Trolls World Tour (2020) Poster

Great movie to watch high
ccampbellnj15 March 2020
Watched this high. Weird movie.... probably the only way to watch it
234 out of 293 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh
amyfrazier-4405516 April 2020
It was ok. My kids (ages 4 and 7) lost focus many times while watching. The music was pretty good, but nowhere near as good as the first Trolls movie.
48 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Where was the difference between genres?
purrfectfire1 August 2020
What happened?! The humor is different - no clever jokes like in the first movie. The morals are all over the place, the heroine is more of a brat than ever and the stereotype of the other music genres are just insulting to each genre besides pop. The music chosen for each genre is also not representative for the different genres and who thought casting Rachel Bloom would be a brilliant idea for the second lead as Rock princes when all she seemed to have done are pop-parodies. I can't say anything about her acting qualities but she is not convincing as the queen of metal, rock or even pop-rock. The songs for each other genre then pop where butchers and instead of showing how beautiful all the different styles, cultures and people are, they made it sound sooo much alike. I'm more then disappointed.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TROLLS: World Tour is <3
ivkmaganito6 April 2020
With all that's happening in the world right now, this movie is perfect. I liked the first Trolls movie, but I LOVEEEEE this one!! I love animation movies in general but this franchise is definitely some of my favorites. I think I may be a bit biased because I love both Anna Kendrick and JT, and their friendship offscreen too. But one thing I didn't like as is the fact that Anna's vocals are still not as featured in the soundtrack, even though she is the lead character.
86 out of 125 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pop hasn't ruined the world..it is still one big party
Gordon-1114 March 2020
Initially I thought this film would be just cute characters singing pop songs all the time. In fact there is a plot which touches heartstrings too. The colour scheme is kaleidoscopic, and the music is infectiously catchy. It is one big party, but it also has a message for adults to think about. I enjoyed this way more than I thought I would.
46 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mixed messages
michaelkemp-9316912 April 2020
This movie cannot decide if it wants to support individuality or group mentality. Early on there is a lesson about people being people no matter who or what they are. Then halfway through it explains the dangers of homogeneity. By the end, it tried to teach the old separate but equal thinking. I know it's a movie made for children, but there was no clear message. My 8 year old daughter asked me what the moral of the movie was, and I didnt know what to tell her.
51 out of 75 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A complete mess
tillman-8987812 April 2020
This film is just a colourful incoherent mess.

We were big fans of the first film in our house and have watched it numerous times. So when we heard there was going to be a sequel we knew we'd be heading to the cinema. Alas that was not to be, so when it was announced the film would be avaliable to rent via streaming we decided to rent it on Easter Sunday. I'm thankful that I didn't have to trek to the cinema to watch it but annoyed that I paid over £16 to watch it in the comfort of my own house.

The first film had character and charm, catchy songs, and a decent story that conveyed an important message. This film has none of the above. The storyboard consisted of nothing more than someone throwing an obscene amount of glitter at it and then craming as many songs as possible into it. And none of the songs were 'Get Back Up Again' standout.

Clearly the scriptwriters couldn't agree on whether Poppy was right all along or wrong all along as both are confirmed to be true. They then decided to tack a 'music comes from within' message to the end as an afterthought copying the 'happiness comes from within' one of the first film.

Obviously I don't expect an Oscar worthy movie from a Trolls film and there's always an element of copy and pasting the formula of the first film with sequels. But this film just missed the beat everytime. For example they reused the character pooping confectionary from the first film but completely omit the Bergen which is criminal.

If I could give a minus score I would.
64 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a wasted premise
mr_dylan_brown5 July 2020
I was so excited to watch this one with my kids. The first movie had a pretty good plot, likeable characters, and some good songs. All of this combined with the premise of different genre music trolls sounded pretty cool.

But the plot is convoluted and moves and breakneck speed. Queen Barb is annoying and the music is just one long mashup with no actual songs.

