The Ledge (2022) Poster

(2022)

4/10. Watchable but not recommended.
athanasiosze6 March 2022
The actors are terrible, the script is ridiculous, the editing is messy.

Nevertheless, i give it 4 stars because i like free climbing and there are some nice mountain shots. And there is tension.

This is not a good movie, it is often unintentionally funny but it is also somewhat amusing. If you are seeking for some mindless fun, there is a chance you won't regret watching this.
25 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
High Octane Thrills That Works Despite Some Awful Dialogue
flowerstardust19792 February 2022
This was rather bittersweet in terns of being a great thriller. On one hand you've got a great story, high tension, horrible villains, great cinematography ect...On the other hand you've got 3 bad actors, terribly cringeworthy lines and some serious face palm moments.

However, it still succeeds as an edge of your seat thriller despite it's bad points. With pretty much unknown actors and I assume shot with a lower than average budget it does work very well with and the intentions of the story pay off.
31 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved it, watch it.. Just don't be too critical
arrmeen3 February 2022
This is one pleasent surprise. I actually liked this movie. Right from the first frame it keeps you hooked , and does a fine job till the end. Yes, it has some filmy over the top moments, but c'mon it's a good thriller overall. Such movies should be encouraged, all the actors played their part well. The rock climbing scenes have been filmed well too , yes there is obviously some CGI but it doesn't look cheap. Screenplay and story are good to keep you entertained till the end.

Good job Mr Director and crew.
36 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow
bdean-7636728 February 2022
Will somebody please explain to me how movies as poor as this and with such ridiculous story lines actually get funded? Acting is clearly low budget but the stupidity of the story just becomes irritating!
39 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How, just how?
Casino-Royale2 June 2022
How do they get funding for such horrendously written, badly acted trash?

Don't even get me started on the totally ridiculous climbing scenes. UTTER garbage.

Oscar for worst movie of 2022 actually worst ever!
21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too low budget, but compelling nonetheless.
benjaminskylerhill10 July 2022
It certainly suffers visually at times from the film's obviously low budget. They simply did not have the money that they needed to pull off some of the script's more action-packed sequences, especially toward the end.

The actors are all satisfactory, but none of the performances stick out as being memorable.

What kept this film very much afloat for me was the compelling characterization established at the beginning that kept these people interesting to watch for the story's entirety.

Each of the three men is distinct in their attitude toward the crime their friend Josh commits, and I found myself really interested to see what they would do next and how they would adapt to their friend's psychopathic tendencies.

Josh, as a villain, was cold and truly sociopathic and intimidating. He's written better than the actor portrays him, but it all gets the job done.

The lead character, Kelly, has a past that makes us want to see her succeed, and she is smart and resourceful enough that I kept rooting for her through the whole thing, pumping my fist in the air whenever she got the upper hand.

The Ledge isn't a paragon of depth, nor is it especially well-crafted, but it's a solid, well-paced contained thriller with a little more meat than average on its lean bones.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simple plot but it makes quite a fine film.
silvermistvio13 February 2022
"The Ledge" is something that I didn't expect I would see. Basically, I don't like to see films about mountain climbing, space exploration and robotics. I always feel like those films are boring. But this "The Ledge" films quite makes a fine film and didn't make me feel boring. I watched the whole thing even I was kind of feeling sleepy and it didn't make me fell asleep. So, I'd say it's not that bad.

As for the film, the plot is quite simple, but the director quite managed to make it not to seem boring. That being said, I still feel like the dialogues are a bit weird. But it's still okay.

All in all, although the plot is quite simple, but it was kind enjoyable. Even though this film wouldn't make one of the best you watched, I think at least, it can make you quite enjoyable for first watch.

P. S. The plot written on IMDb is quite wrong, I think. She didn't fight with four climbers. She only fought with one big guy.
14 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
an enjoyable small cast thrill
thewalkingpuns9 June 2022
This was a pretty enjoyable movie, once the plot started on. The best thing about the movie was brittany ashtons role as kelly. She was well likeable and I rooted for her throughout the movie. Other cast were good to and I also liked the rock climbing sequences, because unlike most times, it actually seemed pretty realistic. Overall and enjoyable indie movie, but couldv'e been made better if the other characters had a bit more to them.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ledge achieved what it wanted to achieve
actormarczammit17 September 2022
Ledge is a fun film that keeps you on the edge of your seat making you feel anxious for the characters. This is a hunt film, predators Vs prey and survival of the fittest and I feel the film did exactly what it was to set out to achieve. The score is awesome, fantastcially directed, the acting was decent, and it was cinematic.

I give this film a solid 8 as nothing is perfect. There's a few places in the film I felt knowledge gaps and script could of been stronger but that's just my opinion and I respect any filmmakers creative vision and choices.

I enjoyed Ledge and I recommend the film, just be ready to go on a rollercoaster. I'm looking forward to seeing more from Howard Ford!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did this end with a cliffhanger ?
alexjaymain6 June 2022
This movie is probably more disturbing than films on disturbing film lists. It is very good at keeping you gripped all the way through. It is not as boring as the title suggests. This is really edge of your seat stuff from beginning to end. Strong 8* definitely worth the watch.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Average...
Thanos_Alfie28 February 2022
"The Ledge" is a Thriller movie in which we watch a climber being trapped on a mountain while four killers try very hard to reach and kill her. She has to find a way to defend herself and of course survive.

