The Queen's Corgi (2019) Poster

Why all these weird reviews??
RubyMouse7 June 2019
This is a perfectly adequate movie for all the family. There are some amusing moments, nice cameos and although the story is fairly predictable it should keep everyone entertained on a rainy Sunday. It's not as good as Paddington and it's not aiming for an Oscar but I have no idea where all these 1 star reviews are coming from - or the accusations that it is full of drugs'n'sex (LOL!) There were more drug references in a 5 minute episode of the Magic Roundabout than the one (implied) comment here. The "violence" is threatened and no dogs were hurt during the filming of this movie etc. etc. If you or your child enjoyed A Dogs Purpose, you'll probably like this.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Save money
euromaster198426 February 2019
Just went to this movie today, but the first 10 min didn't caught me. The storyline sucked and jokes for the adults are bad. My son wanted to sleep because he got bored. Never had this with a movie in a loooong time.
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Do not bother! This movie is not for children
artmargo16 February 2019
We were more than excited to watch this movie. The trailer seemed very promising. What a disappointment it was. The beginning was ok but the rest was just dreadful. This is not children's movie. Many inappropriate jokes your child should not hear.

All in all what a waste of potential and money. They spent 20 mln to create this? Not worth it. Do not bother. If you enjoyed the Paddington movie then this is not for you. This movie is definitely not for 6-7-8 years old children.
45 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Promising trailer lousy story
rosaliethomassen25 February 2019
What a disappointment. After a promising trailer we went to the cinema. Apparently all the funny scenes were in the trailer. The rest was boring. A very predictable story line. It made me fall asleep. My 4 year old son found it a slightly more amusing than I did.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect for its audience
jessevasse27 February 2019
Today I watched "The Queen's Corgi" together with approximately 20 other people. The majority of the audience were children, as was expected. Furthermore, a fluffy, cute lead was enough to satisfy these kids - as was expected.

The movie attempts to entertain their parents as well. For instance, there is an obvious 1999 film reference. This reference is actually connected with the story. Did the writer/director think that such a reference was enough to achieve satisfaction? I think it takes more than that to entertain the older audience.

Personally I truly consider the story to be flawed. Themes were all over the place. At first, I thought the theme would be obvious (conceited lead realizes that the world does not revolve around him). Nevertheless, this realization was not that visible in the end. It also tries to discuss, among others, the importance of solidarity, true love and class differences. Ambitious, but I do believe it was a bit too much for this movie to handle. The focus on solely one or two of these significant themes would be much better in my honest opinion.

Moreover, I had the feeling that parts of the movie were not connected at all. In the beginning, Wanda clearly tries to connect with Rex for non-romantic reasons and then suddenly she has developed true feelings for him. No explanation whatsoever! What was Wanda thinking? Rex did not change that much during that period, right?

Also, in the very beginning Rex is quite cocky (like Woody in Toy Story), but what does the movie want to tell us in the end? Accept it, since there is a chance that a worse person replaces the cocky one? I truly missed personal growth from Rex - This has been executed so well in movies like Toy Story.

Nevertheless, in the end, does it really matter? The kids in the audience were clapping in the end. They really enjoyed some funny scenes! I watched a lot of (animated) movies in the cinema and rarely experienced an applause. Conclusion: Despite its flaws, it is perfect for its audience!

P.S. Do not watch the movie if you adore Trump. The director clearly does not portray him as a sharp person - lol.
19 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst children's film ever made
antony-692 June 2019
It only gets 1 star because I can't five it a lower score than that!

I have no idea why any actor would put their name to this.

