Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 7 items
- Sex & Nudity (1)
- Violence & Gore (2)
- Profanity (1)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (3)
|MPAA||Rated R for language, violent content, some sexual material and brief drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- In the final 20 minutes, Marlowe is walked through a club where we see a woman in lingerie dancing on top of a bar, as well as a seemingly naked woman lying down with money strategically covering up any nudity.
Violence & Gore
- A woman's body is found, and we're told that she had been raped and burned with cigarettes before having her throat cut. We see her face and neck caked in blood and cuts.
- A few fight scenes
- The f-word is used nearly 20 times, and the s-word is used six times. We also hear a couple instances each of "a-," "b-ch," "d-ck," "d-n" and "h-." In addition, "whore" and "bloody" are used a few times. God's name is abused five times, including twice being paired with "d-n." Jesus' name is misused twice. We also hear a few racial slurs against both Mexican and Irish people.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Virtually every character in the movie smokes cigarettes.
- There is talk of drug smuggling, and we see a man snort cocaine.
- There are references to intoxication.