Since I did not have high expectations from this movie I was not disappointed by it. It had a simple but predictable plot something that made it boring at many moments. The direction which was made by Howard J. Ford was average, without succeeding on creating the proper excitement to the audience watching it. There were also a few moments and scenes with suspense but they were not enough to save this movie. To sum up, I have to say that "The Ledge" is an average thriller movie to spend your time and I believe that if you are a fan of rock climbing movies you will find this one boring.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lol
marttito2420 June 2022
This is the type of movie you find at the gas station, complete trash. The actor that plays the main antagonist Jesus Christ that dude is terrible. I thought he was bad at the Christmas prince but his performance here is laughable, and his friends are just as bad, my god what a bunch of wimps. The Actress that plays Kelly puts on a decent performance only because she rarely talks in the film and the flashback with her dead boyfriend was cringe, Boyfriend sounding like a sensei from a karate movie "use your mind not your muscles" give me a break! This movie is terrible.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Waste Your Time!
jen0801872 March 2022
Too many unanswered questions, unrealistic in every way! Where are they? What accent do they have? What happened in the past that they keep bringing up?? Why does the mountain scenery continue to change from every point of view?

Save yourself and don't sit on the "ledge" of your seat for this one!

No cliffhangers here!
24 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty solid low-budget survival thriller
whackcar5 February 2022
I don't get the 5/10 overall rating it has. It's definitely better than that. Aside from some pacing issues & bad language, i don't think there's much wrong with this movie. The ending felt rushed though. Definitely very watchable if you like this kind of movie.
15 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you like mountaineering
tux-124 June 2022
The story is simple and you can guess the end. But actors are good. Boys are nasty, and girls (Brittany Ashworth and Anaïs Parello) are pretty. If you have done some climbing you will enjoy the cinematography. It is film-making at its best, the director Howard Ford knows his job, and the result is impressive. Some reviews are very negative, but without giving any valid argument to justify the criticism. I really liked this film, and I wish success to all the team who participated.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Enjoyable enough to watch
ckoushappas4 February 2022
Worth watching it! Maybe not that great effects, not that great acting but still it hooks you at your seat till the end!

Not suitable for persons who suffer from acrophobia (fear of heights)
17 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So bad... it's alrightttt.
EversonMovies5 June 2022
It's not quite "so bad it's.good" but so bad it's alright. You have to see the film for what it has to work with, small budget, newer actors and limited editing resources (you would assume). Bearing that in mind they have done pretty well with what they had, some acting is abit cheesy at times. But they keep it at a fair 1h 30m. You mentally judge this becuase your used to seeing blockbuster level work, but factor in "you got to start somewhere" it's an ok watchable film.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute rubbish
zebra2111224 March 2022
Don't know why this movie is getting so many undeserved highish ratings. Any potential this may have had was squandered with a lazy script and a lot of misogynistic rantings. Poor visual effects, poor script. Only watch if you can't be bothered looking for something else ... then again, maybe not even then!
14 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unpretentious but entertaining enough thriller
johannes2000-127 September 2022
Beforehand I had some doubts: watching people endlessly climbing a mountain didn't seem very entertaining. But it turned out as a surprisingly good, and actually pretty intense thriller. In spite of the limited setting (after the first 20 minutes the rest of the movie takes place on the same extremely small ridge on a steep mountain), and the fact that the outcome of such movies is of course predictable (I mean: who do you think they will allow to win a cat and mouse game between a besieged innocent heroine and a relentless obnoxious killer?!), it still keeps you on the edge of your chair until the end, to see how she will do it.

Brittany Ashworth does a fine enough job, but Ben Lamb takes his role as bad guy way over the top, probably triggered by his character being pictured so intensely evil that it becomes a bit ludicrous. And the previous history of heroine Kelly, as seen in the flashbacks, was too cringingly sweet and melodramatic for my taste, the story could very well have done without it.

But for the rest: I was perfectly entertained!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was supposed to be Italy?
draftdubya7 August 2022
Why in the heck they had a boa constrictor from South America in this? Tat one guy turned on his friends in a heartbeat. It's no way that guy would've got away with any of this.
4 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
excellent
justmypost7 July 2022
Never a dull moment. Loved the slow-moving photography. Don't be put off by the idiot reviews. This is a very entertaining movie. Unless you expect perfection you won't be disappointed.
5 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Defo filmed in a studio...but watchable
keeping-it-simple6 June 2022
An okay movie to watch, I wouldn't say it's the worst they're are other top 50 bad movies that could take that place. I think some of the ratings are harsh but understandable. At least a 4.5/5.5 so I went with 5.

If you like climbing then you want to like this move for what it is...but I have to admit the acting and the lines bring the movie down. Sometimes the acting is okay.

If you can get past the first 15 mins of cliche acting and "one liners" 😉 then it a fine thriller...just set you're expectations.

I mean the movie did something right as i watched till the end and I wanted the killer to get what he deserved...so it got me involved emotionally to an extent (take that with a pinch of salt).

Also anyone else notice that the film aspect ratio is weird?! More of the top aspect is cut than the bottom half and not centered?? I suspect it's because towards 2/3rds of the movie at the upper end ledge part of the filming the rock face is visible from the camera frame from above and below lol...you'll know what I mean (don't want to give away any spoilers)
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie I've ever seen
andrediogo-0794128 February 2022
You know those movies where you get angry issues with every action from the victim? Well that's a great option. The main actor is the most stupid/ dumbest person on the planet. The plot itself is really bad.
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty impressive for an indie movie
kipper-1221 February 2022
I'm not into thrillers, but I like climbing and I was keen to see some nice mountain scenes. I ended up liking it: acting, cinematography, editing, even the plot was good after a slow start. Definitely recommended.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Over the Ledge....
ginasharp26 August 2022
We enjoyed this movie but be sure to go into it knowing it is over the top as far as what characters do. The main character is like a superhero as far as rock climbing goes but still a decent movie for entertainment. The scenery is beautiful and it keeps u on the edge of ur seat or ledge. Haha.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.