Kevin (Probably) Saves the World (TV Series 2017–2018) Poster

Surprisingly well-made show that will surely make you feel good.
Enki34529 October 2017
As an atheist, I was planning on watching this show, to make fun of it, thinking it would just be religious crap. But hell was I wrong. The show is more about the beauties of life and our universe, than it is about religion. And when it does delve into religious themes and plots, it's not about the belief in god part of religion, but the be a nice person and do good stuff part of it. It's just a really well-made and uplifting show that everyone who wants to have a nice time and feel good should watch. I tried 8 new shows this fall season, and this is the only one that I really loved, I'm very critical about new shows I'm starting and this one was a total surprise.
45 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love this show...please plan for Season 2
deb-hatchell9 October 2017
Rarely do we find a show that everyone in our extended family (that lives together) loves. And it's also hard to find a new show where we are immediately invested starting at the Pilot (usually, we have to be patient as the script works out it's kinks). This one is just such a show.

Jason Ritter has become a fine actor, with comedic timing glimpses of his dear late father, John. Both he and the actor who plays the teenage niece play their roles pitch perfectly.

If you are looking for a well-written show that doesn't include crude language or gratuitous violence; with a theme about redemption and a higher-purpose, then you'll fall in love with this one, too.

At the end of the Pilot episode, we all cried out "We want to binge...don't make us wait".

Were already hoping that the network is approving a second season.
51 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Witty and Funny!
painterchickvero16 October 2017
What a fresh, smart and heartwarming show! It is so clever and funny. I was hoping it would be good because I like the idea and the main actor. There are so many shows out there that are corny and predictable. This show is not that. I have always liked Ritter in every show I have seen him in. I believe this is his best performance to date. He is brilliant in this. I love the spiritual character too. I believe it is the best show to come along in a great while. I hope it continues.
20 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderful new show
robair4 October 2017
OK so I am supposed to be finishing of a design for a client. While I do my design work late at night I like to put on a TV show in the background. Tonight it happened to be 'KPSW' normally the show is on in the background and I just pick up a few things as I work. This time I stopped and watched it. Sure its not the next big thing but I tell you what it is pretty close. I can see me watching this with my kids on a Sunday evening. The characters so far are intriguing don't ask me the names as I am useless with names. I especially like the young girl and I bet plenty of young girls can relate to her in different ways and that is just from the first episode. I am not going to go into details of the show but I will say this if like me middle aged man with kids and who likes to think he has a heart and that the world is not all bad you will enjoy this show and I cant wait to see the next episode.
34 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reminds me of Eli Stone
jforster314 October 2017
This show really reminds me of the 2008 comedy/drama, Eli Stone, staring Johnny Lee Miller. The religious overtones aside, there's this quiet hopefulness in each episode. It's like some trusted loved one from your childhood quietly whispering into your ear that everything's going to be okay.

Jason Ritter's boyish like innocence as he rediscovers the simple beauty of a rain storm or a starry night on a quiet country road... Simple goodness that I wish I could squirrel away for posterity, only to later devour like Grandma's canned jams.
26 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful Weirdness Abounds
foulke994 October 2017
This is definitely weird. As I write this, there are 3 reviews posted, 2 of which are from Lancaster, SC - which is where I'm from as well. (And Lancaster ain't all that big.)

At least one of the other posters is a believer (most likely Christian) -- while I am not. I'm an atheist, in fact. That said, I love - LOVE - this show - the actors (all!!), the writing, the redemption. At least the pilot (here's hoping they don't fall down some hole or other). Anyway - whether it's some quirk or intention of the universe in action here ... all in all, I urge one and all to give the show a whirl. I'm betting that more than a fair number of you will find it well worth the while.
46 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet show, Jason Ritter is incredibly likable...
wildsparrow1611 October 2017
You can't not like Jason Ritter (who is also the spitting image of his late and talented father). There is simply nothing to not like. In this show, he is funny, vulnerable, kind and all too human. However, I find the female characters rather b*tchy - this comes from a female reviewer. Even his angelic mentor can be rather obnoxious. But nasty females aside, this is an engaging show. It is a dramady - not fully comedic, and not fully dramatic, it does deal with real issues and the characters he encounters will warm your heart. The scene in the airport with the pencil seller is not to be missed. It is a refreshing change from the violence and filth that seem to be dominating the airwaves. I highly recommend it.
31 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of those you know you are gonna love
bigbrochris4 October 2017
I am watching the first episode right now and let me tell ya this is a uplifting and fun show the joy here and the lessons on redemption here alone are a good enough to make you want to watch but they add hilarious humor and heartfelt moments into the mix then you have a terrific show and I cant wait to see where this one goes its just pure joy to enjoy
34 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jason Nails It
pinkybahz4 October 2017
This new show is both funny and touching. In the opener, the physical and metaphysical influences on our lives are combined in the person of Kevin Finn, a lost man who needs a path. Enter Yvette, a warrior for God, to guide and protect him.

