Serenity (2019) Poster

(2019)

For entertainment value alone
ndschaaf1325 January 2019
Before you get mad about the score I'm giving this beautiful mess of a film, please keep in mind that I rate things on a scale of how entertained they kept me as opposed to how "good" they actually were.

That being said, this movie is not anywhere close to good. In fact, it may even be outright bad. But I'll be damned if there was a single moment in the film where I was less than entertained. I laughed more during the course of Serenity's runtime than I did at a good majority of last year's intentional comedies.

The performances were attempting to evoke a noir feel but came across more John Waters and the camp factor alone was a fascinating hybrid of cringy and hysterical. From Matthew McConaughey drinking during nearly every frame of the movie to Anne Hathaway saying "daddy" every other line, I won't forget their acting any time soon.

The plot is a convoluted mess and some of the turns it took won't be well-received but who cares? By the time the "twists" twisted, I was already so engrossed by this deranged piece of filmmaking that I didn't mind one bit.

Go with incredibly low expectations, try to lose yourself in the strange spell Serenity weaves, and you might just have as good a time as we did.
160 out of 214 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Lord, I Loved This Film
cgrady-230 January 2019
Why do people enjoy films with an abstracted hyper style, like 'Shutter Island,' or Zulawski's 'Possession' but dismiss it here?

Perhaps people are just primed to like (or pretend to like) a film directed by someone they think is important.

Another thought: Imagine something like this film made during the German Expressionist period of cinema. Silent cinema. Subtitles. Foreign. The techniques employed become acceptable.

I loved the sheer ballsiness of everyone's commitment to this movie. Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jason Clarke give it everything. And that only comes about by having confidence in the film.

The plot twists aren't there to surprise the audience in the manner of something like 'The Usual Suspects', they exist to create the feeling of a troubled conscience. Perhaps, that's what everyone is snickering at? When one of the most popular pass times is shaming people on social media to whom we feel superior, the idea of self doubt and uncertain morality are things we need to ridicule?

I dunno. I'll say this: I was never bored watching this film, which is more than I can for most films these days. Some day it'll find a proper following. It deserves it.
75 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not over your head- but maybe a bit too far to the side for most
sillysillymarym26 January 2019
SPOILERS!!!! Shocked at the bad reviews. This movie was genius. Not hard to comprehend, but I jumped into the head of a 13 yr old boy part way through... and all the previous weirdness made sense. It was all created by a kid- not a generic hollywood movie that people seem to be wanting (gag).

I was fascinated with the creation of an escape-world. I was on the edge of my moral reasoning seat- is killing the man the right thing to do? By father or son? Yes, you knew it was the son who would do it- the rest of the movie doesn't even actually exist outside his head... but would he?! Should he? The changing of the rules... how something so clearly wrong is morphed by the entire pretend universe by the creator of all.... to be the right thing, the compulsion.

This is a very sideways look at a child's processing of years of domestic violence. I loved the line, If I didn't catch fish I'd find a way to kill you. And- I loved that in the end- stepdad was a "construction worker"... not a gazillionaire. I am perplexed that all these gems, and so many many more, have fallen at the feet of movie watching zombies unable to appreciate these perspectives and escape into the escape.
99 out of 144 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It cud have been a good ol skool 90s thriller. Well acted, well shot n a bit surrealistic but inept script n ending.
Fella_shibby20 February 2019
The trailer is so enticing, the star cast is solid, McConaughey, Hathaway, Diane Lane, Djimon Hounsou and Jason Clarke but the script is inept. Original? Nope.

Fisherman Dill (McConaughey) is leading a peaceful life on an island, he makes money catching fishes n takin tourists on his boat, he is obsessed with catching a particular tuna n when he runs outta money, he bangs Constance (Diane Lane). Sometimes he goes cliff diving all naked n suffers from strange visions n telepathic connection with his son. Drill's ex-wife Karen (Hathaway) shows up to his residence and tasks him with killing Frank, her abusive husband. The film starts like a 90s neo-noir thriller, holds up the attention with some suspense n tension but goes downhill n turns into a blunder with the lousy twist. McConaughey did a terrific job, Clarke, Lane n Djimon Hounsou all did good but they were not able to rescue the predictable n bad script. Some scenes were really good in capturing the island locations.

