Invincible (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Long time Invincible comic fan.
Laquatus26 March 2021
I am a huge fan of the Invincible comic. Knowing Kirkman was involved with the show made it more likely it would follow the spirit of the comic. I never have an expectation that it will be the same story or exactly like the comic and I hope you don't either. So far, in the first few episodes it has stayed true to the main story arc and feel of the comic series. The voice cast is spot on and it is as adult as it must be to hold true to the story. I am enjoying this immensely and I think you will too.

Update: Finished 1st Season - It went from a 9 to a 10. It is perfect. Watch this show.
306 out of 354 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
hot damn.
Bwent26 March 2021
I think I'm gonna like this show. Violent, irreverent, entertaining. Seems like it will be able to hit all the same marks as "the boys" but without budget limitations. Which is awesome. And the star power of this show is incredible. Seriously look at that cast list. I'll definitely be eagerly awaiting new episodes.
184 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What we needed in animated series
kthngm26 March 2021
Invincible really increases the standards in animated tv or web series by showing good character development, emotion, great ton of action and pg-18 violence which is kinda cool. Best thing is, every episode is 40 minutes instead of 20 😬
147 out of 186 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
sexyrocks1827 March 2021
I have no clue of the source material but happy they kept it animated. Not what I was expecting but epsidoe had me hooked!
111 out of 141 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Promising
jonathancg-1288427 March 2021
I watched the first episode and after the ending i just had to binge watch the next two. It was just as mindblowing as when i first read the Omniman arc.

I don't know why people are so mad that there's gore in this show. I mean, it's not for kids, the story is mature and trust me, if there were superheroes and supervillains in real life, the gory deaths would be an everyday thing. I have read all the comic book series and for the people that thinks everything is predictable i just have to say that they're right... and they're totally wrong as well. Just keep watching.

The plot is well written, characters are credible, voice acting is good, animation is not perfect but not bad either. I'm getting hyped with every episode and i just can't wait to things that will come next. Mindblowing will be a recurring word as you watch this show.
107 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well worth the wait
stephenboud-3523727 March 2021
Stays true to the source material while changing small details around so it doesn't follow the comic scene by scene.

Nearly all character designs and animation are extremely well done and stays faithful to the comic book. Some of the minor characters have had their ethnicity changed so you may not recognise them at first but it won't matter to viewer's who have never read the comics.

The voice acting is excellent with a incredible cast which really brings the comic book to life.

The shocking scenes and gore are even more detailed and added too than the comic book was giving both fans of the comic and people who are new to the series a suspenseful, exhilarating and gut wrenching watch.

Simply a brilliant show to watch so far.
93 out of 127 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good lord, this is intense!
I am completely unfamiliar with the comics this is based on and I don't really care unless they leave the story unfinished, so I can't say anything about how well it adheres to the source material but I do know this: You gotta watch this show!

When I started with the first episode all the characters seemed annoying and I couldn't care less about the teen melodrama or whatever so I was questioning my decision. And then... the ending of that episode... holy hell! I was not expecting that at all and I was caught, hook, line and sinker. If you are squeamish, stay away from this one but I got desensitized to the violence and gore by the second episode and you're gonna *have* to do that.

The plot is extremely interesting while some of the characters are not. Most of the characters weren't really likable for me but I was intrigued by them. They're not really relatable but still interesting? I don't really know how else to put this. Couldn't care less about the love lives of the teenagers but I suppose it's mandatory or something and it becomes tolerable eventually except for the bit with the legal loli(?).

Omni man is the MVP without a doubt and Homelander can learn a few things from this fellow. Speaking of which I had strong 'The Boys' vibes from this show throughout but it was still quite different. I am indifferent towards the main character though (that goes for most characters actually), I don't know what but something doesn't feel right with him. He should be going through some very strong issues but it seems like he's pretty unaffected by it all. Human lives aren't valuable here at all to any of the characters, it seems. The voice acting is great and the animation is good for the most part even though the show tends to get attacked by bad CGI quite a lot. But still, the setting is so unique and interesting that it just completely overshadows all the negatives one can have.

Highly recommended and I can't wait for the 2nd season.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome fun!!
Clive_W29 March 2021
Hell to the yes, so far off to a very strong start, some nice changes to the source material (These aren't major changes more rearranging of events), if you like the Boys, I would recommend giving this a try, the animation is fantastic, an all star cast of actors, and an awesome eventful story, I look forward to seeing where the show will take us. And if you haven't read the source material maybe watching this will get you interested. Sit back and enjoy, just don't forget the popcorn!

Update from s01 finale, just wow, that was an awesome, adrenaline fuelled first series, I can not wait for the next instalment, bring on Conquest!!! If you haven't read the comics I won't spoil what is next to come.

