🤣
cjk-986726 December 2020
Honestly one of the worst films I've ever seen. It was quite painstaking to watch despite such a high profile cast. The only plus side was it was so bad it became entertaining . Most of the acting was terrible and as for the Aussie accent. Surely they have Australian actors in the Uk? Hilariously bad film but strangely captivating in its horror. Lovely to see London looking beautiful and of course incredible to see the stunning Joan Collins looking as striking as always. I apologise to the few actors that could act and to be fair given a better script maybe it wouldn't have been so hard to pull off for the rest of them
71 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
kathrynlovelock21 December 2020
This film is probably one of the worst films i have sat through, terrible acting, awful accents (really who cast the Australian)? If you were expecting a"love actually" feel good Christmas film prepare to be disappointed. Everyone who has given this a 9 or 10 must be related to the cast.
42 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good acting, shame about the rest
onexmillion4 December 2020
Many familiar faces here, Great actors all working to the best that was on offer.

Unfortunately, it looks like the budget was spent on the cast and little else. The script was a little flat and one level, no real highs or lows and lacking humour.

The soundtrack, same problem, like being stuck in an elevator and the production, scenes, camera work, had that kind of amateur feel. You know, the awkward camera angles and echo in the room.

You know what the film wanted to achieve, but was ultimately let down by dreary script, dreary soundtrack and production that had a somewhat amateur feel.
62 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crap
neilmurphy-0455911 December 2020
There are reviews giving this 9 or 10 stars. They are lying.
44 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very weird
traceybroon30 December 2020
It could have been brilliant if the directing was better. And the script better written. Odd pauses and wooden acting. I'm giving it a 3 purely because Luke Goss is in it.
38 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as you are led to believe
js-terry7 December 2020
This film is not as Christmassy as the cover depicts but that aside it is still a watchable film. A few well known British faces including pop royalty Martin kemp and former bros heartthrob and hear say singer. It's about a down on his luck insurance loss adjuster who's wife is at the end of her tether and leaves him at Christmas. A brief cameo by Joan Collins who plays one of his clients. Overall the film is ok but wouldn't watch again.
16 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
fun cute little movie
noelmckee9 December 2020
Different and i know london and locations worked well. and wow Luke like you've never seen before!
11 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic Festive Fun!
tomdavison-559029 December 2020
Went to see this in the cinema to get into the Christmas Spirit and I was not disappointed. A light hearted, well acted and written film to be enjoyed by everyone. Goss and Collins were excellent and the soundtrack was the icing on the Christmas cake! Will be rewatching next year and for years to come.
8 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
LOVED THE FILM
Michael-92-7034686 December 2020
This would not normally be the type of film that I would watch but I watched the film with my mother and we both really enjoyed it. I am sure many people will be able to relate to Martin (LUKE GOSS) and the world we live in today and was pleasantly surprised to discover how good Luke Goss was with the rest of the ensemble cast who were all great.

Would highly recommend the film.
8 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Subtle brilliance
blaketony6 December 2020
This is a low budget masterpiece. Thoroughly enjoyed this film. It is not what I expected but its subtle humour and deft direction achieved a cinematic experience that worked on a number of levels. It generated a warmth that growed from the screen.
7 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2020 needs this film, 100 minutes of Christmas
geos179 December 2020
Loved it, everyone needs to watch this film - very funny and very heart warming. A Christmas movie a lot can relate to and cannot get the song out of my head! 10/10
Ive had similar days!
bencaplan-269059 December 2020
Yep experienced some of the s...t we get in life and nice to see it shown in a movie and come out the other side head held high.
Love it!
karinalamy9 December 2020
Really really enjoyed this Movie. Great script and love the fact it appears to be almost exclusively filmed in.North London! Would definitely recommend 💗
7 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic Christmas Film. Must see this year!
Paul_Caton3689 December 2020
Absolutely loved it. Great film from start to finish where the humour needs to be. If your after a enjoyable Christmas family film this year please give this a watch.

Great acting from Luke along side Kim Marsh, Joan Collins and Guy Siner. Each actor was superb bringing their characters to life with great direction. The Director did a great job in great story telling.

Beautifully shot and lit very well. Along side great sound track to being it all together a must see Christmas film for this year. I shall be putting this on in the Christmas Season because we all need a couple of laughs this Christmas after the year we've all been though.
Christmas in a bottle
eoghanmorgan9 December 2020
Brilliant fun! Kym Marsh was the breakout star and Joan Collins is a class act. Would fully recommend to chase the 2020 blues.

I saw it with my partner (also a fan) but I could easily see this being for the family.

This is one I think we'll come back to every year.
6 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good film
paula_sen9 December 2020
Really enjoyed this film. Was good to see luke goss in a completely different kind of role to his usual characters. Was a very touching story.
6 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An enjoyable little film
caitys-631479 December 2020
As odd as it is an enjoyable little film. Picked it up off the shelf in Asda, and feel I got more than my money's worth of laughs. Good acting, good direction, would definitely recommend. Particularly enjoyed the scene on the tube!
6 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quirky Enjoyable British Comedy
ginakyprianides5 February 2021
I really enjoyed this little movie. A/. I thought Luke Goss was great in a very different role for him, really showed his acting ability. B/. Joan Collins just proves that you can still look gorgeous in your eighties and command screen presence - sh'e fabulous. C/. I was surprised at Kym Marsh - she plays the part so well. Guy Siner made me cry. Michelle Greenidge made me laugh out loud. There are some very touching moments in this movie and it's a really different story - unlike the usual run of the mill schmaltzy stuff we get dished up for Christmas. Well done all round I say.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.