Mild spoilers : It has shades of Shutter Island, Jacob's Ladder, 90s neo-noir erotic thrillers n Identity.
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you didn't get it, here's what it is:
tomsuthblack23 February 2019

From frame one, we have the face (or rather the eyes) of a dreamy kid, thinking of a reverie world, were he contemplates his own life and his own problems in the form of a story (the way all authors do). There is a tool that helps him in reflecting on his condition. This tool is a computer game he created. It is a simple game of catching fish and spotting birds, nothing fancy, no A.I, no detailed simulation of life, nothing of that sort. It is just a game programed by a kid that helps him delve into his imagination and imagine a series of interesting what-ifs; what if the fisherman in the game is his deceased father (a decorated war hero)? What if the people this fisherman meets all have their own lives and their own stories?

Using this tool for reflection, the kid's psyche becomes mapped in the following manner: The Kid's volition: The fisherman character(The hero, the savior, the protagonist of the story), depicted in his imagination as his father, playing out his deepest desire: to live in serenity by getting justice done. The Kid's Conscious: Isaiah, the kind helper with a biblical name who is always wearing a cross and urging him to do the "good" thing, always going the extra mile to achieve that goal. The power of habit: The little salesman who represents the rules, with his schedule and his spectacles and his rigid honesty and lack of interest in anything but the rules. The meaning of the world and its purpose are out of his scope. The world is a game, and every game has rules. The Object of Desire: Justice (in the form of a tuna fish, the object of the game) Comfort: The lady who pays the fisherman for sex, and takes care of him. Hidden Sexual Fantasy: The mother , ex-wife of the fisherman, the eternal female symbol to be found in every-story , the relation with which always determines how the story will end.

With this map, the movie shows us exactly what happens inside the mind of an author, any author (in this particular instance; a kid dreaming about getting rid of his stepfather and uniting with his father). We get a glimpse on how stories are born inside each of us, for each of us is the author of his own dreams and fantasies based on his own unfulfilled desire.

We even get a glimpse on the meaning of right and wrong. What could be right other than fulfilling our central desire? Even if we do something bad to achieve this self-balancing object of desire, it is always worth it, regardless of the risks, and it is always right, for how else can we ever be happy? And it is always just to us and to others, for whatever causes injustice in our lives can never be good to anyone except to the most unjust of people.

And above all, we get a glimpse of the meaning of our existence and its purpose, that enigmatic purpose of every story which can never be understood from the perspective of its characters alone, for in order to glimpse the full picture of the truth in any story, you need to look at the mind of its maker. And that is what this great movie offers. Nothing less! No small achievement , IMO.

Summary: If you didn't get it, here's what it is:

After

Text: The reason why many people didn't get that movie, and thus assumed it wasn't an interesting one (despite the great acting and cinematography) was that it added an extra factor that has never been used before in storytelling. We usually have the story, but this time we have the story + its author , both laid out before us to ponder the relation between them, and reflect on the relation between ourselves(as characters), our lives(as a story), and our maker (as our author). Think about it!

And above all, we get a glimpse of the meaning of our existence and its purpose, that enigmatic purpose of every story which can never be understood from the perspective of its characters alone, for in order to see the full picture of the truth in any story, you need to look at the mind of its maker. And that is what this great movie offers. Nothing less! No small achievement , IMO.
96 out of 146 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Original and Bonkers Cinema Needs More Movies like Serenity.
Joetampa9025 January 2019
When I first saw the trailer for Serenity back in summer 2018 I was certainly intrigued. Then it was pushed back many months from its original release date but I still looked forward to finally seeing the movie. Well I can say now that after some thought, I enjoyed the film. It was spoiled for me mildly in the sense that I knew an off the wall twist was in the cards. Boy was that twist a wild one.

Serenity starts out a little wonky with the first 20 minutes or so having some unintentional laugh out loud moments. However once it gets going it becomes very intriguing and had me fully engaged. When the left field insane twist is revealed, I was impressed by the sheer nerve of it all. Sure it's beyond over the top, but having the audacity to do it is a thing to admire.