Good children's films entertain children whilst adding in a modicum of humour for the parents to smirk at. This film simply contains adult humour that is inappropriate. Melania Trump talking about the size of Donald Trump's baby-maker is not child friendly in the slightest. What makes it worse, is that it's not funny, at all.
7 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I have no words it was bad.
masonsteen26 May 2019
This film would've gotten 0/10 stars if Donald Trump didn't show up.
12 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrendous
grantrs31 May 2019
I don't normally comment on films but after putting this on for the children it didn't take long to realise this film is not for children. It's also not for adults either as it holds no entertainment value whatsoever. Therefore this film is a definite avoid!
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's horrible
mikrofar8 March 2019
Wasted time and money. scenes and the script is very bad
21 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst kid movie ever
gabriel_c_s14 April 2019
If you think cartoon movies are targeted for kids, except movies like Shrek where the adult jokes are still kid safe, this movie is full of adult jokes that are definitely not kid friendly. There wasn't a single laugh at least until the intermission, because we couldn't stand to watch the rest of the movie and abandoned the cinema room.
16 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
some good laughs
tonimanganelli17 May 2019
Some funny jokes and a cute queen gave me good laughs...I didn't expect more, so I couldn't be that dissapointed. The animation is quite good for a european movie and the queen and his husband look hilarous :)
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful film don't waste your time.
jbhuk9 June 2019
Not to sure where to start here but the voices instantly make the corgis unlikeable. The actors doing the voice overs were awful. This is not a film I'd waste my time or money on and certainly not take the kids to the cinema. The plot was awful. This is my first review as had to just get it out that the voices will instantly make you hate the film. Awful awful
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not for child
guidojrosario14 March 2019
Totally inappropriate content and definitely not suitable for children. Strong scenes of violence, drugs and sex that I do not recommend any parent to see with their children.
23 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
....Where Do I Begin?...
masonrobledo6 June 2019
I... i.... don't know what to begin.., keep in mind this isn't the UK version, it's not out until July, so I watched it online because I'm not going to give the studio any money, even before the movie, the trailers looked awful, nothing amazing and nothing funny at all, so I knew that I'm not paying money to see it, so I ended up watching the US version on YouTube and.............. wow..... I mean...... wow, this is garbage.... so let's talk about it.

Rex is the Queen's favourite Corgi, but after escaping from Buckingham Palace, he ends up in a dog pound, meets a few friends and a few new enemies, wants to go home before this other corgi claims to be the Queen's "Top Dog", I mean really..... what did you expect?, a original story with a great narrative?, nah, let's make it kiddy and harmless, that'll make the big money, this film is just predicable from beginning to end, the humour is not funny or effective at all, when it comes to it's slapstick it's also not funny or effective, when it's tries to be dramatic and sad, it misses the point since you don't care about what's going on, there are no twists or surprises here, it's also quite boring surprisingly, nothing really grabbed my attention, there was far too much going on, need I say more?, the writing is just lazily done and it's executed poorly with really unfunny humour and tries far too hard.

The animation is the only redeeming quality of the movie, now.... it's not good, far from it, but it does have some good points to it, the character animation especially on the Queen, Prince Phillip and Donald Trump does look quite funny and well animated, It's got nice backgrounds especially in Buckingham Palace and many more, it's not a terrible looking animated film, HOWEVER, it also has this generic look to it, the character animation looks like they have straight-to-DVD quality to them, the Dogs especially the ones from the pound look far too bland and nothing interesting about how they look, yes you can tell them apart but they still look generic, it also doesn't offer anything new from a animation stand point, everything remains down-to-earth and in a way, cartoony, the animation is not really awful, it's just too bland, generic, it has a Straight-to-DVD quality or even TV quality, I get it has a small budget, but it still doesn't look at that great.

All of the characters are not memorable or good, not one is redeemable or funny, they are all awful, unfunny and annoying, Rex is a completely unlikeable character, claiming he is the Queen's "Top Dog", being too posh and slightly winey, the other Corgi's are nothing special, even though one of them turns out to be the main antagonist of the movie for no reason then to pad the movie out longer, not only that but the villain's reason to do this is just plain stupid, the dogs from pound are forgettable, maybe expect for Wanda who's slightly interesting but that's not enough, Jack is a annoying supporting character, Tyson is not a very threatening villain and the other dogs are stereotypes, doesn't help that the voice acting just makes things worse, I mean yeah it's not truly awful but they sound so bored and so uninterested, nothing stands out in their performances, the characters are like children, they may have energy and comedy, but they can be very annoying and forgettable, again there is not one character in the film that stands out or is good, which makes it worse thanks to the mediocre voice acting.

