A Wizard's Tale (2018) Poster

Fake reviews?
friedfrogg18 December 2018
Why is it that all the 8 and up reviews are made by people who all created their account in the same month. Seems kinda shady to me.
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Booooooooooriiiiiiiing
adrian-chrostowski11 August 2018
Went to see that with my kids. We were all totally bored. Biggest attraction was popcorn.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My 7 year old liked it...
odiebeau13 October 2019
...so I guess it hits the mark for its target audience. For me, it was a bit here and there with a flimsy storyline. Nice animation.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cool Family animation movie!
strelnieks-a14 December 2019
This is really nice animation with happy ending! This could be really in time for family evening. It is worth to see it for once!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
IMDb - is it at all possible to rate less than 1?
msargeant-2662412 January 2019
Seriously, don't waste a moment of your time - we watched this at home and it was so bad I considered moving house!

Everything is utterly awful. The voices don't really make sense with the characters, the animation is terrible and the only thing worse is the writing! OMG how did anyone read the script for this and think 'oh that's a good movie' - whoever did, needs to be seen by some senior psychologists because they clearly aren't making good decisions.

If there is one good thing that comes out of this movie, I hope it's that everyone involved with this project decides to leave the animated movie business and do something else with their lives - because it obviously isn't working for them.

Save yourselves - don't just avoid watching this, ban it from your houses and tell everyone you ever meet (just stop random people in the street) to never watch 'Here comes the Grump'.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You know what? Not awful.
izlover24 June 2021
It might be because I was under the influence, seeing as how alot of people seem to have hated it...but I actually didn't mind it? I mean yeah it wasn't great, there were some pacing issues, especially in the beginning. But I certainly wasn't bored watching it, I actually laughed a couple times. I'm not super familiar with the original show, but from what little I've seen I recognized alot from the movie right away. The show wasn't bad either honestly. The world the movie is set in really is kinda trippy and is really unique. The characters, while some of them could've probably used work in the looks department, were at least dynamic and had shown character development and change by the end of the movie. Overall with more budget and and better pacing I think this movie would've been alot more popular.
Fifty years too late
bastos30 December 2020
This is the remake of a semi obscure TV series from the 60's, a Saturday morning cartoon for kids that not many people remember, so much so that they even changed the title in many countries to A Wizard's Tale, seeing that few people got the reference. Saying this movie is fifty years too late is an understatement. But that would be besides the point if the movie had a good story, a good animation and was fun. But, unfortunately, this is not the case. The story is banal, the animation is horrendous and that makes for a not very fun movie.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Looks a lot like kids getting high
davittennis1 April 2020
Here Comes the Grump is a strange almost trippy animated feature made by a US/Mexican collaboration which is apparently a first in animated features films.

It is a remake/reimagining of a cartoon from the 80's that appears to have a loyal following. But unfortunately my curiosity was not Rewarded with this film. It was so nonsensical that even after 15 minutes I still didn't understand what was happening and sadly by then neither did I care.

Disturbingly there is a scene where balloon creatures are sucking on beer mug looking contraptions and getting high. Somehow a little girl gets ahold of one and is instantly high and starts craving more!? The similarities to vaping are undeniable.

Even my 6 year old was confused and a little creeped out and asked me to turn it off. Did they even test it on their target audience? Maybe not? Certainly would explain why it is so awful.