The acting is both good and bad at times. The whole movie always just feels a little off and bizarre, which I somewhat appreciate. Make no mistake about it though this work is not a masterpiece. Serenity has its share of faults and the ending could very well be one of them in some ways. Besides that it's also a messy script with some big head scratchers and horrible lines.

With that being said we need more wide release movies with quality actors taking chances and giving us something original. In a way the film is throwback to the 70's and 80's when we saw wide released movies taking experimental chances.

Go give it a watch, love it or hate I think this work is something any true film fan will tip their cap to.
84 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ambitiously awful
cardsrock7 February 2019
This film would have turned out a lot better if it just stuck to its advertised plot. The ludicrous twist that occurs completely derails the movie and makes everything that comes after it essentially pointless. While I appreciate an original idea out of Hollywood, this was just bizarre. Some of the dialogue is unintentionally hilarious and the whole film just feels off. It's a shame so many talented actors were wasted in this.
56 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trailer was best part
biggedy2428 January 2019
The trailer made it seem like a great mystery murder of temptations but it was far far from that with a really dumb twist, acting directing was great but script was bad. I was really exited for this film, it just tanked
91 out of 145 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as critics say but still not worth your time
l-s-rosenblum26 January 2019
Baker Dill is a ship boat captain who takes out deep sea fishing tourists to pay for his obsession of catching a great white whale of a tuna. He struggles financially and has physical relationship with a woman who helps him out financially in exchange for epic sex. Enter his ex-wife who offers him a fortune for killing her abusive husband and saving their son from an emotionally abusive step father.

A well worn film noir set-up and there is nothing really notable about the writing or the acting. There is actually a good reason why it should not be well set-up, but for the audience it does not help.

The film has a huge plot twist mid-way through, but it has the effect of totally destroying any dramatic tension of the story and now nothing that happens matters to the characters or the story. The twist is a clever variation on an old trick, but it reduces the remainder of the movie to an intellectual exercise. The director tries to make the ending meaningful with a final event, but by then no one cares what happens to the characters.
64 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A brilliant masterpiece 'Black Mirror' type film that's one of the most underrated films of all time!
TheTopDawg8 March 2019
Man the critics got this one waaaaayy wrong! 5.2/10 here on IMDb? The critics need to give their heads a shake.

As a huge fan of the 'Black Mirror' series, this film is right up there in the writing category, and I hope all Black Mirror fans get a chance to see this one, as it's a brilliant masterpiece!

This film produced, written and directed (only his 3rd directorial film) by British screenwriter, Steven Knight. He nailed this film in the directing department, and hit it out of the ballpark with his writing!

Most of the critics called the writing "bad dialogue" and the acting "cartoonish, especially that of Hathaway, whose femme fatale comes across as a kind of live-action Jessica Rabbit". That IS the point, and what makes this film genius!

I had no idea what I was going to see, and at first, it was a normal film about a drunk captain trying to catch the "big one". As the film progressed, I noticed the characters started to act off - starting with when the guy from FONTAINE Fishing Co. is introduced. This was done tactfully and started to elevate my curiosity. Then more and more characters started acting weird, especially when Anne Hathaway's character is introduced. By now you are sucked into some type of weird conspiracy, you can't stop watching! I don't want to give any more away, but the writing is pure genius... you just have to take your blinders off and go along for the ride.

The casting was sheer perfection. Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jason Clarke and Djimon Hounsou were outstanding in their roles! Animated? yes, and rightfully so, and right on script!

As mentioned, the directing was spot on, and the cinematography on point. I loved the island setting, and the back and forth to the child in his room.

The pacing was good and the films length perfect at 106 min. The score/sound was also perfect. I have nothing negative to say about this film! It certainly is a refreshing change from the typical Hollywood blockbuster films. It's sad this film was not promoted properly, and I can understand how some viewers felt misled, but I on the other hand, enjoyed being misled into a whole different film from what I expected.

I feel people should go into this film without seeing the trailer or reading the ridiculous negative reviews, and without any expectations, and they will be pleasantly surprised.

Bravo to the all-star cast, and to Steven Knight for creating such a brilliant film, and he should hold his head up high in creating this gem. Given time, I'm sure people will come around to appreciate its genius writing.

