Coming 2 America (2021) Poster

2,138 Reviews
Shame On Everyone Involved
halem-19314 March 2021
Shame on the actors, shame on the actresses, shame on the director, shame on the producer, shame on the studio and shame on me and you for watching.

Literally every single person I named and every single person involved knew this sucks, the script sucks, it is not funny, it drags down its prequel sand still went ahead. There cannot be one person who read this script or the proposal for this film and thought it is good or funny. Yet, the project proceeded. They even bagged all the original cast who surely definitely clearly must have known this sucks (because they were in the original).

Clearly, respect, quality, talent or reason are not important or considered.

Do not watch this unrelated and unfunny film. Have extra time on your hands? Watch the original again - or better yet go for a jog or fast walk to lose weight.
211 out of 260 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Where Are All The Anthropologists When You Need Them
lougheed19766 April 2021
Isn't this why you studied anthropology??

The first one was funny and clever and interesting and well-acted.

This one? Unneeded, boring, forced and trashy. Yes, humanity is devolving. Look at all the new actors and actresses. They are human trash.
92 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They have all forgotten why we watch movies or 'comedies'
les-hargrow11 April 2021
The cast and crew of this sequel and all of Hollywood have forgotten why we watch their films. They are collectively clueless.

I watch it to have fun, laugh, park my brain at the door, see beautiful flaunting women and be entertained. I don't sit down on my azz for two hours so you can show me how string women are, watch a disgusting slob be licked down there or listen to a sermon about how fat is in.

This film is 'comedy' for anyone who thinks McDonalds is food.
88 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop making sequels!!! Negative 1 score
james-moffat-retired5 April 2021
If you were born late 60s or the early 70s, you have the advantage of appreciating good film. You have the knowledge that a plot means far more than the disgusting parade of hos and trashy cows of today's absurd productions.

I will not comment on this film other than it's an embarrassing, unnecessary and stupid sequel.

AVOID

Have time on your hands? Watch the funny and charming original again.

PS: THAT is not music.
76 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
3 Stars Because The Original Was Good
james-in-7021015 April 2021
This one was not funny. The only funny thing is they had 30 years to come up with something funny and this is the result.

Only Lisa McDowell/queen seemed like she can still act and has kept her figure too, but perhaps not coincidentally I thought she was cringing at what's happening around her and the whole sequel business.

Recall how we were rooting for the couple in the original? Recall how we were excited to see what happens next? Recall how we felt happy when the bride's veil was lifted?

Do we cheer for anyone in this one?

Is there anything funny about this one?

The slobby low-class cow they have in this one is enough for you to hurl. Is it still categorized as a "comedy" is it is not funny?
63 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pass
jamie-hussein-to26 April 2021
They had 30 years to come up with something interesting or funny and this is what they came up with!!! It is almost scary.

Could the human species be dying?

Hint: no good ideas should mean no new film.

If everyone in Hollywood goes into severe shock and has seizures suddenly you know it's because they just read that sentence.
44 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All the Bad Reviews are Correct
marymcfarland-018667 March 2021
Good God....this was a terrible movie. I made it halfway through and then I couldn't take it anymore. The storyline is ridiculous, the Leslie Jones, Wesley Snipes and whoever the hell the son is characters are intolerable. This movie is not even a little bit funny...I mean...jeez. Everything about this stupid sequel is an insult to the excellent original film. What a disappointment.
601 out of 803 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
REQUEST
janisman22 April 2021
Could we have one successful movie that does not have a sequel?

Could we have one new comedy that is actually classy and funny?

Could we have one movie where the little girls do not beat up men twice their size?

Could we have one movie where fat is not normalized?

JUST. ONE.

CHEERS!
35 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horribly Disappointing
Linda19735 March 2021
The movie looks cheap with some bad and obvious CGI. There is no charm like the original had. The actors seem like they're doing an imitation of their characters, if that makes sense. Too many lame and recycled jokes. And there was a strange scene near the beginning that felt totally out of place where they jam Morgan Freeman, En Vogue, Salt N Peppa and Gladys Knight all into a five minute period that felt horribly forced and painfully unfunny. Which pretty much sums up the whole movie...horribly forced and painfully unfunny.
841 out of 1,157 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They tried.
kmckienz5 March 2021
I appreciate the plethora of cast that returned for the sequel, but the humor fell flat for me. It was predictable and failed trying to recreate the humor of the first movie. The CGI left a lot to be desired as well.

