Dragged Across Concrete (2018) Poster

Not good at all....
tc-5620712 May 2019
Just finished watching this movie. Movie is slow and boring. I was constantly waiting for the big pay off but it never came. This movie is just a typical 2 cops get suspended, go on their own while they are off, discover a bank heist going down, and decide to get in on some of the action at the end and die. This whole movie stinks badly. Take my advice and watch something else.
264 out of 485 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the best of '18/19 that no one will see.. Unfortunately
ryanwcar22 March 2019
This is a slow burn in every possible way. Much more related to his previous film cell block 99 than his Bone Tomahawk before that. It's a step by step play the entire film almost 0 editing and everything falls right in order of the story and it's the strongest point of the film. Some might yawn at the long run time but In my opinion it's justified. I was never bored or needed to pause to take a break for the entire 2 hours and 35 minutes of showing because at any point you think it's going to drag across concrete and fall flat on itself it gives you just enough to continue the show and boy does it become a show... But without giving away anything at all I can say it was worth my time and if you liked his previous work it's worth yours as well. The acting is top tier all around and the script is probably one of the most creatively worded I've ever seen with humor all over it just because of it but in a great intentional way. Just a shame only a few lucky ones will get the chance to see it but I'm glad this Writer/Director doesn't do wide release because we'd be seeing a different version and probably not for the better... and I applaud him for giving Vince Vaughn the roles he deserves he knocked it out of the park alongside Gibson. 9/10
494 out of 932 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It dragged the audience across concrete...
nwg-8884123 March 2019
Movie was a drag that was about an hour too long. Dialogue choppy, character motivations sloppy. It wasn't believable, some of the dialogue was from the 50s.

I'm not sure why this movie has so many rave user reviews, was I watching a different movie? Utter disappointment wasting a stellar cast.

Slow burner? It never drew me in enough to care. Pacing was so slow you had a hard time getting absorbed.

In response to some reviews: I like Mel Gibson as an Actor, I always have. I also enjoy Vince Vaughan. The story was boring, see for yourself and review.

I don't have an axe to grind here I was just extremely bored watching this movie. Blood Father was amazing, in comparison.
446 out of 842 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and pointless
anniegr25 March 2019
The movie is sooo slow you could go out have a drink come back and not have missed a thing. Not that it made any sense anyway. Pointless killings, criminal plans that had no logic and ridiculous characters. Don't waste 2.5 hours of your life.
373 out of 700 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Movie of the Year
Pizdah16 May 2019
2.5 Hours of chit chats for nothing!!! Don't waste you time.
248 out of 458 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
bella-1010314 April 2019
Streamed this from the internet not worth watching it's so boring
285 out of 530 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Globally & Universally a Wretched Movie
Bob-5622 June 2019
I watched this off Netflix primarily because of pretty decent reviews. I am speechless, however, as to how anybody could find anything of any value about it. Let me count the ways: 1) The pacing is absolutely leaden. I felt this after the first five minutes. (Oh, now I see why this is 2 hrs. 39 minutes.) I couldn't last past the first hour or so (knowing that another 90 minutes remained), after watching ennnndless scenes of nothing happening except Mel & Vince sleeping through ennnndless stakeouts where nothing happens, 2) The screenplay is totally, comprehensively tone-deaf. Waaay-too much fake dialogue (such as Mel & Vince's anti-PC chat with boss Don Johnson), and everyone divvying-up the fictitious "Bulwark" into the "financial district," the "school district," & "I don't know this part of town" (Vince). What, is Bulwark an expansive city like LA? And does any city or town have A solitary "school district"?? 3) The ham-handed performances by the leads: I don't know how Mel & Vince could speak their lines with such deep-seated conviction, when all they were spouting was utter gibberish (in terms of how human beings actually speak).