It's a WELL deserved 9/10 from me, and if anyone questions my review as being fake, click on my username and you will see my almost 600 reviews and 1000+ ratings. Ignore the haters and wannabe critics and watch this film, I'm sure you will be as surprised as I was.
20 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly good.
gatorlaurie27 January 2019
I've never written a review before, so be kind! I went to the theater this afternoon to see Serenity with friends and low expectations. I left feeling good about it. I thought it deserved a better review than it was getting. The plot twist did not take me completely by surprise, but I found it very easy to believe. The Anne Hathaway character, who I thought was very poorly written, made much more sense when I realized that a 13-year-old boy had created her. The visits to Diane Lane's character reminded me of having to collect coins in other games to continue play. The movie was fun to discuss with my friends and I'm sure I'll be thinking about it for quite a while.
35 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good film, I think the bad reviews are from those who just didn't get it.
michellepugh-964-46145527 January 2019
The acting was great, and the concept was even better. Excellent acting, although I think Diane Lane was a little wasted in the film, she's too big of a talent to not showcase a little bit more. You really have to pay attention to the details and the film takes you on a surreal Journey. I enjoyed it, but if you're not in the movies you need to think about, then this one isn't for you.
60 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Catch that damn fish..!
vijaychandrank25 January 2019
Well let me be frank. I like weird movies. I like movies where audience go absolutely nuts without knowing anything. This movie is not in the level of mind bending / shattering kind however its a fun watch.. Diane lane is wasted here and has an insignificant role.. Anne hathaway is good in parts , but less convincing.. Mathew mcconaughey carries the film on his shoulders, who gives a winning performance here. It is because of him you are interested in this script. I wonder why a young boy would imagine his father having sex with many women, not that I am complaining..! It isn't a perfect film but an interesting take on young minds to deal with depression
46 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad reviews are 100% wrong. This film was good.
whitemanfromtowne19 February 2019
Whoever wrote a bad review about this film using words like awful, disappointed, tanked, have got it all wrong, This was a beautifully well written story about a boy who escaped from domestic violence from his step father in his mind by creating a world of paradise in his own mind with his deceased real father as his savior from the monster in his real world. At first I didn't know where the story was going but as the film unfolded, it became quite clear what the story was telling us, on another coping mechanism a child may use to escape domestic and the breaking point of said mechanism. The bad reviews are 100% wrong, because to not like the story is saying I don't understand abuse and don't care what tolls it may take on child. Don't get me wrong, the story a tad bit farfetched but overall it made sense and was enjoyable to watch. But to all of you writing negative reviews, get your head out of your ass and realized that children the live in homes of domestic abuse , they have a story of their own to tell, and will find a way to escape in the minds to cope.
32 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
World's First Feature-Length Fragrance Commercial
thirtyfivestories29 January 2019
Here lies the unwanted, unofficial final installment in the Matthew McConaughty sailor/treasure hunter trilogy accompanied by Sahara and Fool's Gold. Steven Knight follows up 2013's excellent Locke with this more ambitious (sci-fi?) melodrama. Locke being a minimal "Let's film Tom Hardy during a car ride" effort that wowed everyone with its staying power. This film could've easily been "Let's film Matthew McConaughey during a fishing trip" and would've been a much more compelling narrative. The "expansive" environment of the film's world spreads the logic of the premise so thin that pores begin to appear as soon as the opening act.

McConaughey plays Baker Dill, a renegade ex-pat that takes tourists out to fish tuna. He's also harbors a Moby Dick-esque obsession with a giant fish he calls Justice. If that sounds like a painfully obvious thematic motif, then you would be spot on. Baker's fixation with the creature frequently jeopardizes his excursion business, which puts himself in financial potholes. Then enters the most elementary conflict possible: Our protagonist is broke, and needs to make personal compromises to become rich. Baker's financial salvation arrives in his ex-wife Karen (Anne Hathaway) who has married up to possibly a construction tycoon (this is my best guess).

