Infinite (2021) Poster

(2021)

Nick Cage would have liked to be in this movie.
ThomDerd13 June 2021
You can tell that this script was taken from a book and was pressed into a 1h 45min runtime for Hollywood.

Result: Stupid plot without enough character development, over the top acting, silly one-liners and too much bang-bang to cover up the plot holes and the inconsistencies.

Good things: The actors seem to have taken the material seriously. Also, the photography is up to par here with great sets, beautiful visuals and the action sequences are impressive.

So that's a reason to watch if you want to switch off and just kill some time with this mindless flick. I personally didn't hate it but...the plot...can't be saved.

Maybe if it was 2,5h long it could have been a bit better...? We will never know.

5,9/10.
188 out of 217 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting concept, lacklustre execution.
TheUrbanIntrovert11 June 2021
I don't really have much to say so I'll keep it short & simple, the opening with Dylan O'brien was energetic & amazing. It got me hooked instantly but as soon as Mark Wahlberg entered the picture, it got boring & became a by the numbers action movie. What a waste of such an potential & interesting story. Mark Wahlberg was a terrible choice, he looked so uninterested. They should've just made Dylan O'brien the headliner instead of Mark Wahlberg, he was obviously the better choice between the two. Man, what a letdown.

P. S. - Chiwetel Ejiofor was awesome as always & a delight to watch as an menacing antagonist even though the script let's him down. Dude always brings his A Game.
122 out of 147 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Matrix made by the Kardashians
peostoyanov11 June 2021
Out of context and misunderstood ideas chopped from the eastern philosophy and patched together in utterly ridiculous and boring mess. It's a shallow people's "deep" movie.
196 out of 246 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful.
rockyshaefer10 June 2021
Started with an interesting concept, but revealed itself to be a Trojan horse of manure as it descended into a ludicrous suckfest with atrocious CGI.
172 out of 229 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flat...
davidlisbon12 June 2021
It's an expensive amalgam of cliches.

Flat in many levels, especially acting and plot wise.

It's maybe a good "sunday afternoon" movie if you want to waste some time.
54 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Infinite Shark Jumps
brandywreath12 June 2021
We got tricked by Walberg being in it and thinking it would be a great action flick. They had the actors. They had the budget. They unfortunately had.... Too much CGI and not enough people saying "bad idea".

Wow, wow, wow. Completely ridiculous CGI stunts where lesser would have been better. Use at least a few real stunts.

I almost threw my remote at one scene it was.so ridiculous.

Save your minutes.
86 out of 112 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disrespects its audience.
petetaylor_9710 June 2021
Absolutely dreadful movie that completely disrespects it audience, unless the audience they're going for is the under 12's..

A movie so full of cliches it hacked itself to death. Don't worry about understanding the plot as, after all, the writers didn't.

This is a movie where they tried to get as many fight scenes and stunts in as possible, they thought this would make up for a lack of script, it didn't.

If you give up your cash to watch this, then remember, the makers are laughing at you.
137 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A disappointing mess..
satellite_2005110 June 2021
Infinite had an interesting premise however the way it has been executed is far from satisfactory. The idea of how there are two contrasting lives fluctuating the universe could have been turned into an exciting film but director Antoine Fuqua ruins it all with a tepid execution .He focuses on gloss with substance taking a complete back seat! It becomes so hard to endure this film after a point . Mark Wahlberg is decent but there is a reason why this was dumped on Paramount plus! Disappointing!
115 out of 162 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hollywood is lost & mindless
edgarkaz11 June 2021
Great concept but very horrid execution. Wtf is up with all these movies who just pour money into stupid mindless action scenes. Why can't Hollywood take a note from movies like Raid & Man from no where when it comes to action scenes. This mindless fast and the furious illogical fantasy crap is pure trash that appeases the lowest IQ of people or people who want to turn their mind off.
65 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Action borefest
dashx-8495810 June 2021
Fast and the furious meets highlander, but more boring than the both.