Wow...... this movie is bad, no, no, no not bad...... TERRIBLE!, easily the worst animated film of the year along with being the worst film of the year so far, it's now one of the worst animated films I have ever seen, it's not funny, it's not clever or charming, it's has generic and somewhat poor animation, characters that you don't care about, a story that is all over the place, it's predicable, dumb and one of the worst things about the UK is that this film exists!, please... don't go and see it, I'm sure the UK is better but I can't be bothered to see it since I already see this version and it's already enough for me, i don't recommend this to families, unless if you are interested then sure go and see it but trust me, it won't be that good, take the family to see the Secret Life of Pets 2 which is waaaay better then this or wait till Toy Story 4 comes out, as for this, this deserves to be forgotten and be a piece of trash, but I will never, ever, EVER! talk about this thing ever gain,

This movie could get a 0/10, but since IMDB doesn't have that, it gets a 1.1/10...
Not for children
jeanineperezcookie5 June 2019
I saw the trailer and it looked promising. I watched the movie and it is very weird. The jokes were inappropriate and terrible. Never going to watch this again.
No need
keljaneh4 June 2019
In an age when we are teaching our children it's not ok to be sexually aggressive and No means No you have a Female dog that will no take no for an answer from the male lead !! Totally inappropriate for the younger audience. Sexual references, Donald Trump being his lewd self asking if some one was playing footsie with him and referring to his wife as a dog. All this in the first 20 mins. All this throws up questions from a 8 year old that pays very close attention to the world. I'm shocked and appalled. This film looked promising and funny from the trailers. Disappointed and shocked. Walked out.
Not that bad
nhok_dinico20 April 2019
It was not really bad as people said, I really enjoyed watching this movie, my sister love the dogs in the film, except one scene was kinda not appropriate for kid.
11 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rubbish
alan_crow7 June 2019
Very poor film, kids were bored after 10 minutes! Do not waste your time or money.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a very good movie
bluenv-5329926 April 2019
This movie is very good, wit, the corgi dogs are so cute, my kids love it, they want to watch it again.
13 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should we laugh or get bored?
alberto-meroni-19 March 2019
Although the 3d version of Trump is funny, the rest is pretty boring.

My 4-year-old daughter, who usually laughs even the simplest things, never laughed and even asked me to change channels.
11 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!
lfp-mailbox25 April 2019
Me and my 8 year old loved the movie! It is very good for children and adults! Congratulations to the Belgians!
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not for kids!
tansilkilic16 April 2019
Full of violance, bad behavior, sexism, fight scenes...
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rocky's Corgi
jayfawn15 June 2019
With the reference to Rocky and Fight Club, this movie really make it further than Her Highness presence. Maybe the original story is all about sports and fighting later the writers scrap it all and make him Queen's top dog instead.

This is not kid's movie. I was surprised with dark theme it portray. I just curious because this movie might be get popular if the queen pass away and hyped escalated very quickly.

Not too bad nonetheless
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible film
bunjey4 June 2019
The only good thing in the film was renaming Coca-Cola 'Cov-Fefe' to laugh at Trump. The rest was so badly written, would not recommend to anyone.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderfully Funny Film For Children And Adults
hifrmny30 May 2019
It's so sad to see so many people jump on the bandwagon of the naysayer for no reason. Perhaps they are being paid somehow to do so. I truly hope no one pays any attention to those who are not being truthful in reference to this adorable film. There is no sex in this film and what violence when even the dog fight was no real big deal. As far as what happens on the bridge, That is needed to tell the story, and what about Snow White and the poison apple? Would people say Snow White is not fit for children to watch? If any child actually understood an adult joke in the movie, then they would have to be a much older child for sure. If any child went to this movie and got bored as the naysayers claim, then they best get their child into therapy a.s.a.p. Take this movie for just what it is intended to be, a funny animated film with adorable animals that offer a fun-filled evening for children and adults.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.