Karen reveals the history of abuse that her current husband Frank (Jason Clarke) has dished out on her and Baker's son, Patrick. She offers Baker a proposition that would rid her of a slave master husband, and award Baker the funds to avoid prostituting his body and skills ever again. The remainder of the plot has us stuck to Baker as he goes through the rose pedal "I do it; I don't" charade. The brevity of this review is a result of the most lazy twist in recent memory, that makes spoiling the otherwise unsatisfying turn all too easy due to its painfully early reveal.

The grand meta-plot crashes in the door midway through the second act, and blows its load suddenly and all at once. We are literally served up a character whose sole purpose is to break the twist to Baker. After some rough housing from Baker, this mysterious prophet spills the beans with zero nuance, and the film ruins itself at a blistering pace. Then (as to pull a rug over the vomit) the film has Baker questioning the prophet's proclamation for what seems like eternity (Eternity would've been a more apt title upon further thought) regardless of the blatant signs plastered all around him.

Too often movies hide behind plot-twists to avoid scrutiny, and this one cowards behind a skinny palm tree rather pathetically. Knight attempts to cash in on a video game industry that he clearly has no understanding of (I promise that checks out after you *if you* subject yourself to this film). If it weren't for the spoiler-free creed I hold myself to, then I would detail in full all the cringe-worthy missteps taken by this revision-free script. I suppose Knight wins this round, considering he has created an inscrutable film. The only winners are the viewers playing a cheeky drinking game whenever McConaughty's ass appears on screen. Screw it. Spoiler alert: The buns appear in four separate scenes.
50 out of 89 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Want My Money Back. Misleading Trailers
patarmour25 January 2019
Awful Movie. Mccaughanhey did a decent part. Storyline was unrealistic and the plot had more holes than a sponge. Waste if two hours.
52 out of 97 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not what it seems, much better.
mjstokes852 March 2019
From the trailer I was expecting a fairly tame generic murder revenge thriller, what I actually got was The Matrix meets Shutter Island meets The Truman Show. A fairly slow start leaves you with plenty of clues, I worked out what was actually going on a while before it was revealed, but it didn't make the film any less enjoyable. It's about time someone did something different and modern. If you enjoy films that make you question what existence is then give it a go.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible Movie With So Much Potential
sweidman-280161 February 2019
Serenity Review:

I honestly forgot about writing this review because I forgot about this movie. It has a great cast, a few good camera shots, and a good trailer. I didn't like this movie and neither did many people. The trailer was really good and made it look so interesting. The cast was stellar and it looked to make for a good thriller. The script and plot was what actually ruined it. It was so boring. Oscar nominated Steven Knight has wrote some good scripts and directed a couple good movies (Locke being one of my favorite). He had the right idea with the plot, but made it lackluster with the most bizarre twist halfway through. That twist literally had me laughing in my seat because it didn't work and it was just so random. If anyone who contributed to the $4.4 million it made this past weekend (the budget was $25 million and it'll never make that back) they probably agree. The start of the movie made it look kind of like it was going to be a 90s thriller on water. Even the score, cinematography, and title looked like that which I thought was odd. Speaking of cinematography, every time a new character was introduced they did a fast cut from their back to their face which was annoying. I don't know what to say. I don't feel like spoiling the twist because I don't want to talk about that whole mess. It could've been interesting but the way it was executed and with the whole script and story it didn't work. The leads did fine with their acting and there were a couple cool looking shots, but overall this was a big mess that had so much potential.

My Grade: D
21 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of time
dalalaalsultan26 January 2019
I cant find the words to describe this horrible excuse of a movie. Its a complete waste of time. People stared leaving the theater before it ended. Unfortunately i stayed to find out that the entire movie was just in the child's imagination or game that he invented to escape his reality.
40 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love the mystery concept idea about the story but the direction is dull, script is flat with characters, and it is forgettable.
cruise0126 January 2019
Serenity (2.5 out of 5 stars).

Serenity sure is something for a neo-noir thriller film that does mislead you on what the actual plot is about. Matthew McConaughey delivered a good performance. Sadly, the film falls flat as a mystery thriller that tries play smart but gives you an empty satisfying result. Kind of reminded me how the sci-fi thriller Transcendence film with Johnny Depp was. Delivered an interesting mind bending concept but an empty satisfaction of the results.