Jason Ritter shines as the star who must transform to help his sister, niece, and the world at large. He handles the comedy as well as the drama, by illustrating the bewilderment, doubt, and fear that would naturally emerge from a person who has the daunting task of saving the world.

WARNING: Spoiler 🚨 When he touched the meteor, I was hooked! LOL
27 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show
sai-pradhyu8 November 2017
What a good show. It's a shame that it's not getting the attraction it needs. The characters are so lovable and kinda relatable. There are many sci-fi shows out there, many fantasy. But this how is one of those feel-good shows that are enjoyable and fun to watch. ABC should have tried it on another day. but maybe it would have got the attraction if it was on another channel like the CW. One thing is for sure, it didn't seem like the creators put in all their effort but it doesn't look like hasn't been. I hope we get more seasons of this show. There are many articles out there that say (Kevin probably won't save the world because the show might get cancelled), but I try and remain optimistic.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love Kevin, because he reminds of there's good out there
chadtray27 October 2017
This show has been a blessing to me recently. With all of the bad in the news, and pain in the world, it's refreshing to see a show that focuses on the good in people, and what it means to help others out there in "the universe."

Shoes like this are rare, and often get canceled before their prime, but this one has the reminders of shows i watched with my family growing up in the 90s. I miss family shows you can watch like this that make you feel good.

Jason Ritter, like his father, is a master of comedy and story telling, his portrayal of Kevin is wonderful, and shows how someone came from a dark place in his past, to achieve something better!!!

PLEASE GIVE THIS SHOW A WATCH!! IT'S SO GOOD!
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful Show
lanechanger11 October 2017
All I can say is Please give this show a chance. Ignore the one bad review on Kevin Provably Saves The World. It's funny, the characters are interesting and Jason Ritter is wonderful as Kevin. I watched 15 minutes of the pilot, then quit. Thank goodness for On Demand because I had the chance to try again, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I rarely give a 9 vote but this is worth it. ♥
25 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wonderful:)
rbcmd-342247 November 2017
Wonderful show!! It is so nice to sit down and watch a feel good show with the family that you all leave feeling happy and full of hope.

It is very well done....reminds me of t.v. when there was an excitement every week to sit down and watch. Great for people of all ages.

Funny and down to earth!!
Guilty pleasure
carolinag-176677 November 2017
When I first saw the pilot I thought it was a bit corny, but nonetheless I was laughing the whole time. Each episode has just the right amount of corniness and those aww moments. Tuesday's cannot come soon enough!!! And even on Tuesday where life happens and I have to miss the show, I can't hardly wait to get home and watch it! Definitely a guilty pleasure! Please Season 2!!!!!!!!!!
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"...works his wonders in mysterious ways..."
drjgardner2 November 2017
The idea of God working his wonder through an unlikely character is as old as the Bible. There have been several films ("Oh God" series comes to mind right away) and TV series (the best one was "Eli Stone"), and most of them are comedies with just a slight religious overtone. KPSW doesn't give as any more than these films/series did, but it is entertaining with a good cast, especially Jason Ritter.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Our screens have been once again blessed by the brilliance of Jason Ritter in this fresh, new show
tigergirl-349251 November 2017
Five weeks ago I would have said that modern television was lacking a fresh, genuine comedy. Then, Kevin (Probably) Saves the World rocked our world like a meteor. This exciting new show by ABC starring Jason Ritter offers everything that one would be looking for in a show. A riveting cast with beautiful sincerity and believability, a simple yet complex script accompanied with flawless directing and a modern take on "It's A Wonderful Life" with enough twists and turns to keep you on your toes and aching for more at the end of each episode.

Kevin (Probably) Saves the World is the break I have been hoping and praying for for Jason Ritter since I first watched him in Parenthood. With each piece of art I have had the pleasure of watching him in, I have walked away wanting more. I have constantly wanted more for the brilliant actor and even more pleasurable person. Finally, my wishes have been granted. Now, I can sit and smile while I watch Jason craft the beautiful character of Kevin. As an audience you are immediately drawn to Kevin - wanting to know more about his past while eagerly watching him manoeuvre the crazy adventures being thrown his way. As we watch his relationships grow with his family, friends and most importantly, himself you find yourself filled with empathy and appreciation for this unique journey being displayed in front of us.