I kept saying to my wife, while watching this, "Okay, I'll give it ten more minutes....okay, five more minutes.... Okay, if nothing happens after this seemingly tense scene, then...." Finito. This has got to be one of the worst flicks I've ever seen....
260 out of 482 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A new deffinition of slow
irinsylaj16 June 2019
This movie gives a whole new deffinition of Slow and Boring
247 out of 457 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring & Pointless
andrewa0520 April 2019
Nothing else needed to describe this film. The script was generic and slow. The character development was atrocious. The scenes were dull and unimaginative.
314 out of 587 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring, with fake reviews to hype the fild
unofonjotespot22 March 2019
Dont trust the reviews, they are fake, this movie is boring as hell.
315 out of 589 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Awful
emanmb22 June 2019
Unfortunately the real reviews weren't here on IMDB when I decided to see this flick. There is no way this movie should have a 7* rating. Just horrid with forced dialog, and slow as he_l.
221 out of 407 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the Worst Movies I've Ever Seen
npkulakofski24 March 2019
I walked out of this movie, even though I had really wanted to stay till the end to see how everything played out. I just can't understand the good reviews this film has garnered. All the characters are stock, even caricature, the plot thin and utterly unintelligent, and the whole hackneyed, stereotypical mess bored me to tears. I think in this movie Mel Gibson forgot how to act. Don't waste your time or your money.
285 out of 531 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
jamesturnbull-1593819 April 2019
Sorry 2 and a half hours of a very slow and boring film.
291 out of 543 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring!!
princessgia073 June 2019
Long, dragged out boring movie. Thought it would be good due to the actors but I was wrong. Could not get into it at all. Save your money and time and pass on this one.
216 out of 398 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow this was really bad
bpnistelrode3 May 2019
I felt like I was watching a 60's movie! And that would be offensive for the 60's movie. This is too slow with no atmosphere.. We actually walked out of the theatre it was that appalling! Save yourself the money and time...
233 out of 431 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2 hours and 39 minutes of my life I'll never get back.
Inbalby23 March 2019
The plot was all over the place, the script and acting were bad and forced, the dialogs made no sense... I was literally sitting there thinking what in the hell am I watching...?
220 out of 406 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow boring and about an hour too long
confidential-6789716 April 2019
What a terrible movie, don't waster your time, it's like watching paint dry. Really slow and boring
343 out of 645 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bulls--t Cop Drama
AziziOthmanMY29 March 2019
I expect more action in this joint and Mel Gibson ain't no Clint Eastwood either. This plot started in a mess and did not define the storyline 45 minutes in.It was so SLOW to the point that i've decided to stop watching all together. The cast was pointless and i see wasted potential for a decent cop movie.No sorry for me, it's just this movie sucks.
284 out of 531 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Switched it off halfway through
mister_bateman30 April 2019
I didn't believe all the bad reviews. Well, it turns out they were right after all. It's a boring sequence of scenes that tries to sell itself by catering to anti-PC sentiments and giving the two Hollywood conservatives Mel and Vince a few really contrived and shoehorned conservative-leaning lines of dialogue to parrot. At times I thought I was watching an amateur play. Terrible.
232 out of 430 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spoiler: this is awful
lfmccartin21 April 2019
Started slow. Stuck it out thinking it would get better. Nothing happened until hour 2 of this 2 hour 40 minute movie. And then it wasn't that great. It wasn't worth the $7 on amazon prime. I'm not at all surprised it won't be released in the US. It shouldn't have been released on Amazon.
306 out of 574 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Try Pumping the Brakes
slinkster-3108116 May 2019
What happened to a story line here? Still waiting after going on this long drive to nowhere. Massive errors, like Vince Vaughn's character self-coloring his hair as his disguise, on the drive to the ultimate ending (easy to spot, almost the entire film is driving), graying his hair in frankly a much more natural tone, and his death scene, with no stop offs at Rite Aid, shows his hair back to jet black. (another case where the old SNL skit about Connie Selleca hair blackening gel rings so true for Caucasian actors, particular middle aged actors). Speaking of Vince, what a waste of a gem, actually 3 gems in terms of skill set. Vince, Don Johnson, and Mel Gibson are dripping in talent. Don was barely involved, presumably having been dragged just far enough. This is proof that without decent writing, good actors fumble along, too. Poor Vince Vaughn--between the derivative reworking of his Wedding Crashers' banter, being sneaked into every script he takes, and the wannabe David Mamet dialogue. The relationship between Mel and Vince wanted to be so on point, but Mamet chews glass by breakfast, in terms of mastering these exchanges. Also seemed to be riffing on Pulp Fiction dialogue. This film is how Scooby Do characters interpret human discussions. I'm almost afraid to watch Vince Vaughn in his prison movie, to see how they'll work this flip persona in. And the humanity of it all, in regards to their motives for becoming bad cops? Please. Walk out your front door and these problems are, in most neighborhoods, what we call Tuesday. Manufactured suffering, not relatable. The ending involves a character "winning" with whom we were never engaged (not because the movie is too brief, right?), also justified by personal suffering along the way. The length - the bad guys almost aged out before this was resolved. I wish this film had recycled some titles already taken (from better movies): Lost in Oblivion, Somewhere, Road Warriors. Best to warn the audience about this commuter fest. Ridiculous gun fight toward the end. Crime drama is out there, and it's often brilliant. This isn't it.
250 out of 465 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Extremely Boring
kjjmaz31 March 2019
I tried to stay interested and finish watching it over 2 nights, but it did not work.
268 out of 500 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did they forget?
drtmckay18 May 2019
Two huge name actors who just simply forgot how to act. It's a horrific trek into the mundane. There is no substance to the characters no real plot not even a soundtrack. The story line plummeted in the first two minutes. In short this movie completely tanks.
253 out of 471 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WTH was that?!
btcvsolo13 April 2019
Clearly, the high ratings are from studio shills or those on Thorazine....

It wasn't a 'bad' movie per se, but a conservative estimate? 50 minutes of filler; nonsensical tripe that did NOTHING to add value to the flick.

Watch this while filing your taxes. You won't miss a thing...
314 out of 590 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh boy
erik-zoobel12 June 2019
This must be some kind of joke? can't be seriously done. Its kind of funny when you in the certain move :) unbelievable crap
238 out of 442 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.