I hated giving this low of a rating, but it is what it is. Perhaps others will like it more.
603 out of 867 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It reminded me why I don't know/follow any newer actors or actresses
MuratH2023218 May 2021
Wow they stink. They are all trashy, base and completely devoid of looks, talent or class.

And Hollywood wants us to pay for these!!!

And Murphy and Hall know exactly that what I write is true. They have been around long enough.

Watch old movies if you have to watch an American film.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good
debellum7 March 2021
Best thing about this movie is that it brings back all of the actors. Worst thing about this movie is the movie. Great idea but horrible storyline.
298 out of 428 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I watched it... It ended... I immediately forgot it...
doug-332675 March 2021
I never expected it to be better than the original or even close. Even in today's movie world they could have done it better. Love the actors. Yet again I'm left asking myself, Am I the only one that feels that these money grabs take a little bit of the magic away from the originals?
529 out of 777 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dammit!
custar555 March 2021
Only good part was the barbershop scene. This movie needed Darryl, soul glo, more McDowells and a different reason to come back to America. They were in America for 5 minutes. Looking so forward to this movie and it sucked. Leslie Jones and Tracy Morgan were not needed in this movie either. You screwed up Eddie. Arsenio's character was nothing like the first movie. More annoying that funny.
394 out of 596 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can't watch this movie
yaplex8 March 2021
It is not funny at all. Nothing comparing to the original movie. Jokes are stupid.
199 out of 294 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Sequel Ever !
osrbill7 March 2021
Way too much time passed where this could have made any sense. The original movie was brilliant and they wrecked it for me. quit while you ahead ! Flat out too many cheap CGI effects. Story line sucked ! Watch it if you want to waste your time.
206 out of 309 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Leslie Jones ruined it.
breadgunner-944546 March 2021
The first movie was awesome because it had great flow so didn't need constant loud irritating jokes. This sequel is ok until Leslie Jones turns up to constantly interrupt it by being a vulgar loud mouth every 4 minutes.

I waited 30 years for this movie and Leslie Jones ruined it in 60 seconds.
323 out of 493 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Believe the reviews
ray-6840215 March 2021
Yes, this movie is awful, but I still put a very good deal of thought into coming up with a list of things are redeeming about this movie and make it still worth watching if you have not yet done so. Here is that list:

109 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tired. Mostly unfunny.
garrettbaroni5 March 2021
Very very disappointing. The son character is cringe worthy
309 out of 480 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It could have been great but...
ThomDerd13 March 2021
It's a 5.7... and it's trying to be a tribute to the first film-which was epic-but not a good tribute. Some jokes are good, some characters are ok (e.g Wesley Snipes) but the story and the writing are so lazy and uninteresting that instead of a comedy, it's a sleep-athon. I give it above 5 because I liked the music, the performances, the costumes and the fact that the original cast got together for this. And for some nice jokes here and there. But...why didn't they try a bit more? With the likes of Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall you can get a great comedy. However, these guys didn't seem to enjoy much being there. The pace is slow and the energy is low in about 80% of the film. Tracy Morgan is not adding anything new and Leslie Jones... was more annoying than funny. The plus points here are that it's indeed a feel good movie if you don't fall asleep... 5.7/10 They could have tried a bit more.
40 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Straight to video
fishybowl5 March 2021
If this was the 90's , the only place you could find this ,is at the close out shelf at the video store .
271 out of 428 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AWFUL!
Smartfox325 March 2021
This movie doesn't even deserve a review. Pure and utter trash.
320 out of 510 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As expected.
mikeadams-872935 March 2021
Terrible sequel and an insult to the original. I only endured the full 2 hours as I was in hope it could redeem some value towards the end. Alas, I was not rewarded for this. It was all dreadful.

The best part of the movie was the small amount of outtakes during the end credits, they gave more joy than the movie itself.

Avoid this and rewatch the original.
258 out of 409 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the best they could do?
ducativiper7 March 2021
I give them credit for bringing back nearly everyone from the first one but that's about it. I don't understand why movies are lacking these days. It is completely forgettable and there's no worse way to describe a story than forgettable.
150 out of 233 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Physical Pain
wjxmjwn11 March 2021
This film actually hurt my soul to watch.

If you haven't watched it yet, avoid at all costs. If you're half way through and you've come here hoping the rest of the world feels the same way then don't worry, yes we do. Turn it off.

If you're like me and you reached the end then listen - we won't get that time back but that's ok. Some things in life come to test us, like this very, very poor part 2. It's made me a more humble and patient person. Thank you for that Eddie. But don't you DARE make a feature length sequel to Trading Places.
110 out of 168 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.