This show has to be one of my new favourites out there, great story, great voice actors, awesome animation and wow the carnage is just top level. Had me on the edge my seat, jumping in the air for excitement. Also loving the little additions to the story and the alterations to the source material. If you haven't seen this yet, check it out, well worth the watch, just make sure your got plenty of munches around as you won't want to leave.
73 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
JLA Meets The Boys And Then Some
JTReviewsPlus26 March 2021
Prime Video's (and Robert Kirkman's) Invincible adds another interesting take to the popular superhero genre. Filling the void of The Boys this year, Invincible is: mature, action-packed, visually stunning, charmingly written, perfectly acted, and so much more. I admittedly haven't read the comics but I was always aware of them and from my understanding, the show so far is staying true to the source material which is amazing. I love the world the creators setup, the heroes are oddly familiar in terms of looks and powers yet they are strangely different at times. It's extremely reminiscent of The Boys in that sense. The characters are heroic, funny, and transparent with one another (for the most part) similar to the Justice League animated series. While Invincible contains some superhero tropes, it's done on purpose and there's always something interesting happening thanks to the strong writing and perfect cast. I cannot wait to see what happens next. Suffice to say it'll be very hard for me to wait so I may just read the comics too!
67 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far so good!
DiCaprio-HardyFan26 March 2021
So far, Invincible has been everything I expected and more. I never read the comics so I was exactly sure what to expect but from reading up on it and watching the trailer I knew it's the type of show I usually like so I thought I'd give it a chance. I'm glad I did bc so far it's pretty good! The voice over cast has to be one of, if not the best, of any series ever! It almost has the star power of a animated movie.
37 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Superhero show I've seen
noahsarc-979831 May 2021
This show reallyyy doesn't hold back. Atleast a few times an episode my jaw dops.. especially episode 8.... 10/10 This is it's own thing, Setting the bar insanely high 👏
35 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I 'd give the entire series a 10 but its just
ThomDerd3 May 2021
Just a tad...violent. Great voice cast and a very good story makes this series a must if you are a fan of the superhero genre . I know this is from a comic dated around 2003 but i never read it and it doesn't matter. You can enjoy this without any prior info; its still pretty darn good.

Maybe you will need to be a bit patient for the story to clearly develop at the end of the 1st episode. From that point on, it's a winner.

The story arc between mother, father and son is excellent. And further on some of the characters which you will encounter are just phenomenal; Machine head, Robot, Rexplode and Cecil are just a few. They are also voiced by an amazing selection of actors which will entertain you. Let alone the world building; one of the best in the superhero genre.

And yes...it's super woke, but so what? It didn't affect the main story line and the connection between the characters.

Just keep in mind that this is an adult show. And that its a tad violent.

9/10 for the great voice cast and good story. Give it a go.
59 out of 93 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WOW
xmarkiminxx11 May 2021
After the ending of the first episode I knew this show was going to be great.

Can't wait until season 2 and 3!
18 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Compelling story with great action, but not without it's flaws.
bradleycarrington5 May 2021
I just binged the first season of invincible and loved it. It felt like being a kid again and watching my favorite super hero cartoon since it's basically the same thing but with adult themes. I will say the first episode is very slow and feels like a cheap DC knockoff. I feel like they did that purposely just so they could show the twist at the end and give us that feeling of "just kidding, it's not what you expected". But the first 40 min were so bland that I almost stopped watching. Also, even though this has more of a game of thrones vibe, where you never know if a character will live past the scene, there is still no shortage of plot armor and plot holes. Some characters will be strong enough to destroy a planet without breaking a sweat, but then find themselves struggling in a fight against something that is brought down relatively easily. And then vice versa some weak characters manage to survive when their stronger counterparts are brutally killed.

So it's not as true to life as I was hoping for from a gritty Superhero show where the good guy doesn't always win. However if you're just looking to relive your youth through a gritty adult lense and aren't affected by the occasional cartoon cliche or plot hole, then I can't recommend this enough!
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Invincible is here and it is good
diogolaforga7 April 2021
Invincible is an adaptation from the Image comics, that tells the coming of age story of Mark Grayson and his family in a world full of super people and tries to have another take at the super hero genre, by imbuing it full of drama, action and adventure.

Despite the colourfull cartoons and the juvenile setting, Invincible is pretty much an adult show.

The animation for the most part is pretty fluid and impactful and the story engaging and full of twists and turns.

I´m not a purist by all means but comparisons are inevitable. The structure of the story was tampered with and I still think that it was way better in the comics. I can apreciate the fact that the show screen writers tried not to simply copy from the source, however, the story ultimately suffers from these alterations by making it more standard and formulaic. In the comics the characters also have more depth and it takes the time to explore other themes and introduce everyone, but that´s understandable.

Most notably, the twist that comes in the form of the revelation of said character, in the animation it sort of happens as you are watching but in the comics the revelation is shown differently and comes with a big bite that scars deeply.