I couldn't even sit through this, it just feel like an empty "thriller" that didn't have any thrill to it, a roller coaster that you've ridden 1000x before and might excite the kiddies but lets face it you've there is nothing unique here and if you've been around the block a few times you won't even turn your head to look at this one.

The movie would have been great if it explored the story in different ways, and spent more time in the "past lives" than in the present. This could have been an assassins' creed style movie that explored all the different periods of history and it should have spent way more time there instead of brief flashbacks.

That would have been way more interesting, but instead they spent the budget on driving cars through buildings or insane car chases with the typical "explosive endings"

I couldn't even finish this, I watched it because it had such a high rating, and honestly I'm giving this a 1 star just to even it out because it's a 3 at best... but it doesn't take much to please people who've probably never watched a movie in their life.
113 out of 162 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A very intriguing concept...
steveo12210 June 2021
A very intriguing concept turned into a big slick shiny MarkieW look-at-me object requiring constant 'juvenile fiction' level narrative exposition and incessant suspension of disbelief to the point of disassociation with reality, One of those scripts that won't even obey the parameters of the physics set by the world they created thus making 'stupid' the subtext of what would otherwise be really cool action and ideas.

I wrote that a half hour in and didn't need to change it by the end.
79 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure toilet
JungleManki10 June 2021
Awful music; terrible editing; noisy garbage film.

Antoine Fuqua has lost his way.

1/10 unwatchable crap.
106 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Matrix meets Dumb and Dumber
valeriorinaldi-3636123 June 2021
Some individuals on Earth are able to remember their previous lives. Among them there's a group of people that is tired of their consciousness jumping from one body to the other, who decides to end all life on the planet.

Mark plays Mark. The blonde plays Trinity and the Mad Scientist plays Dr. Frankenstein Junior (unfortunately deprived of any sense of humour).

They constantly and relentlessly destroy their surroundings using weapons or vehicles and it is uncertain if their main goal is really to preserve life on Earth.

The characters' lines seem to have been copied from Dumb and Dumber.

You've been warned.
26 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As it is, Infinite is nothing more than an inoffensively entertaining flick that could have been much, much better.
msbreviews10 June 2021
If you enjoy reading my Spoiler-Free reviews, please follow my blog :)

I really appreciate Antoine Fuqua's career as a director. From the beloved classic Training Day to the highly entertaining The Equalizer films, Fuqua has demonstrated skillful handling of action sequences. As expected, Infinite delivers several fighting scenes and car chases, mostly riveting and quite enjoyable. The third act gets extremely over-the-top concerning the action set pieces, which are only tolerable due to a special yet underdeveloped character trait that ultimately justifies the more absurd moments. Mauro Fiore's camera work and Conrad Buff IV's editing are decent enough, but the last act features too much shaky cam and excessive cuts for my taste.

Story-wise, that's where things get tricky. Ian Shorr's screenplay boasts a genuinely interesting premise with exciting world-building to support it. However, the tiresome voice-over from Mark Wahlberg - who offers a good performance just as the rest of the cast - holds heavy exposition that's then repeated in dialogues across the movie, stretching the runtime unnecessarily. This narration rarely adds anything relevant to the story or impacts the viewer's opinion about the protagonist.

In addition to this, it's one of those films that carries tremendous storytelling potential but never reaches it. Personally, I truly find the concept intriguing, but its development doesn't leave the base of its premise. In fact, just by watching the main trailer, most of the world-building is given to the audience in those few minutes. Honestly, in better hands, this movie could have been the beginning of a new franchise with infinite - no pun intended- possibilities to make sequels, prequels, spin-offs, or even trigger the start of a TV show.

Rating: C.
65 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did not live up to expection
yusufash11 June 2021
I saw the trailer for this movie not too long ago and was expecting something great. I was under the impression that I would be watching an action packed sc-fi movie with a enticing story.

Unfortunately, this movie fell short of my expectations. Right off the bat the movie throws you into a monologue from the main character telling you about the story. There seems to be a strong attempt to relate to the audience which did not work for me. There was more telling than showing for the first 1/3 of the movie to try to set it up.

