Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 44 items
- Sex & Nudity (5)
- Violence & Gore (12)
- Profanity (9)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (4)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (8)
- Spoilers (6)
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, strong language, suggestive/drug references and thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- There are moments of innuendo around 'touching' someone. to make them 'feel better'.
- A man under the control of another character flirts with Drax. This is meant to be comical.
- Peter comedically tries to flirt with people throughout the film.
- Some characters have revealing outfits or don't wear shirts.
- A few oblique references to promiscuity.
Violence & Gore
- Many scenes of violence including laser gun fights, stabbings, slashings, characters being decapitated, blasted nearly to death by fantastical powers, and crunchy fistfights.
- Characters sustain various injuries, including sights of blood, burn wounds and a man's bloodied and disfigured face after he has almost been mauled to death. A person is reduced to a charred corpse after being blasted by fantastical energy.
- A woman is shot in the leg suddenly, as she screams in pain. Blood is visible on her pants.
- A man is pushed off a spaceship and slammed onto the ground. He is killed and smashed against the ground several more times.
- The bullet shots in the human skin are detailed and can be seen with blood.
- Occasional blood, both from aliens and humans.
- A woman largely comprised of robotic parts stretching and contorting her broken limbs as she reforms after be3ing injured.
- A woman's arm is broken during a fight, with the break being clearly heard as she screams.
- A person is reduced to a charred corpse after being blasted by fantastical energy.
- A man is attacked by an animal, clawing at his face
- Several large explosions, some injuring people caught in the blast.
- After being threated, a man wipes out an entire room of people.
- Peter Quill yells 'f*cking' in a non-sexual context, a first in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- '*ss' is said six times, including paired with 'hole' at least once.
- 'H*ll' is said twice.
- 'D*mn' is said at least once.
- 'B*tch' is said.
- 'D*ck is said at least twice.
- 'P*ss' is said.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain, including 'God' said at least once., and 'Bozhe moi,' which translates from Russian to English as 'My God.'
- Minor name-calling throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Aliens are briefly seen dealing an unnamed drug. Later, a man refers to dealing 'meth' in a clearly condemnatory manner.
- One of the protagonists appears drunk, and is referenced as being a pattern of behavior.
- Peter is seen drunk at the beginning and passing out.
- A scene takes place in an empty bar.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several dark, brutal, and upsetting scenes throughout, including some heavily disturbing, discomforting, and thematic.
- Rocket's past is extremely upsetting and dark and very sad.
- Some of the aliens can look weird and slightly scary.
- Lots of intense, sad breakdowns throughout the movie
- While largely a comedy, there are has many extremely sad elements and horrible flashbacks which may be upsetting to watch. The darkest film in the series.
- Many instances of animal abuse, some being extended and detailed. May be difficult to watch.
- The main villain is very cruel. May be intense.
- The extended climactic ending is quite intense.
Violence & Gore
- Lylla is shot in the back and killed onscreen, with no blood or wounds. The dead bodies of Lylla, Teefs, and Floor are also shown a few seconds later, where Teefs has no head. Dimly lit with minor blood.
- Rocket is injured, foaming from the mouth, and in pain, and eventually lies catatonic on a medical table as he is monitored.
- One man's face is revealed to be a mask, when removed we see his bloody skull with his eye bulging out
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Sequences of animal abuse/testing. This may be hard to watch for some viewers
- The main antagonist is shown in a flashback shooting Rocket's friend in the back, causing him to break down and cry very loudly. This is a very intense and emotional scene.
- An instance of torture/experimentation on one of the protagonists when they were young is viewed by several of the other protagonists. While not shown, the abusers shout while mechanical sounds and whimpers/cries are heard. The viewers are on the verge of tears and comment on the severity.