My only gripe with the show is that it fails to depict the parody that Invincible story telling was famed for. The fact that it didnt take itself too serious alowed it to show and toy with the clichês that the genre had popularized.

The "cartoony" art direction consolidated this further, so when the violence kicks in the contrast is very intense and everything worked in tandem to that effect. It elevated the series by differentiated itself from the overpopulated genre.

In the show it just looks like another world event like Marvel or Dc , where they take everything as serious as it can be expected, wich in this case makes the violence feel like an aesthetic choice, just to subvert your expectation, you konw, because this is a cartoon.

That said, it is a great show with lots of entertainment and full of promise.
27 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show make more
tristanostara27 March 2021
Hurry up and make more episodes, it is a great show.
43 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty Good!
DiCaprio-HardyFan10 May 2021
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A perfect work of art !
A perfect comic book adaptation indeed. It's amazing in every sense.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good show
ShutTheUpBy10 May 2021
I like the title card its very funny because it just cuts off what the character is saying which is funny. Very cool writing and animation and voice acting.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show. Simply put just amazing.
neerajperso13 May 2021
This is a spoiler free review.

If you like dark and gritty superhero specials like the boys which have become their own genre, you will love this.

Give the show some time to grab your attention at least till the end off episode 1.

The characters are well written and none of them just seem like a plot device. The protagonist (invincible), the antagonist(*spoiler*) and the side charcters are amazing(especially Cecil and robot).

Loved this show.

Giving it an 8 becoz the animation on fights were amazing but sometimes felt a bit out of place and I still think there was parts of world builing that could've been done better.

Could go deeper into spoilers to discuss the nits and grits but I want everyone to enjoy the show themselves.

Have a nice day 😌!
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow!
sucraf27 March 2021
So much better than the Boys and I like the Boys. The first episode was good until the ending. Then it was great. For some reason, the show seems to be put together amazingly well. I think the human part of being a superhero wasn't really developed before like in this show. Everything is really well done. Can't wait until the next episodes. Can't really wait until the make the movie. Hopefully sooner than later. Also, how does Image comics not get sued by Marvel or DC. Some characters are copies of their characters.
42 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gets better and then BETTER!
talaveraf12 April 2021
After finishing EP5 I have to say perfect animation, story development and overall superb timing to the twist and turns of the unexpected. I'm 42 years old and loving every minute of this show with my son of 18 years of age. Freaking awesome!

Amazon Original making a stand with the rest. 10/10 🌟
24 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We need more of these
Puroo5 May 2021
Ever since this show was announced, somehow I had a hunch that this was going to be epic. I got an Amazon Prime subscription specifically to watch this. And wouldn't you know it, it turned out to be exactly what I was hoping it to be. In the recent years I have grown really into superhero stuff movies, TV shows, video games or cartoons. And now this is my favourite adult cartoon of all time.

Amazon Prime chose to release this episodically every week. If this had happened a year ago I'd have been really pissed, but because of shows like The Boys, The Expanse and American Gods, I had grown used to this format. Every time I got a notification telling me that a new episode was out, I word immediately watch head. That is how much I loved it. And each episode embedded in my mind so powerfully that I didn't even need to watch the recap in order to remember what happened in the previous episode.

The story was filled with surprises, right from the first episode itself. In the beginning of the first episode it seemed as the Mark's struggle is only going to be about him trying to get his superpowers which he was supposed to get at this age. When he jumped from the roof of his house expecting to fly I was expecting him to fall down just like any other cliched superhero show (I am looking at you, The Tick!). But it turned out the story went in a completely different direction. Mark grayson was like a mix of Superman and Spider-Man, someone with indestructible powers trying to manage his is regular life. And his father, although initially appeared to be like an ideal superhero, turned out to be what Invincible was meant to fight against.

The animation, the music, the voice acting, even the title card - everything about this show is definitely worth a praise. You can actually see that the creators of the show must have made a lot of effort trying to to replicate the charm of the comics on the screen. After having taken my Amazon Prime subscription I have started reading the comics on Kindle. This show has been very true to its source material which is something we normally do not see in superhero TV shows or movies as they expect that certain things will not be adapted very nicely on the digital screen.

Invincible is a cartoon that I would highly recommend to anyone who is into adult superhero theme something which is slowly catching wave as time passes by (The Boys, DCEU, Brightburn, The Tick, Doom Patrol, Titans, Netflix Marvel etc). This is one of the good ones that shall be remembered for time to come. I can't wait for the next season.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch this with children!
archangestelle27 March 2021
I did not know anything about the comics. The first episode shocked me so hard I am still not ready to continue. No words.

Don't watch this with children!
49 out of 98 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Off to a very interesting start.
vquietrain26 March 2021
Will probably update this review in the future, but episode one was great.
26 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.