In addition, there was a significant amount of obvious CGI. With what looks like is a large movie budget, the dialogue and visuals fell short of expectations. There were too many cliche moments. This is a movie that one can sit back and enjoy, but not one that I would recommend seeking out.

The concept is very cool, however the execution was disappointing.
32 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Movie is a Mess
umair_kj10 June 2021
After all these reincarnations these morons don't even know walls have ears. He gives away Important information just like that and more than half the movie is him trying to get his memory back, truly infinite idiocy, only thing good about this movie was Chiwetel Ejiofor's acting and Dylan O'Brien scenes.
71 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What did I just watch?
dormouse-6020710 June 2021
Who wrote this? A 10 year old? The screen play is extremely amateur and childish, and the acting is equally horrible. Who ever told Marky Mark he could act should be slapped. Could barely make it through half the movie.
56 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just chill, sit back, and enjoy the fun ride smh.
Top_Dawg_Critic11 June 2021
You'd think with the lack of choice in blockbuster films over this pandemic, people would be more appreciative one comes out that is packed with action and fun, and has an A-list cast. But no, instead everyone is comparing this film to other movies in disappointment.

Who cares, just turn your brain down, grab some popcorn and a bevy, and sit back and enjoy the ride. Sure some CGI wasn't great, but when a film has a budget (Wahlberg's salary?), I'm sure some cuts were needed to stay within it.

The 106 min runtime flew by with the perfect pacing. Cinematography was on point. The writing/story was fun and refreshing with decent action. How can anyone say they couldn't understand it, or that there were many plot holes. I understood it perfectly, and saw zero issues with the plot. In fact, I thought the story was very cohesive with great continuity, and flowed smoothly and effectively.

Contrary to what the critics said, Antoine Fuqua's directing was spot on. Casting was decent and Wahlberg with all other cast performed great and were convincing. Whichever film you plop Jason Mantzoukas in, he does not disappoint, and his role as the Artisan will certainly draw some smiles.

I wasn't impressed with the score, and it sounded very B-film-like, and I was getting annoyed at that constant very distinct Transformers sound effect. It wasn't necessary and very out of place.

Nevertheless, it was a fun and entertaining film, and I certainly will recommend it for a one time watch. It's a well deserved 7.5 rounded up to an 8/10 from me.
63 out of 101 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The only good thing
ASBKnight15 June 2021
Is the song at the credits :)

decent movie to fast-forward through, but has more holes in the plot that swiss cheese.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
if Wanted and Assassins Creed had a baby which was raised by Fast and Furious
OfficialBadPug10 June 2021
If you've ever enjoyed either of those movies, youll enjoy this.

Its not a movie that is overall complicated or hard to watch, if you just watch the movie for what it is instead of trying to analyze it like a 9th grade teacher looking for hidden meanings, you'll have fun.
85 out of 149 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lost faith in Walberg
sonof-7110914 June 2021
What, in the name of everything that is good in this world, have I just watched?

The acting was excruciating, the movie was absolutely pointless, is Hollywood getting dumber and dumber?

The only good in this movie was Chiwetel Ejiofor who created a great character, the rest were lame.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I liked it, but remember it was just a movie
peanutsdad-6538610 June 2021
Was a great concept, was a good origin story. Sequels would be great. I watched it. I enjoyed it for what I was. It's not gonna get an Oscar, but it wasn't make to. I was an action flick with a good story. Other reviewers need chill out. It's a movie!!!!
45 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shocking poor
danielosuagwu-9234812 June 2021
This movie was shocking story line was everywhere... cummon Mark.
21 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really liked it
randanaever11 June 2021
I like the idea of the movie. Fitting the entire concept into an hour and 46 minutes proved hard. It's an action film with good effects and good characters and a nice change of pace. This story would honestly make a great series so that some of the story line could be stronger. It's leaves you wanting more.
19 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Someone tried to make new Matrix movie
lord_of_destruction17 June 2021
Honestly i never write reviews but please tell me im not crazy and this movie actually ripped off some major plot developments form Matrix LIKE IN AN AWFUL WAY 🤣🤣 even some quotes are 1:1 but in different set up.
14 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.