Also, when I think of a female singer to introduce the country trolls I think Reba or Dolly Parton. Nope they used Kelly Clarkson. All of the genres are Pop doing an imitation of it.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trash
brittnie-alexandria0919 April 2020
What on Earth was this? I watched the first Trolls with my son and was taken aback by the quality of story and music they had for the first one. The arrangement for "Sound of Silence" was so surprisingly good it made me misty eyed... The music in this sequel is beyond subpar... The continuity is confusing and has nothing to do with the first movie, to the point that I'm literally lost how the first one could have happened in this Troll universe. Honestly, I am not surprised on how dumbed down this movie was. Also- the movie says "different music for each land", yeah, it's all pop. Don't waste your time.
56 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Booooooo👎👎👎
signofmah24 April 2020
Why they want to learn childrens that rock is evil!!!
33 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A CARTOON ATTEMPT TO BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER
clarkishome17 March 2020
I had watched the first trolls and enjoyed The story, friendship, and music. I went into the second movie with high hopes and expectations. I understand the message that they were attempting to portray in the movie to all children, but doing so took some of the fun out of the movie. Kudos for the message that they were attempting to send to all children and adults, but doing so took some of the fun out of the movie. Overall, it was somewhat slow but still a fun watch. Whether your children get the message or not, they will still enjoy the movie.
41 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I do not like this
dmboudreaux29 April 2020
This movie makes me feel oppressed for liking rock/metal.
28 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Untrue.
stella_8129 April 2020
A world where everyone looks the same and listens to the same music? That's pop music. Pop music devours any genuine idea and repeats until it loses any meaning or value. Rock has always been a subculture where one could be different, original, in a word: themselves. Kids with a healthy knowledge of rock music will feel heartbroken and misrepresented because of this cliche-filled movie. As for me I love Rachel Bloom and would have loved to see her in a part where she could let her talent shine, here she gets lost in the background.
15 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brutal
farotech10 April 2020
Really bad. The first Trolls Movie was fantastic. This was just pointless and horrible. No storyline just a desperate attempt to put 50 songs into one movie. My kids lost interest immediately. Really bummed.
63 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kinda want my $20 back for renting.
tkf771711 April 2020
Loved the first trolls, but wow what and underwhelming, cracked out ride. We're they on opioids when they made this movie because some parts are so random and the story is lacking an actual story. Where are the Bergens? Also, hate when actors get changed out some voices not the same.This movie lacks focus, lacks good songs, and a good storyline. Very disappointed!
31 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most forgettable movie I have ever seen. .
CrazyCockatoo200318 April 2020
In my opinion, this sequel is very forgettable at best when in comparison with Trolls 1, which is slightly better than this movie. The problem with this movie is that they have used so many clichés that it's not even funny. In fact, they used nearly every common cliché you can think of. Furthermore, why is Branch depressed again, and where the hell did DJ Suki go? What I did like about it however, is the impressive animation and the fact that they are diverse to other cultures by having certain music genres from other countries such as Korea, Africa and Scotland. If you are a fan of Trolls, I would recommend it, otherwise it's best not to watch this movie as you might get bored. Personally, I am glad this sequel went straight to digital because of how forgettable it was.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent feel Good film for the kids in this crazy time we're going through
kassagardner6 April 2020
Fun feel good film for the family, My 6 year old Daughter absolutely loved it! Just what we needed, a little escape as we were planning to go to the movies to watch
50 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definitely hit their target audience, but not much else
thelastplanet17 April 2020
Predictable, shallow plot. Wished they would've included more of the genres of music and done something original. Where was "Classical"? Forgotten, as always. Rock is inevitably made to be the "bad guy", it almost makes me sad that the stigma carries on. Overall, nothing new really shocked or surprised me. Some of the songs were nice, but are easily forgotten.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor
phart99912 April 2020
The first was truly excellent

This seems rushed, quick we need a film quick we need a theme

Not very original, all bits put together, not real foot thumping tunes.

The plot so obvious even 4 year old knew what was going to happen!

Such a shame
34 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good
danialajorlloo23 April 2020
Not good with rock music fans! And makes you hate rock music!
27 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was pretty good
deothor7 April 2020
I still enjoyed Trolls 1 bit more. It packed bit stronger emotional punch.

Either way I'm happy I watched Trolls 2. It definitely isn't a weak sequel :)
27 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
TERRIBLE STORY LINE
luvroyalty12 April 2020
Storyline is weak! Given a 1 because I can respect all genres of music. Other than that movie is trash!
33 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My god that was crap
findudeldej11 April 2020
Such a waste of time. A conflict from nowhere appeared just to make a second movie and then turned out to be completely pointless
28 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not Good
sadrasamadzade23 April 2020
One of the richest genres of music is rock and i donno why but everyone is trying to just make a bad picture of it children's minds and of course they grow up and they'll be the same people who say rock and metal music is satanic and one of the greatest genres of music is ruined in their minds by this cartoon and the idea of the rock music being bad. Im not saying that the children will get any of that but i believe the unconsciousness to be a powerfull thing.
23 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plain and shallow script
yoel-segal11 April 2020
How many time can you repeat the same message of people are different but alike? the script writers sure their audience are very stupid...
42 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.