The plot follows Baker (Matthew McConaughey) who lives in a small town on an island. He is obsessed on trying to catch a large tuna fish known as "Justice." So obsessed, he pushes aside his own visitors that pay him to take them out to sea. When his ex wife Karen (Anne Hathaway) shows up on the island. She asks for his help to take her husband Frank (Jason Clarke) out to sea and kill him. Cause he has been abusing her and her son.

That is enough what I can say about the plot without giving away details or spoilers. Besides, it is one of those movies were the plot changes gears in the middle of the second act. With a lot of people on the island being suspicious and not knowing a clue about anything. Or a stranger Reid (Jeremy Strong) that shows up in a suit and is creepily staring at Matthew McConaughey throughout. Or walking through the ocean in a suit. The film does have a great amount of mystery ideas. With Baker being obsessed with this tuna fish. Figuring out everyone's motive on the island. The twist is a game changer that turns the film into a different direction. It is not as surprising or shocking when it is revealed.

Matthew McConaughey delivered a good performance as Baker. Along with Anne Hathaway. Jason Clarke was okay playing an abusive character. The direction is kind of dull. It tries to build some suspense and mystery. Instead, it is a tedious thriller that is forgettable.

Overall, Serenity is a bad film. It started out great. It has an interesting concept of ideas with this mystery building of people being weird on an island. After the twist is revealed, it did not leave a satisfying shock factor besides it probably will be forgettable once the credits begin.
25 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Serenity (2019)
rockman18227 January 2019
Didn't hear about this one until mid week which was odd, as it has good star power in it. Matthew McConaughy, Anne Hathaway, Jason Clarke? Surprised at the lack of promotion. Went into this without really knowing a lot which can be a good thing with expectations but this film was trash. I was literally rolling my eyes at this film and how the writer of it must have thought that they were being clever with the twists that made no sense and were seen a mile away.

The film is about a fisherman who encounters a woman and her abusive husband. The husband wants to sail out and catch big game and his drinking problem causes him to be abusive and abrasive. The fisherman and the woman actually know each other and have had a previous relationship. The duo plan to kill her husband and stage the murder as a fishing accident gone awry. There's more to this plot that I cannot get into without revealing the stupid twist.

The film takes a while to gain steam or make you care about its characters. I wonder why the duo of Hathaway and McConaughey accepted the offer to be in this. Its just messy all around and thinks its way more clever than it actually is. The twist is obvious and even then its written in a way that makes it unclear of what its trying to do. Just an all around mess that is actually unintentionally funny.

So now I can see why this film didn't get any promotion. Its pretty terrible and the twist ruin an already bad film and just make it worse. Locke was really good so its surprising how bad Steven Knight's follow up to that film is. Yeah, not recommending this one unless you want to roll your eyes and join the stupidity it brings.

4.5/10
19 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Serenidon't
km0575927 January 2019
This movie was an absolute mess. I found myself ancy for it to be over. The first 30 minutes are spent watching Matthew mcconaughey try and catch a fish. I wish I was kidding. The performances felt forced and the acting was terrible- even for mega A listers. I ignored reviews and decided to give it a chance and I should have listened. Save your money. It's TERRIBLE
33 out of 61 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really twisted movie
yn_arvin3 February 2019
If you like really twisted story, it is fine and good movie for you. But it does gets really twisted hence it could only go two ways, really good, or really bad. So if you don't like twisted movie, it is not worth it for you.

Personally I like movie with small twists which makes you think in general. For me, the first half of the movie was good. But once the twist revealed, I just don't get it. Don't get me wrong, I understand the whole story and the "twist". I just don't get why they put it in there. Therefore the two stars rating.

I'd prefer not watching the second half as the twist kind of ruined the whole thing. Without the "twist" it would be easily better movie.
11 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Save ur money and time!!
paulpohao25 January 2019
It's not the movie you thought about. Don't let the trailer mislead you. Predictable! No brainstorming
25 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Drama
deliranteh26 February 2019
First of all, I'm sorry for my english. This movie was incredibly sad. In a moment I thought I wouldn't understand it but then at the final part we get all the pieces of the puzzle and that's when the real facts hits you and the movie turns from a thriller to a drama. I believe that the evolution of the plot makes the movie a great one.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.