If I am honest, I came for Jason Ritter. However, I stayed for Jason Ritter and JoAnna Garcia Swisher, Kimberly Hebert Gregory, Chloe East, India de Beaufort, Dustin Ybarra and J August Richards. For whatever reason you want, I highly recommend you give this show a chance. Let Kevin save your world.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I enjoyed Kevin probably saves the world
mwb73923 October 2017
I just watched the first episode and totally enjoyed it !! It reminds me of Highway to Heaven and Touched by an Angel but with more humor. It still has a message without being overly preachy. Jason Ritter is fantastic as Kevin who doesn't have a clue why he was chosen or what to do but is being trained by heavenly helper Kimberly Hebert Gregory. JoAnna Garcia Swisher is his brilliant sister that loves him and forgives his indiscretions because she knows he has a good heart. Chloe East is his niece that thinks he's crazy but is seeing his good heart as her mom does. The real trick is going to be that he can't reveal his mission to anyone. All I can say is there was more than a few times I burst out laughing from situations he got into or just his antics. I highly recommend this show.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watching this makes me feel good
chitownrobert20 October 2017
Joanne Garcia Swisher and Jason Ritter are perfect to evoke enough empathy to watch the premise unfold. Intelligent writing with a great mix of light humor and reality. Some things are a little frustrating (e.g., "the universe" as a living thing), but the promise of a caring dramedy without trying to ignore the spiritual is worth staying with this young new show to see it mature. Watching this makes me feel good, and, boy, do we need more of that these days.
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sweet, moving...even daring.
LordJiggy14 October 2017
Why would I call a television series about a guy who might be nuts "daring?"

Well, for one thing, they talk about God as if He's real. They talk about Him respectfully. And they talk about living a life of service.

When's the last time you've seen that on a major network?

The pilot episode was all about love...with nary a bit of boinking to be seen.

Great stuff, funny without being smutty, nice physical humor, too.

Bravo to the folks who decided to make this story.

Give it a chance. It's really fine.
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST SHOW EVER!!!!
sidstar-793731 April 2018
I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!! Everything else on TV is trash. I love watching a show where someone is actually trying to do good things for the world. There is no violence, not very bad language, and not too much sexy stuff. I loved hearing Jason Ritter on Gravity Falls, and I love him even better in this show! Every character is my favorite character!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE RENEW THIS SHOW!!!!! I WOULD DIE BEING LEFT AT A CLIFF HANGER!!!! Also, I am part of the audience. I record every episode and watch it later because I usually can't watch it air with homework to do. Everyone who watches this show loves it, so PLEASE RENEW IT!!!!
Televised Chicken Soup
Mr_Eclectic31 March 2018
Okay let's get this out of the way. First off, Kevin is kinda a knucklehead, but I can't help but relate to him. He expresses himself so openly and transparently that it makes me appreciate the child in us all. But Kevin Is also bold when he needs to be and willing to acknowledge his own shortcomings (albeit with the help of his soulful guardian). This is a quality I find severely lacking and not often addressed either in entertainment or real life. The producers are sending the obvious message of return to traditional family values vs let's just throw more grit and eye candy on the screen for the sheeple. It is a bold move, but I applaud it and look forward to any effort of its like.
LOVE THIS SHOW!
Very uplifting show without any profanity or gruesome violence. A new refreshing show not like any others on tv (lawyers, medical, violent dramas, zombies, vampires and all of that other crapola). It's a great family show that focuses on helping others and being a good person. The writing, premise, actors are all superb. I hope it doesn't get canceled but it seems like the tv stations only care to air all of that other previously mentioned seen-it-before tv and cancel standout tv shows like this. This is a special show which I hope gets renewed!!!!
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Every episode is worth the wait and also worth a watch
sinneraks13 March 2018
Its a fun and love filled tv series. My wife and me love to watch it together and the relationships all the characters share makes us keep wanting more. Hope this tv series is renewed for another season. Ms. Beaufort and ofcourse Kevin are lovely actors. Hopefully they remain together in season 2 as well. The who,e cast is perfect and they all come together perfectly to make an amazing sow.... Carry on guys...cheers to you all
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wouldn't it be nice to watch a show that is kind, fun, and worthwhile?
melee312 March 2018
Oh wait--there is one! It's called Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. Unfortunately, we may not know if he is able to save the show as it may not be renewed for another season. And that is really too bad. People complain that there is nothing worthwhile on TV, that there is too much sex and violence, but then when there is a good, fun show on that surprises you each week, not enough people watch it. Is it because it isn't advertised enough or that the competition is too much? I don't know, but here is what everyone is missing: 1. Just plain silly fun--physical comedy, quirky characters, and a guy who has a hard time adulting all the time. 2. Kindness--his job is to help other people. He does so in simple ways, complicated ways, crazy ways, and heart-warming ways. Some of the episodes start off with a feeling like "oh, oh, jumped the shark already" and then there is a plot twist and you love it all over again. 3. No need to squirm at scenes if watching with your children. 4. A feeling that just possibly our lives have a purpose and maybe, even if we mess up, people will forgive us and things might get better. If this doesn't get renewed, I will truly miss Kevin and Tyler, but I have learned good lessons from them so it will not be a waste. Here's hoping it gets renewed and we find out if the world gets saved.
Hilarious
sloansnyder11 March 2018
This show is so funny. I have several deep belly laughs per episode. I also love the quirkiness of the plot. This show makes me feel good when there is so much in this world that provokes anxiety, anger, fear, and dispare. I hope this show has a long run.