Pennywise: The Story of It (2021) Poster

Finally! IT's here!
mf281215 August 2022
I've been waiting on this documentary for an age. I don't know why it took so long, but boy, it was worth the wait! I've seen many photos of behind the scenes but never any film so this was a treat. I much preferred the kids' stories in the first part (Tommy Lee Wallace) but I think that the second (Larry Cohen) suffered more for some reason even though in its day it was much easier to get away with adults being harmed. There's also a great section on John Ritter but not much of a mention of Harry Anderson but that's probably down to him sadly passing away a couple of years ago so around halfway through this production. All in all I'd highly recommend this to anyone who has an affinity to the 1990 mini-series. A great watch!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must see...
mr-bedford31 July 2022
If you are a fan of the original TV series IT, then you must watch this fascinating 2 hour insight, I'm not going to say anymore, just watch it. It contains a lot of information you may or might not know and it's great to see how the cast have aged over the years, or in some cases it barely seems like they have.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant documentary of a not so good mini-series!!
neilv-531686 August 2022
With someone that's always had an interest in Stephen King's works, IT was always a story that intrigued me the most. This documentary covers everything from interviews with the original cast, Tim Curry's make-up tests and behind the scenes footage. It's a documentary well overdue and surprisingly it took 22 years to make. Highly recommended!!
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Required viewing for fans of the 1990 miniseries!
joshua-marsella6 August 2022
A brilliant and welcome companion documentary for any fans of the 1990 miniseries. As a huge fan of Unearthed & Untold: The Path to Pet Sematary, I was stoked to hear that John Campopiano was working on a documentary about the 1990 IT miniseries and that most of the remaining cast would be part of it. The interview clips were great with the cast often reminiscing on the behind-the-scenes hijinx that went on during filming. It's nice to know that the process of making the iconic miniseries was a pleasant experience. If you're a fan of Stephen King or this miniseries, this is a much-watch! Thanks to the creators for their years of hard work to make this documentary.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.