I never saw the original so I can't comment wether or not it runs true to the source material and I understand that film makers put their hearts and souls into movies but for me this just didn't engage.
Need more improvement
Charitha_Samson19 January 2019
This move act like craziness. I don't like this kind of animated movie.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Basic
hilarylang7 July 2019
A Wizard's Tale I decided to watch this movie specifically because it looked bad. And while it did look bad, I was more disappointed with the actual writing. Nothing about it stands out. Even if Pixar made this with a good budget, I still really wouldn't like it. Everything about this movie is forgettable except for the fact that the animation looks bad. I watched it 20 minutes ago, and I can't remember any scene. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Wizard's Tale (Here Comes the Grump)
xandershelley27 September 2018
I'm not into animated movies but this one was surprisingly good! A Wizard's Tale has a fresh take on the fantasy princess genre, being about a boy named Terry who owns a run-down theme park he inherits from his grandmother. He gets thrown into a dilemma when he is transported to a magical land that is threatened by a grumpy wizard. The film has a fun set of characters, featuring a bubbly princess who's voiced by Lily Collins that had me laughing during the movie. The animation is bright and wacky, making the film more appealing and just fun to look at. The pacing is productive, being quick and unpredictable as the characters rush to save the kingdom. I recommend this to animation lovers and kids alike!
2 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Wizard's Tale
katstolle25 September 2018
As a lover of animated films, such as How to Train Your Dragon and Shrek, A Wizard's Tale did not disappoint! Written by Ice Age 2's, Jim Hecht, this comedy was good for the whole family. It's a fun film with bright colors and lively characters. Lily Collins and Toby Kebbell, starring as Princess Dawn and Terry Dexter, bring this story to life with their voice acting skills. We follow them through the ups and downs of saving both a magical kingdom and an amusement park. As a fan of these actors I can definitely say that this movie is a must see. Not only were there jokes for the adults, but there were important messages for the kids. A princess who learned that she didn't need a prince and a boy reminded not to lose his belief in magic. I was easily swept into this fantastical story and would recommend to anyone who likes animation or is simply looking for something new on movie night.
2 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overall, I was very impressed by this independent animation
kelseyhealey-8616926 September 2018
The animated film A Wizard's Tale directed by Andres Couturier was a fun and vibrant adventure. This children's film of good vs. evil is an amusing story that keeps your attention with its colorful characters voiced by the talented Lily Collins, Ian McShane, and Toby Kebbell. I got lost in the story and found myself routing for the main character Terry (Toby Kebbell), a teenage boy who gets transported to a magical kingdom where it finds himself helping a princess defend her kingdom. The story line is dynamic and the soundtrack includes upbeat songs which amplify the energetic atmosphere created in the film. The animation was very impressive, I think Craig Kellem did a great job designing the characters in a bubbly style that I haven't seen before which made the human characters look lively. I was also impressed by the amount of wacky supporting characters the film had which elevated the entertainment value. Overall, I was very impressed by this independent animation and I highly recommend watching A Wizard's Tale.
1 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and Fantastical
dakotamillertorchlight26 September 2018
Following Terry, voiced by Toby Kebbell, A Wizard's Tale is about a boy who is thrown into this new and fantastical world that he must save in order to return home. There he meets Princess Dawn, Lily Collins, together they are chased by an evil wizard The Grump, Ian McShane. This movie alongside its amazing voice actors who give real depth to the character creates this fantastical world that brings imagination alive in its creation. Watching this film made me feel like a kid again picturing these complex and amazing worlds. This film is for anyone who has kids or is a kid at heart.
0 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Entertaining Movie!
rosetay-8336120 September 2018
Andres Couturier's, A Wizard's Tale, is a captivating animated movie that I thought took a hilarious approach to fairy tale movies. What made me really excited to see this movie was that it was written by the same writer as Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. Writer, Jim Hecht, did not let me down as he did a phenomenal job making me so intrigued by the storyline. As well as the animation by Adrian Fuentes and Samuel Arturo Rico, this movie really grabbed my attention with its energetic characters and adventure. I think this movie is down to earth, but also very amusing. I would watch this movie again in a heartbeat.
0 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful Narration and Animation!
rebeccafarina-2840419 September 2018
I don't think I've stopped smiling since I watched this movie. The combination of lead voice actors Lily Collins (Princess Dawn), Toby Kebbell (Terry) and Ian McShane (Grump) and Animators, Adrian Fuentes and Samuel Arturo Rico, do a great job at making the movie so uplifting. I don't know if it was the bright colors or wonderful narration skills that brought the movie to life. Even when the Grump took over the kingdom, I still felt this sense of light from the movie. If you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you don't wait any longer to watch! Totally worth the watch.
0 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great for the whole family!
bellifcrm19 September 2018
After being raised by his grandmother in 20th century London, Terry Dexter is struggling to keep her memory and amusement park alive. When things take a turn for the worst and the park is about to close, Terry gets transported to a magical kingdom that reminds him of all the stories his grandmother told him growing up. In order to return home, he must save the kingdom's princess from an evil wizard casting a dark gloom over the realm.

Along his journey, Terry realizes that sometimes your own personal goals must come behind the happiness of others. A Wizard's Tale features beautiful animation and a standout cast of voice actors including Toby Kebbell and Lily Collins. Jim Hecht, the writer from Ice Age 2: The Meltdown, weaves together an exciting tale of self discovery that combines a series of trials and triumphs. This is definitely a story to consider if you are looking for a children's movie, a film with fantastic visuals, or simply something to make you smile!
0 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.