Monster Party (2018) Poster

(2018)

great horror movie
vonschmeel3 November 2018
Just watch it, its a brilliant movie about 3 burglars trying to rob a party, held by serial killers. it has a great cast and story it is well worth checking out.

ignore those fools who gave this 1 star!? these people should be banned from reviewing anything other than Disney movies...
27 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh...
Coogan-014 November 2018
It's not the greatest scary movie that has ever been made that's for sure, but it'll do in a pinch. I wouldn't waste my money to see this, but if you can catch it on NetFlix... This movie is overly done with blood and gore (in a cheesy way).
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monster Snooze
nebk5 November 2018
Monster Party starts off with three teenage/twenty somethings deciding to rob a house party which they are supposed to cater at. They have been committing similar crimes on a smaller scale but one member of the group needs a substantial amount of money to pay off his fathers gambling debts. The problem with their plan is that they are attempting to rob a family of serial killers who are hosting their annual party celebrating the fact that they and their friends are handling their addictions and not killing people. Unfortunately one of the killers falls off the wagon so to speak and mayhem and bloodshed ensue.

The idea for the movie was promising although reminiscent of movies like Don't Breath and Get Out (both of which are much better). The problem is that whilst the movie starts off well enough it has tissue paper thin characters who make inexplicable and illogical decisions and the overall result is a cliche of a movie. The acting ranges from competent to cheesy. The fact that the family has a facially disfigured sociopathic son locked in the basement also drags the movie down further and makes it look like something out of Wrong Turn and not a sophisticated group of killers trying their hardest not to kill. Then there is the issue when the killer family and their friends start taking each other out for a very dubious and badly explained reason. Ultimately the movie explains almost nothing about the main characters or their motivations.

Overall a mess that could have been a cool horror movie but ended up being a string of cliches that is forgettable. A weak 4 out of 10.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well done!
wavemo4 November 2018
Very well done! The acting was believable! If you like horror, you will love this!
13 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Violent. Sadistic. Kind of a fun movie nonetheless.
Andrew_Wiper18 November 2018
Monster party directed by Chris Von Hoffman is a very watchable and competently made horror/ splatter movie. Yes movies like this have been done before, yes there is lots of obvious blood and gore, yes it is filled with psychos doing there typical psycho killer thing. But ya know it was actually kind of fun and filmed pretty well to boot. It is very violent and sadistic. The movie revolves around a girl and two guys who rob houses and are led into the house that is the setting for the movie and the so called "Monster party". No need to get into details about the plot, that is the jist of it. If you are a horror movie lover, I would say give this one a shot. Though ya know I am still not too sure about the ending. I would have probably went somewhere different with it. The movie also stars Robin Tunney and Lance Reddick which undoubtedly made the movie a little better because of it. I'll give this one a 6.5. It had some pretty crazy kills in it.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Monster Bloody Good Movie
Dark_Lord_Mark4 November 2018
Teenage thieves infiltrate a mansion dinner party that is secretly hosted by a serial killer cult, who are trying to mend their ways but fail.

it was well acted, non-cliched horror. It had zero CGI that I could see. Well shot, and edited. Plot is a mix between, The Purge, and Don't Breathe, except less predictable, and more fun.

Pleasantly surprising, 10 out of 10 from me.
12 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sometimes A Little Different!
flowerstardust197912 November 2018
A breath of fresh air to see something a little different from the usual horror flicks. You're not really sure for the first 30 minutes, who these rich people are. It's obvious that something's off about them, but you'll have to wait and see. I won't bother going into the plot, as it's basic without adding spoilers. Not really sure why this only got 5 stars. Compared to some of the mainstream blockbusters I've recently watched, this was probably better than 90% of the garbage I've watched this year. It's bloody, messy, crazy, original, and great fun for those who love the gore genre.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good fun!'happy to see Robin Tunney back
julietbravo-775693 November 2018
(Witchy cuz I just watched the Craft SUPER randomly yesterday morning. Yo great film what's the r&b/rap song early on in the film that was playing in the strip club? "Monsters for life" lyrics. Ha! it shares the name of the film's title.
12 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really good horror film!
fenbrad7 November 2018
I love horror films. Watch this film if you love horror films. Really gory and great fun. If you do not like horror films do not watch this film. Simple really!
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie
zerounderscore11 November 2018
I found it interesting it's a heist gone horror. But people part of a "mysterious society" reminds me of marvels runaways, and it was a good mind teaser to figure out what the society is all about and if someone is good or bad or a hybrid sort of.

The concept of this society itself could mean a possible sequel, where the ending person(s) carry on the legacy maybe with new rules or perhaps the opposite of what the society intended.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Intense and Compelling
afishcalledsid20 November 2018
Suspense-filled, action-filled and not a bad performance among the bunch. No pretense as far as being great art or some loftier kind of film. Traditional horror/slasher archetypes in place, but also a good deal of originality. Recommended to fans of the genre.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
interesting and different
crispinrosenkranz18 November 2018
Found myself really getting in to the drama and suspense of this film, and the wonderful performances of all the actors. Horror, but with a story. There was so much going on non-verbally in the way the characters interacted with each other. Really impressive piece of work, I saw it opening weekend and will see it again.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way better than I thought
megandoss11 November 2018
Is this an Oscar worthy movie...NO! But who cares?!? Sometimes all you need for a great ride is actors dedicated to their performance, a rise in your heart rate and nothing too predictable. There was gore but not unnecessarily. Great movie for a Saturday night horror fix! Great job, worth a watch. Side note...there was a decent enough budget also!!
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Will Make The Dawson's Great Again
Tweetienator5 November 2018
Fun little slasher movie with some nice gore and here and there a moment of comedy. No new cult movie but a delicious dish for the lover or the arts of horror.

The story is simply: three kids are out for getting some money out of the rich but some of their "payment" is certainly not of the kind they wanted. Some parallels to recent movies like Don't Breath, Get Out etc. but with more gore and an additional load of B-movie-style fun.

Also a good and known cast (Erin Moriarty, Julian McMahon, Virginia Gardner etc.) and a solid pro production make this an entertaining ride.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible ont horror
laheeb_azmey10 November 2018
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. No plot, not scary, unbelievable an not professional effects, it is just a bag of torn body parts that has been cut off in a funny unrealistic way.
3 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Remember your lessons
nogodnomasters11 November 2018
Casper (Sam Strike), Iris (Virginia Gardner ) and Dodge (Brandon Micheal Hall) are adept at breaking and entry, managing to steal from upscale homes, but not getting any reward. Casper's father has a gambling problem and owes money to the wrong people...people who like to disconnect digits. Casper needs $10,000 fast. Iris has a service gig at a Malibu party. The guys come along to rob the safe.

The reason for the party starts with useless hints..." third annual" and "four graduates." We eventually discover this is not an ordinary group of citizens as our light-fingered threesome discover they are in serious trouble.

This is a slightly different film, but the action is still the same. I think hedge trimmers have a safety switch.

Guide: F-word. Stripper nudity.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not that bad
natcalgary15 November 2018
If you like gore and strange movies this one is not too bad. Great acting, and for a movie shot in 17 days it's kind of incredible.

6.1
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.