The Wild Pear Tree (2018)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 5 items
Sex & Nudity
- Two characters share a kiss on the lips, however, the shots that accompany the kiss are somewhat impressionistic, and the kiss itself is not depicted in close-up.
Violence & Gore
- A physical altercation briefly takes place between two men, however, they are only visible from a distance, and another man intervenes in order to subdue the aggressor. A character sustains injuries which are visible for much of the film.
- Contains occasional use of "fuck", as well as use of milder terms such as "shit" (in Turkish). The Turkish profanity "am", meaning "cunt", is used liberally throughout the film as part of an exclamation (e.g. "amina koydum"), however, its literal meaning is not reflected in the subtitles of the English language version of the film, and its use, in context, is more akin to "fucking" when used as an adjective.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Contains infrequent depictions of tobacco use. Men appear to be smoking in a teahouse in spite of a sign stating that smoking is prohibited. Passing references are made to alcohol consumption. The film as a whole does not endorse or promote substance misuse.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are two instances in which characters appear to be hanged, but are ultimately unharmed. There are also two instances in which a character (also depicted as a baby) is asleep whilst covered in ants.